Promise

Music Written For Two

a/n: I know I usually put these at the end but I wanted to say that this will most likely be the last chapter if MWFT. Honestly, it was never intended to be chaptered, but I made it chaptered anyways. Also, I just kinda want to move on to writing other things (my writing bores me otl). So just a heads up…

~~~~~~~

    Winter had already reached it’s peak and the end of the semester had already arrived. Yoongi had pulled all-nighters almost every day for two weeks to make his song perfect. He would play his track over and over again, trying to find something that would fit with Jimin’s singing. In the end, he kept it simple, as to not take away from the vocals, but he was worried his professor would not be impressed with his plain ballad. Of course it wasn’t plain to Yoongi though. He understood the meaning behind Jimin’s lyrics and producing a track to go with his vocals was one of the most difficult tasks of his life. This led the two boys spending virtually all of their time together in the two short weeks before they had to hand in their midterm projects.

    This time of the year was usually full of playing and laughing and spending time with your loved ones- but not for students. On the occasion that Jimin would leave the recording studio, to grab food or quickly go back to their apartment to shower and change clothes, Jimin would see the faces of his peers on campus and couldn’t help but think how they looked almost like walking corpses. Faces thinned, deep, purple rings formed, and Jimin wondered if he looked like that too. Of course the past two weeks were great since he got to spend them with Yoongi, but all they really did was work on their projects together. It was always too awkward for one to approach the other.

Jimin always envied couples during Christmas time. They would appear everywhere, slight touches to show affection, or going to get hot chocolate and watch the storefronts light up their Christmas trees. He thought this is what it would be like with Yoongi, but he should have known better. They hadn’t come that far- they were still shifting from the “best friend” label to the “lover” label. This was all uncharted territory. The younger did have relationships with other guys in the past, but none ever came close to this, after all, it was Yoongi, his best friend. Jimin laughed dryly at his silly fantasies. Besides, they couldn’t show affection to each other in public like couples usually would.  They would get ridiculed and it would destroy their fragile relationship. Jimin would have liked to think that everyone is okay with two men dating, but this unfortunately wasn’t the case. Never had Jimin ever felt so bitter and frustrated before. He wanted to get closer to Yoongi, he wanted to do things that other couples did, but he couldn’t initiate these things himself because, how would the older boy react? Jimin’s mind ran through all of these thoughts over and over and hadn’t realized he had been staring at the wall for a few minutes. Yoongi picked his head up to ask Jimin about his progress, when he saw the younger boy staring blankly at the cushioned wall. A puzzled look flashed across Yoongi’s face before it softened. He didn’t know what the boy beside him was thinking, but seeing him furrow his brows and chew his bottom lip, he could probably guess.

“Jimin, what’s on your mind? You’ve been staring holes into the wall for a good three minutes now,” Yoongi’s voice brought Jimin out of his stupor, and he looked over to Yoongi and let out a sigh. Yoongi could tell something was bothering the usually bubbly boy. Yoongi scooted closer towards Jimin and started to rub circles on his back, a comforting gesture that Yoongi had done ever since they met in middle school. Jimin put his head in his hands and avoided the older boy’s worried gaze. He let another sigh out and was about to speak, when Yoongi beat him to it.

“Is it your composition? I thought it was going fine, if you need more help I can help you, but you know I can’t write it for-” Jimin groaned and picked his head back up, a signal that Yoongi was far from hitting the topic.

“Hyung, it’s not the composition… it’s us Yoongi-hyung,” Yoongi panicked and thought the younger boy was going to tell him how it wouldn’t work and how they should have never started- whatever relationship they had now. He took his hand off Jimin’s back and started to scoot away before Jimin noticed his alarm and grabbed his wrist. Jimin looked at Yoongi with misting eyes and pulled himself towards the older boy. Yoongi was still confused about Jimin’s words and actions, but he welcomed the younger into his embrace. They sat there in silence for a few minutes before Yoongi started to notice Jimin’s shaking shoulders. Yoongi pulled the younger up to face him.

“Jimin? Jimin what’s wrong? Was it something I did, I don’t understand, talk to m-” Yoongi was cut off again, but this time by Jimin’s warmth. The younger boy had suddenly kissed Yoongi, but instead of pulling away like he did the last time he kissed Yoongi, his lips remained attached to the older boy’s. Yoongi was shocked and didn’t know how to react, he simply stared blankly at Jimin. Only when Jimin started to tug at the older boy’s bottom lip with his teeth did Yoongi become aware of the situation. At first he tried to gently shove the younger boy away, but Jimin’s iron grip on Yoongi’s waist wouldn’t allow it. Yoongi quickly accepted the position he was in and gave in to the younger boy. Had it been anyone else, Yoongi would have definitely shyed away, but strangely enough, he became comfortable with Jimin. Was it because Jimin had been his best friend for so long, was it because he secretly wished for Jimin to be the one to approach him? At this point, it didn’t really matter, all Yoongi could focus on was Jimin’s plush lips on his own. Jimin and Yoongi remained kissing for what seemed like an eternity, thoughts jumbling through both of the boy’s minds. This time they kissed wasn’t quite like before. It wasn’t aggressive, or quick and fleeting- it was filled with the words neither of them could say. It was filled with the notes that neither could copy down, yet it seemed like the most beautiful piece of music to them. Jimin leaned away from Yoongi first, he didn’t back away, resting his head onto Yoongi’s shoulder. The older boy Jimin’s soft hair and remained silent- he needed Jimin to communicate with him first. Just then, Jimin slowly picked his head up and looked Yoongi straight in the eye, causing both of the boy’s cheeks to flush to light pink.

“Hyung… Yoongi-hyung, are we okay?” His question held so many other questions with it, questions that Yoongi didn’t have an answer for. All that mattered to Yoongi though, was the boy in front of him. It was as if he was developing tunnel vision, all he could see was Jimin, everything was Jimin. When did Yoongi become like this? Before he and Jimin had confessed to each other they acted perfectly normal, but now Yoongi felt an emptiness every time Jimin left, even if only for a few hours. The boys remained gazing at each other. Yoongi slowly moved his hands to cup Jimin’s cheeks and the younger boy leaned into his touch.

“Jimin… I don’t know really. How we’re going to make this work that is- but I think that if you’re still with me it’ll all be okay,” and Jimin smiled at the older boy’s words, tears freshly flowing from his eyes. Yoongi leaned forward and kissed away Jimin’s salty tears before bringing him into another embrace.

That night, Jimin slept in Yoongi’s bed, curling his fingers into the fabric of Yoongi’s t-shirt and lacing his legs with Yoongi’s. They both slept the best they ever had that night, songs of promises and caramel macchiatos playing in their dreams.

 

~~~~~~~

a/n: (yes another otl) anyways, I apologize for my sloppy writing in this fic (did this chapter even make sense?? none of these chapters flow omg), but since it is my first, it’s not very good TT_TT  I’ll probably be writing more one shots and you x member scenarios rather than chaptered stories so requests are always open!  Thank you all for subscribing etc., and I’m really sorry for ending this abruptly, but I hope you understand! Till next time!

-Mari