Part 1

Miss Movin' On

It was a good day, great for cycling, doing sports and all sorts of things. Well, how about me?

I am at home looking at fanfictions... Yeah... I do have a life but... That's what I do during free time.

 

Mom: Park Ailee-yah! Come here, ppali~

 

(Your name is Park Ailee)

 

You: Wae omma?

 

Mom: Look, isn't that your best friend? *points at the TV*

 

You: He used to be my best friend. Waeyo?

 

Mom: Nothing, he's all grown up now... Omo, I wish you two can meet and remember your high school days~ he's a actor now...

 

You: Omma... I don't even want to meet him.

 

Mom: Aigoo *pinches you* arasso, arasso... What are you suppose to do? Aren't you suppose to send the Kimchi to your aunt Sooyoung?

 

You: Oh yeah... I forgot. I will~

 

Aishh~ why now? I have to watch the last episode of My Love From The Star. Anyway, at least I'm out of the house for a while.

About my 'Best Friend' thing... I used to be very close with a guy named Kim Jongdae, also known as Chen. During my high school days, we always hung out with each other, goes to each others house and even one time, we traveled together to Paris. It was fun but until one day... I accidentally fell in love with him.

 

While we were in the Eiffel Tower.

I was looking through the telescope, I saw our hotel, the place we ate and a park. Just then, Chen tapped my shoulder.

 

Chen: Here...

 

You: What's this? A key chain?

 

Chen: An Eiffel Tower key chain...

 

You: Thanks, Chen... That's so nice ^^

 

Chen: Umm... Could you go with me to The Pizzeria Le Martha later on?

 

You: Algeseo... Wae?

 

Chen: Nothing...

 

I looked at him weirdly, Chen seemed to blushed when he thought I wasn't looking. What's with the fancy restaurant? I guess he wants us to eat there... But the atmosphere felt weird.

 

An hour later, he and I walked towards the restaurant. We stopped outside as soon as we arrived. I saw his face that's full of thoughts.

 

You: What's up? You okay?

 

Chen: How am I suppose to say this... *exhales a big sigh*

 

You: What is it?

 

Chen: Look... Over there... At the corner.

 

You: Wae?

 

I looked through the window, I don't see anyone in familiar with.

 

You: Nugu? I don't see anyone~

 

Chen: There... The girl there. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and is wearing a pretty aqua blue dress...

 

There was a long pause...

 

Chen: I like her...

 

You: When? How?

 

Chen: I've been looking for her...

 

You: So, this trip... You and I have been wandering around just to find her?

 

Chen: Yes, I'm sorry I never told you... I don't know how~

 

You: It's alright, you like her. Go ahead... Have fun with her. I'll be there when you need me...

 

I started walking away, not looking back. I turn left to a dark corner and peeked at Chen. He walked in the restaurant, I saw him hugging her. They look great together.

 

Then, I cried hard. So hard until the rain started to pour.

 

You: *looks up* It rains at night? Uggh... Thank you so much for ruining my day...

 

I'd rather be in the hotel and lay on the bed... While eating doughnuts. I bought some on the way to the hotel. I went in my room, sat on my bed and watched TV. It was one of the French movie with English subtitles.

 

I ate my cookie chocolate doughnut, it tasted like heaven...

Okay.... What am I doing? I should... I don't know... I can't even think straight! What is wrong with me?!

 

Meanwhile, at the restaurant. Chen and the girl he likes were having a good time, they ate great food.

 

Chen: I'm glad you came.

 

Sarah: Nae... Me too x3

 

Waiter: Here you go, cheese fondue with fruits and meat.

 

Chen: Thank you... This is great. If Ailee was here, she would love this. She always wants to taste his.

 

Sarah: Okay... Chen... I had enough. I think this won't work out~

 

Chen: What? What are you talking about?

 

Sarah: You've been talking about your best friend for the past few minutes, you never get to know me. Why?

 

Then it clicked, why does Chen keep on talking about Ailee?

He talked about her non stop. Sarah left him sitting, Chen was dumbfounded. Does he like Ailee?

He kept thinking...

 

Back to the hotel...

I packed my things, because, I am leaving. Going back to my country, I left a note at Chen's hotel room and quickly took a cab to the airport.

 

Ever since that day, I never heard and spoke to him. Until, I found out that he was a singer in a band. He's super famous now while I am waiting tables in my own café. That's right, I'm the boss x3

 

Jiyeon: Hey Ailee...

 

You: Hey, Jiyeon-ah.

 

Jiyeon: There's a guy there who keeps on bugging us. Looking at our... Back, if you know what I mean.

 

You: Gosh, what a ert. Let me talk to him.

 

I walked towards the guy who kept bugging my girls, I had confidence and a bit of doubts because I don't wanna make a scene.

Once I went to the guy, I immediately paused and knew that he was the one. He was the guy who kept coming to my place several times over the weekend.

 

You: Excuse me sir, can please not be creepy to my staffs here. Its bugging them and if you continue to do that, I'm afraid you are banned from coming back here.

