NadiYong: Beach Date Pt. 2 [END]

NadiYong X VChelle

“Wah! It's the beach!” Yonghwa channeled his inner child and went charging towards the tide with his arms expanded all the way out. He stopped running once he reached where the tide slid back into the ocean, and his eyes closed impulsively as he inhaled the rejuvenating scent of the ocean. With his arms still spread out, he opened his eyes and grinned in response to the beautiful picture that nature was currently painting him. He turned his head to the side, eyes landing on Nadia who was currently laying out a couple of blankets for them to lay on. With his arms finally descending, he brought one hand up to the back of his head, ruffling his hair a bit in habit. His grin lessened, and the cause was anything but displeasure. A warmer and much more affectionate smile took over his face as Nadia, who was currently sitting on the nest she formed, made eye contact with him. Her eyes awkwardly shifted between his own to the beach, though eventually she gave up and brought her attention down to her camera which lay on her lap. Sensing her possible disappointment, Yonghwa turned his body in her direction and expanded all four limbs and formed and “X” with his body.

 

Nadia's head tilted out of curiosity. “What are you doing?”

 

“Come on!” He brought a hand down and taped on his chest a couple of times. “I'll be your subject! Make sure I look pretty, okay?”

 

Nadia realized that he must have seen her “secretly” snapping pictures of him on her camera; however, with this open invite, she couldn't resist. Her hands shuffled with the camera for a few seconds before she brought it up in front of her face and snapped pictures endlessly.

 

“Make sure you get my good side, photographer-nim.” Yonghwa joked while doing various “strong guy” and “swagger” poses.

 

“Yes, Yonghwa-ssi!” Nadia replied, going along with his roleplaying. “Okay Yonghwa-ssi, I need you to give me some cute.”

 

“Cute?” He questioned while breaking out of his current flexing pose.

 

“Yeah! Show me your aegyo!” Nadia shouted back in reply. She got on her knees to elevate the camera angle and tried her best to take good pictures. He blinked a few times in contemplation before leaning his body forward while puckering his lips. He brought an index finger up to his mouth and touched his bottom lip ever-so lightly. With his eyes opened wide and round, he tilted his head and looked up at the cooling multicolored sky. “Photographer-nim, am I doing this right?”

 

Nadia was too busy cracking up to respond. “Y-Yes! That's PERFECT!” She shouted between her persistent laughter. “Just keep doing what you're doing!”

 

“Okay, Photographer-nim. I trust you, alright?!” He answered in the midst of his constant moving.

 

“Give me y!”

 

“Okay!”

 

“Good! Now Innocent!”

 

“Mhm!”

 

“That's not innocent!”

 

“You're right; it's seductive. Is it working?”

 

“Haha, maybe!” Nadia brought the camera down from her face and switched to view mode. “Okay Yonghwa-ssi, you can rest now. Good work!”

 

“Yes~” Yonghwa bowed stiffly in Nadia’s direction, his arms glued to his sides in the process. He made his way over to Nadia as she shuffled through the multiple photos she had just taken. Sitting back down, she giggled at one photo, aww'd at another, and shyly nodded in silence at the rest. Once Yonghwa sat beside her on the blanket, she stopped looking through her camera and looked over at him with a pleased smile.

 

“That was fun.”

 

Yonghwa stole the camera from her hands and slid through a couple of the photos. “Woah-ho! These are good, photographer-nim! When shall I expect the photobook to come out?”

 

Nadia giggled at the question. “When we get back to Seoul I'll make a couple of scrapbooks of with these pictures, then go to your company and try to sell it.”

 

“Ha, I don't think the best idea,” Yonghwa disagreed. “You might get arrested for selling without a permit.”

 

“Really?” Nadia pouted, even though she wasn't being serious about the idea. She took her camera back and brought her eyes to the small screen. A smile formed on her face as she looked at the picture of his aegyo that was currently on display. “Then I guess I'll just have to keep them all for myself.”

 

“That sounds much better,” Yonghwa replied while playfully bumping into her shoulder with his own. He brought his head back to face the open ocean in front of them. “Look! Over there!”

 

“What happened?” Nadia responded, though her curiosity was quickly satisfied once she saw the amazing view ahead of her. “Oh my god—it's so beautiful!” Without a second thought, she brought her camera back in front of her face and quickly snapped a few photos. The sun was just reaching down in to the ocean, barely kissing it as the sky behind it faded slowly from a light blue to orange, and finally from a crisp violet to a deep blue.

 

“Hold on, I have something,” Yonghwa twisted his body around and began searching in his bag for something. “Where are you... Hmm... Ah!” He pulled out a white Polaroid camera and positioned the lenses to fit them both. “Turn around.”

 

“Huh?” Nadia's attention was slowly peeled away from the sunset through her camera as she turned her head to face Yonghwa. She then noticed the Polaroid camera in Yonghwa's hand and rushed to put her own camera away.

 

“Okay, I'm gonna take the picture!” He settled his index finger on the shutter release button and began to countdown. Nadia turned back around and smiled for the picture. “One... Two... Three!” The shutter sounded and the polaroid picture was spat out from a thin slot in the camera.

