Under The Moonlit Sky

Exploding Hearts

Pairing: Seungyeon + T.O.P.

----

 

"Let's run it from the top!
5,6..5,6,7,8!"

The loud, hard hitting beats of the hip hop track bounced off the walls of the DSP training room. At grade 10, Han Seungyeon had successfully been accepted as a DSP trainee 2 months ago.

It was almost midnight and Seungyeon and a couple of other trainees were still working hard to nail the routine they had been practicing for the showcase. With her determined face, precise popping and fluid movement she outshone the other trainees dancing to the same rhythm.


"Bye!"
"See you tomorrow!"

Practice was finally over at little past midnight. The dark streets of Seoul were quiet as Seungyeon waited for the bus home to arrive. She was immersing herself in her mp3 player in order to distract herself from being scared.

"Hey..."

She turned to see a some what familiar face. "I'm Choi Seunghyun, in grade 11 at Seoul City High...You're a DSP trainee right?"

He was a sunbae at her school, the handsome one known to be a YG trainee. News had spread pretty quickly about her acceptance into DSP.

"Hello. I'm Han Seungyeon, in grade 10 at Seoul City High. How's training going for you at YG?"

And under the moonlit sky, they became friends.

----

Seungyeon and Seunghyun became close, after all they did attend the same school and both were training to be idols. They were like best friends because they were the only ones that knew the same struggles. So it became routine for them to help each other on homework on their ride home, talk about the hard training set in place for them, and most of all, talk about their future.

They both had their dreams, and they were both on the path to achieving them.

That's why it shouldn't have been a surprise to Seungyeon that after spending time together for a  year, Choi Seunghyun was going to debut.

He had gotten busier and busier. He was no longer chatting with Seungyeon on the ride home, instead he was intensely recording his raps.  He was no longer helping her with homework, instead he was working longer to get the choreography down. And he was no longer talking about his future, instead he was to busy trying to make it reality.

So under the moonlit sky their friendship slowly deteriorated.

----

A year after Choi Seunghyun's, a.k.a. T.O.P., debut with the band Big Bang, Seungyeon had just debuted in the 4 member girl group KARA.

After training for 2 long years, Seungyeon was finally on that stage. The nervousness she was feeling for her groups debut stage blinded her from the fact that Big Bang was also performing on the same music show.

After performing, KARA bowed deeply to the sunbaes of the music industry, Big Bang included.

Their eyes meet when he spoke. "Hey, Congratulations on debuting Seungyeon-ah."

She bowed again. "Thank You Sunbae."


They appeared on many other music programs together and eventually exchanged phone numbers. They kept in contact and sometimes met for coffee late at night after their busy schedules.

And their flame was rekindled under the moonlit sky.

----

Barely even a year after their debut, one of KARA's members had to leave the group to focus on school.

With the three remaining members DSP planned to add two new members to their team.

This proved to be a tough time for Seungyeon, not because of the new members, but because of her constant appearances on variety shows in order to keep KARA's name alive.

She was happy Seunghyun oppa had bee there during those times, because without him those nights under the moonlit sky would be a lot more lonely.

----

"Oppa? Are you sure you're able to come out?" she was waiting for him at the cafe a block from the DSP building.

"Yeah. Just wait five minutes." his deep voice rang into her ears.

It's been two years. KARA had just finished promotions for their hit song, Lupin. While Big Bang focused on their solo activities. Seungyeon and T.O.P. decided to date about 8 months ago, knowing their relationship would be hard. Still, they had kept things a secret from the media. 

The last time they saw each other was 2 months ago, since their busy schedules had kept them from having free time.

He came strolling up to the cafe at midnight with a scarf covering half of his face and sunglasses covering the rest  while she sat on the outside of the non crowded cafe with no make-up and hat shadowing her eyes.

"Hey." Even though his mouth was covered you could tell he was smiling as he approached her table, the cool breeze whipping his scarf back and forth.

"Hey." she smiled back, her tired eyes curved to smile as well.

He sat down across from her taking his sunglasses off, his eyes scanning her with affection.

"What?" his strong gaze still made her feel subconscious about herself, even after all these years.

"Nothing," he looked into her eyes. "It's just, have you noticed that when were together the moon shines a little brighter."

She smiled as he leaned in to kiss her, under their bright moonlit sky.

----

Hello Readers! Not too satisfied with this one-shot :( ...Sorry it took so long to update a short one-shot..as I said in my other fanfic, I've been busy with school lately :\

Anyways, Thanks for subscribing and commenting AND waiting hehe..I send <3's to all of you!! 

-HelloMisterTH-