 

Guy: Well look what we have here, a feisty one. I like~

 

Okay, I'm annoyed... I wanna slap him with a shovel.

I asked him to leave kindly...

 

You: Would you please get out.

 

Guy: *sighs* I like you girl, are you their manager? You seem to be doing a pretty good job.

 

You: Nagaseyo ahjussi, I don't want to make a scene. You disgustingly horrible peasant, never ever come back.

 

Guy: Ge yeojaga... Nappeun... How dare you! Don't make me slap you!

 

I closes my eyes, his hand was about to swing. I waited for the pain but... It wasn't coming. I opened my eyes to see a guy holding the guy's wrist. Preventing him from slapping me.

 

Just then, the whole room kept quite. I heard whispers and them talking.

 

Girl: Omo, isn't that the guy from a famous band?

Boy: He is so brave.

Girl: Ottohke!! He is handsome!

 

You: Kim... Jongdae...?

 

Chen: Get out, you're already banned from here.

 

Guy: You can't ban me! Who are you!

 

Chen: Too bad, I just did and I am her boyfriend.

 

Guy: Bunch of kids, you'll see! I'll be back!

 

Chen: Yeah right, tell that to someone who cares.

 

Chen told him lastly when the creeper walked out the door. I looked at Chen as if I saw a ghost. It was really him, he smiled at me.

 

Chen: Ailee? Remember me? *smiles*

 

You: No.

 

I stormed out to the kitchen.

I can't believe it, after how many years. He just showed up... Like that. My face turned red... My heart's heavy and my mind is playing with me. Jiyeon came in and pat my back.

 

Jiyeon: Everything alright? I saw the way you look at him. Looks like you know him a lot.

 

You: *tears start bursting*

 

Jiyeon: Omo, Ailee-ah... Stop crying... Everything will be alright.

 

She hugged me, I felt better.

I took the courage and confidence to get out and continue doing my work as the owner of my restaurant.

 

Chen was waiting for me obviously.

I acted tough... While inside I'm a little cat. He was so happy to see me.

 

Chen: Ailee-ah...

 

You: Its Ailee-sshi, to you mister... Umm... Park?

 

Chen: Its me, Chen, don't you remember?

 

You: I will be telling the truth because that's the best policy, telling the TRUTH. So, yes I know who you are Mr. Kim.

 

I made it quite obvious, I didn't know what I was thinking. I suddenly felt stupid and childish.

 

Chen: Park Ailee, you've changed, I mean like, you got yourself a café and you own it. You've always wanted that, I'm so happy for you.

 

He made that smile, that smile I love to see. It warms my heart all the time and I feel like butterflies in my tummy.

Uggh!!! Ailee, wake up! Remember he hurt your heart? Like glass shatter and no one came and clean.

 

You: Yeah, I worked hard. So, I heard about you on TV. Well, its obviously on TV.

 

Chen: Yeah, I'm enjoying it... But I feel better that you're here.

 

You: (Eww??) Okay, I best be going... I have customers to serve. Anyway, it was nice seeing you Mr. Kim.

 

Chen: Wait, Ailee!

 

I heard him yelled my name when I turned quickly and ran to the kitchen, its like the kitchen is our hiding place. Jiyeon was still there, she was assisting two chefs.

 

You: Jiyeon...

 

Jiyeon: Yeah Ailee? Is it important cause I am currently peeling pineapple skin off ¬_¬

 

You: Yeah, it is.

 

Jiyeon: Gaeul-yah, will you peel this off for me? Thank you.

 

I went to my office while Jiyeon followed me from behind.

I sat on my chair, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

 

Jiyeon: Ailee, you seen kind of tense.

 

You: Me? Tense? Ha! No way... Why would I feel tense?

 

I stuttered...

 

Jiyeon: Well, you are wearing your apron backwards.

 

I looked at it, she's right... How come... Wait... What? How was it backwards???

 

You: *sigh* Okay, you win... You win... Guess I have to tell you.

 

Jiyeon: Umm, its fine if you don't wanna tell me if its that personal. I could just go continue on wor--

 

You: As your best friend for over 3 years, I have to tell you.

 

I cut her words, she doesn't seemed to mind about my emotionally dramatic effect.

 

You: You know Chen?

 

Jiyeon: Personally no, but I know that he's famous.

 

You: I know right! But... He and I used to be best friends. Like, very close just like Barney and friends or Winnie the pooh.

 

Jiyeon now looked confused, I was even confused myself. I don't understand what I'm saying.

 

Jiyeon: I think you need a break... You know, let things loose.

 

You: Who is going to take care of the place?

 

Jiyeon: I will... As your best friend for 3 years, you can trust me.

 

Of course, I trust her.

So I decided to take a day off or maybe two... Or three.

 

Jiyeon: You can take your day off as long as you like.

 

You: Okay, but call me if there's an emergency.

 

To be continued

 

Jung Soojae ~