 

“Awesome~” Yonghwa sang as he caught the photo falling out of the camera. He shook the photo lightly and blew on the surface repeatedly, hoping it would develop quicker. “I'm sure it came out nice.”

 

“Yonghwa,” Nadia spoke, her tone having the slightest sign of disappointment.

 

“Yes~?” He lulled, eyes still trained on the waving polaroid in his hand.

 

“This is the second time.”

 

“Second time for what.” Yonghwa feigned ignorance in a monotonous voice.

 

Nadia poked his arm in annoyance as she spoke. “It's the second time today that you've kissed me while I was not prepared.”

 

“Ow ow ow! That hurts!” He complained vocally from receiving multiple stabs on his upper arm, though greatly exaggerated the pain level. “When did I kiss you, huh?”

 

Nadia rolled her eyes and took the polaroid from Yonghwa's hands, shaking it even quicker. Once the picture started to develop she stopped shaking it and looked closely at the picture. “See. Right here.”

 

She held the polaroid in front of his face and pointed at the picture. His eyes took a second to focus on the object of close proximity, though soon after he saw it very clearly. In the picture, you could see Nadia smiling unsuspectingly as Yonghwa's face was in profile position and his eyes were closed; his lips were puckered and they were pressed strategically against Nadia's cheek.

 

“Oh,” He cleared his throat and blinked a few times to better his vision. “You mean this kiss.” Yonghwa gripped on the photo with his thumb and index finger, sliding it right out if his girlfriend's hands. He nodded at the object and turned his head in her direction. “It turned out nice, didn't it?”

 

“Yonghwa.” She replied sternly.

 

“Why? What?” He whined, naturally causing his lower lip to protrude the slightest bit. “I can't even kiss my own girlfriend on the cheek without her getting upset.”

 

“No, no,” Nadia defended her current mood, her hands waving in disagreement naturally. “I'm not upset. Anything but that, actually. I'm just... I don't know.” She brought her hands up to her face and cupped both of her cheeks in embarrassment.

 

“What are you thinking about? Tell me.” Yonghwa placed the photo beside him and concentrated on Nadia's current mood. “Is there something wrong?” Nadia shook her head, opposing his accusation. Yonghwa was still unconvinced. His eyes shifted a bit wearily. “Does my breath smell?” He cupped his nose and mouth and did a breath check for a few seconds. Nadia took a hand off of her cheek and grabbed Yonghwa's arm, causing him to stop immediately. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Then what is it?”

 

She tightened her gentle grip on his arm and moved her other hand to join in. “I'm just... happy.”

 

“What.” Yonghwa snorted. “I can't kiss you because you're happy? What type of unwritten law is that.”

 

“No, I—I love your kisses! But they happen so quick. Things like that I... I just like to cherish them.” Nadia looked down, slightly upset with her unclear way of showing how she feels. “I'm sorry if I'm making you feel awkward.”

 

Yonghwa stared at the other silently for a few moments before releasing an obvious sigh of relief. He took his hand and placed it gently on top of the other's head, smoothing her hair down a few times before speaking. “Is that it? So you're happy but not happy at the same time, right?”

 

“No I'm happy!” Nadia retorted. However her reply was cut short due to Yonghwa's following action. In that moment, he slid his hand down to the nape of her neck, creating support for her head as he crashed his lips up against hers. For a second, her eyes went wide from the sudden occurrence; but soon after, her eyelids drifted closed and she leaned into her boyfriend's inviting lips. Once Yonghwa felt her defense come down, he tilted his head sideways and deepened their kiss. His lips fed on hers as though it would eventually create a solution for world peace. His other hand naturally found it's way up to her shoulder, as he rested it softly on top of her collarbone. Nadia's chest was beating faster than ever before. They've had their fair share of kisses in the past, but this one was different. She felt as though Yonghwa was communicating with her through their connecting lips; each peck was another word, and each subtle gasp of air was a different sentence. She felt as though time had stopped, and Yonghwa was creating another story of their own in this separate realm. Her hands, which had been resting politely on her lap the entire time, meandered their way around Yonghwa's torso, gripping the back of his sweater tightly as to assure herself that he wouldn't disappear. In response to this, Yonghwa moved both of his hands to cup each side of her neck, leaving one last peck on her lips before pulling apart.

 

“Don't worry, Nadia. I'm not going anywhere.” His thumbs gently caressed her cheeks, which had turned an obvious shade of red. “Which is why you shouldn't be sad when our kisses happen quickly.” Following this, he placed numerous small pecks on her lips, while she silently accepted them with her eyes closed. He brought his hands down from her neck, though cupped her chin with one hand, lifting her head up. “I love you,” He cooed softly as he placed another loving kiss on her lips. Nadia's eyes fluttered open, and her eyes landed on the most perfect human being on the earth. Yonghwa's gaze immediately matched with her own, and they almost instantly smiled in unison at one another.

 

“I love you too,” Nadia's arms tightened their hold around Jung Yonghwa's waist as she rested the side of her head perfectly in his chest. He chuckled quietly to himself and brought his hands around her head while gently resting his chin on top of it. Nadia felt her mind at complete ease. The sound of his heart beat and the waves crashing in the ocean created a melody that could cause her to drift in to a beautiful dreamland. However, she knew that no dream would ever be better than what she was experiencing at this moment.