Winter Sonata

Music Written For Two

    It took another few weeks before the two boys interacted again. Winter had approached, along with midterms. Both boys were on edge from the impending doom of their tests. Yoongi had to compose and record a song with vocals while Jimin had to write an original composition. Jimin was good at reading music and he was even a pretty good singer. One thing he wasn’t confident in, was his writing ability. During one particular night, Jimin was struggling with his composition. Writing and rewriting until he almost erased holes into his score sheets. He banged his head hard against his desk and let out a sigh. The elder of the boys must have heard the commotion and burst into Jimin’s room with a worried look plastered on his face.

    “Jimin what’s wrong are you okay?” Jimin slowly lifted his head with his eyes closed, and let out an exasperated sigh.

    “Yes hyung, I’m just great,” sarcasm laced through Jimin’s words as he looked up at Yoongi, clearly annoyed.

    “Hey, woah, I just heard a loud noise and thought you had hurt yourself...no need to be so sassy,” Yoongi felt a little hurt- he had never heard Jimin talk like this to him before. He was always lively and fun, but ever since winter had come, Jimin had been acting especially irritated.

    Jimin noticed Yoongi’s hurt gaze and immediately softened his expression.

    “Ah hyung, I’m sorry you know I didn’t mean it like that I’m just- I’m-”

    “No, Jimin it’s alright, I’m going out so… go to bed and don’t wait up for me,” Jimin tried saying something else- tried to say anything, but his voice wouldn’t come out. He felt stupid for not approaching Yoongi for weeks and immediately felt regretful towards his own actions. Yoongi showed Jimin emotions he hadn’t revealed to anyone else, and Jimin just put him aside because of school. As he watched Yoongi put on his coat and shoes he felt like crying, screaming, anything, but instead he just watched him walk out of their apartment. Yoongi was slipping through his fingers all because of Jimin’s own selfishness.

Jimin walked back to his room, dejected. he sat in the chair at his desk and stared at his empty music scores. He couldn’t keep Yoongi, he couldn’t even write music. He put his head in his hands and aggressively ran his fingers through his hair. There had to be something that could save his relationship with the older boy that wouldn’t compromise his school work. Jimin stood up suddenly and ran to the door where he grabbed his coat and scarf while hastily throwing on his shoes. He ran out of the apartment, not even stopping to lock the door. He knew where Yoongi went. Ever since they were in high school, Yoongi would always go to the same coffee house whenever he was upset, or needed inspiration.

When Jimin entered, he immediately spotted the older boy, sitting in his usual spot in the middle booth, sipping his usual caramel macchiato. Yoongi didn’t look up when Jimin entered, too focused on cooling the hot coffee he was cradling in his hands. Jimin cautiously walked over to the booth where the older was sitting and sat across from him. Yoongi looked up, surprised.

“Jimin what are you-”

“No hyung, don’t talk I have something to say first,” he let out a nervous sigh before beginning again. “I...I’ve been so stupid. I don’t know how else to say it. Ever since we met in middle school you’ve been nothing but a best friend to me and before I knew it, I wanted to be more than friends with you,” Yoongi’s jaw dropped at the younger’s words, but Jimin continued. “Lately, I’ve only been focusing on school. With midterms and everything, I’ve been on edge, but I shouldn’t have used that to ignore both of our feelings. When you left the apartment I felt so stupid for letting you go so easily, so I decided I’m not going to let you go anymore,” Yoongi was even more shocked at these words and snapped his mouth shut. It would be a lie to say that his eyes weren’t slightly misty at this point. “So… I came up with a way that both of us can spend time with each other while working on our midterm assignments,” Jimin looked up at Yoongi, waiting for some sort of response. The older noticed he was waiting for him to say something so he tried to pull himself out of his stupor to respond to the younger.

“And… what would this plan be?”

“So does this mean you’ll do it?” Jimin’s eyes sparkled but Yoongi was still hesitant.

“No, it means what is your plan.”

“Oh, oh right. So, we know for your midterm you have to compose and produce a song with vocals, and I have to write my own original song. Well,” Yoongi could now get a hint to where this was going, “Since you’re an amazing songwriter you can help me write my song, and I can help you by assisting with your producing and I can provide vocals too!” Jimin’s excitement almost had him bouncing out of the booth he was in, yet Yoongi was still hesitant.

“I don’t know Jimin… are you sure this will work out I mean-”

“Of course it will work out hyung! We’ll start tomorrow, okay?” Yoongi was biting his lip and weighing the pros and cons.

“Yeah, okay sure then we’ll help each other out. I’ll take you to the studio tomorrow and we can work on our assignments there,” he let out a sigh but realized this was the only way to work both of their situations out.

Yoongi stood up to leave and Jimin followed him. On the way back to their apartment, they were silent. Yoongi shivered at a gust of wind and tried to pull his coat up around his face more. Yoongi suddenly felt something warm around his neck and looked over to see Jimin tying his scarf around the older’s neck. Jimin didn’t say anything, instead he just flashed the older a smile and resumed walking. When they arrived at their apartment, they took off their coats and shoes. Yoongi turned to walk to his room before Jimin pulled his wrist to turn Yoongi so he would face him.

Yoongi looked surprised, but before he could do anything, Jimin planted a quick peck on his lips. The kiss wasn’t long, which, left Yoongi a little disappointed, but as the boys walked to their separate rooms, they were both smiling brightly and quickly fell into slumber.

~~~~~~~~

a/n: Wow haven't updated in a while I'm so sorry!! To make it up to you guys, I'm going to post another chapter right after this one. I would have combined them, but I think it flows better to make it two seperate chapters? Anyways, I've been thinking of more story ideas lately. Maybe a yoonmin supernatural!au?? Maybe a vhope??? Leave me some suggestions! As always, thank thank you THANK YOU for subscribing and upvoting!! <3

-Mari