Growing Up

Exploding Hearts

Pairing: Jiyoung + Daesung

---

Today was the day...the day she was to finally confess her feelings to the sunbae that had her heart for a year now.

Jiyoung's preparations were complete. She had the note that she had spent hours perfecting. She had the cookies she had baked the night before, making sure they were the right shade of golden brown. She even added a cute bow to her usually plain long hairstyle.   

She waited for him on the rooftop of the school. Nervousness flowed through her veins as the thoughts of being rejected, stood up, or laughed at constantly ran through her mind.

After another 10 minutes, the agony of waiting was put to a halt. The sunbae of 3 years strolled up the stairs and Jiyoung's heart started to beat a mile a minute.

"Sunbae...I..I" Jiyoung could barely get any words out of . She instead handed him the bundle of cookies and the note with her head held down.

"Jiyoung-ah..your still a freshman and I'm almost graduating. I'll be going of to college while you're still here waiting for me. You don't want that. You are still naive, and what your feeling for me is probably just infatuation anyways, it's just apart of growing up." With that Daesung left Jiyoung standing dumbfounded with her cookies in hand.

She was rejected, but not in a way that made her cry, but in a way that made her think. Was she really just naively infatuated with her sunbae or was whatever she was feeling real?

--

-4 years later-

Jiyoung walked the large campus of Seoul National University, her residence for one month now, towards the cafe where her friend was waiting for her. Over the past 4 years she learned more about love like her sunbae had told her to. She dated  a good amount of guys, all with different personalities, and all of which confessed to her, but it seemed none could compare to her first love. HE had been imprinted in her mind even after all these years. Why? She could never know.

Daesung had come from studying overseas back home to Seoul National University. He had been studying in Japan for a year now and was happy to be back home.

Luggage in hand he headed for his dorm. Until, a tall young girl with a short hairstyle bumped into him accidentally.

"Sorry." Jiyoung bowed with her head lowered.

"It's ok." Daesung said, then started walking again.

"Sunbae?" she said, catching up to him and tapping him on the shoulder. "It's me, Jiyoung."

He turned around and was in shock, she no longer was his cute little dongsaeng, but a matured beauty.

"Do you go to school here sunbae?"

"Y..ye" he started stuttering for reasons unbeknownst to him.

"How come I haven't seen you around then?" she tilted her head subconsciously, causing Daesung to grow more nervous. Why didn't he see her beauty before.

"Uh..," he scratched the back of his head. "I've been studying in Japan for a year."

Her eyes lit up. "Omo. That's so cool! I've always wanted to travel there." she clasped her hands in excitement.

He smiled. "Why don't we catch up over some ice cream?" he asked, anticipating her answer.

She looked at her watch. "Omo. Sorry I can't I have class and it starts soon, maybe some other time." she then waved, and ran the opposite direction.

---

He saw her again the next day and tapped her on the shoulder. "Are you busy?"

They entered the super crowded coffee shop filled with young college students. After getting their drinks they decided to sit outside. Both were eager to know what the other has been up to for the past 4 years.

Three weeks later they still met at the coffee shop everyday. They talked about the most random things and understood each other well. Jiyoung knew that this was no longer an infatuation, but maybe they could be something more. The subtle hand brushes as they walked side by side, when he would wipe when she had wiped cream on it, and how he would always pick her up and drop her of to her classrooms, even if he would be late to his own. He liked her back, and she knew it.

"Sunbae? What are we?" Jiyoung asked suddenly, while they were sitting at their usual place.

"Uh..you know." he scratched the back if his head. "like..friends?"

"Don't you like me though, sunbae?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah..I like you..but..aren't we comfortable just like this?" It was true, Daesung was too embarrassed of rejecting Jiyoung in high school. His feelings were something he was just trying to suppress due to the fact that he was guilty from before.

She was shocked. "Sunbae, what's with you? Why, are you afraid to ask me to be your girlfriend or something?" 

He didn't say a word.

"Grow up." She said, and walked away from their table.

"Jiyoung!" he got up to chase her, but she ran away too fast.

---

The next day, Jiyoung attended classes as usual, but this time Daesung didn't walk her to her classes or pick her up.

As her day went, she felt the fatigue of not having coffee at the usual time. She knew she couldn't avoid it any longer, she needed her usual caffeine boost.

Her walk to the coffee shop was rather dull. Usually Daesung would be by her side talking about random things that came to their heads.

When she saw their usual spot, she was surprised to see her sunbae there. Their eyes meet and he smiled.

He grew up, like she told him to and was no longer afraid to admit his feelings. The past was the past, but he was now just worried about a future without her.

Standing up on the table, Daesung kept his eyes on the shocked face of Jiyoung.

"Kang Jiyoung, will you be my girlfriend?" he said, loud enough for the whole outside of the coffee shop to hear.

Her shocked face broke into a embarrassed smile. She calmly walked up to him.

"I've been waiting for you to ask that for 4 years."

He smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Grow up, sunbae." she said, and smiled before turning her head to give him a soft peck on the lips. 

---

Yeah.. :)

next one-shot feat. GD and Nicole will possibly be posted by this weekend and Taeyang + Gyuri, by the end of the month...hopefully.

thanks for reading and commenting!

-HelloMisterTH-