MichYeol: Happy New Years!

NadiYong X VChelle

"I'll only be in the next room. I can still walk over to celebrate after." Serena broke away from the hug as you replied to her claim with a quick shrug.

"Still." Without further debate, you turned around leaving your friend to make her way towards the main room. As you turned, your eyes landed on someone in particular--Infinite's Sungyeol to be more exact. He was leaning against the wall in a relaxed manner; Woohyun was to his left using his phone for obvious social media purposes, and Myungsoo to his right engaging him in what seemed to be a very interesting topic. After Cloudy Mana's debut, you never really got the chance to greet him as you would have liked. Finally, the opportune moment unveiled itself as the New Year's Eve Gayo Daejun took place, which gathered all of the hot idols. "... Hell, why not." You convinced yourself mentally before making a move. A few hesistant steps landed you a couple of feet in front of the tall lean boy. Myungsoo quickly stoped his conversation with the slightly older boy and looked in your direction with a sly smirk. Sungyeol's eyes widen at Myungsoo's sudden halt in the conversation. Once he saw his gaze focus elsewhere, he matched the target and saw you standing in front of them. You eyed the members and swallow your building saliva quite nervously, though manage to work up somewhat of a decent smile before greeting them officially.


"Hello, I'm Michelle from Cloudy Mana. Please take care of us," You bow a solid 90 degrees, allowing your body to turn into a perfect right angle. The two took notice of this greeting and quickly bowed in return. Woohyun looked up from his phone, noticing you a bit later than the other and returned the greeting as well.


"Oh, hello," Woohyun spoke up, not missing the chance to converse with a female idol. You glanced over at Woohyun and bowed in his direction as well.
"Nice to meet you," Myungsoo added in. He took Woohyun's arm and quickly yanked him over to his side. "Woohyunie hyung, I forgot there was something I needed to show you."


"What? Why now?" Woohyun argued as he was forcefully dragged out of the scene. He realized he would not be able to pull his arm out of Myungsoo's grip, therefore he sent his last greetings to you before disappearing into the crowd. You watched the two leave before moving your gaze back onto Sungyeol. He smiled down at you as he scratched at a non-existant itch behind his ear. Noticing this, you decided to leave so he wouldn't have to feel awkward with you standing in front of him. Once again you bowed to your sunbae and turned away, quickly scanning the crowd for one of your members to join.


"Ahh, wait!" Sungyeol voiced while picking up his body from the wall. You turned around instantly at the sudden call. Without saying anything, you simply point to yourself as though to confirm he was talking to you. Sungyeol smiled shyly at your response and nodded. "Yeah. I actually wanted to..." Sungyeol paused and laughed at himself in embarassment before he continued his sentence, "I wanted to talk to you. You... kind of gave me less work since you approached me first."

"Ahh, I see." You chuckled while taking a quick glance at your shoes to hide your obvious rush of happiness.
Sungyeol saw this and suddenly became worried. "Is it funny?... Oh, oh man." He began to panic slightly thinking about many different possibilities of the current situation. "Unless, you came over to talk to Woohyun or L, then I'm really so--"

"No, no," You instantly intterupt his current thoughts, rejecting the idea he came up with.  "No, I--I definitely came over to speak to you. Nothing against your other members though."

"Oh thank god," Sungyeol relaxed the tension that formed in his body, "I thought I was making myself seem really stupid."

"Aww," You pitied the other for thinking something so harsh towards themself. "You're anything but stupid, sunbae-nim."

"Ha, well I'm glad someone thinks so." Sungyeol shoved his hands into his pants pockets and smirked happily.
You didn't know how you were still standing--maybe sorcery? Sungyeol was glad about something you said. Sure it may seem a bit far-fetched but hey, you'd take whatever you could get.

"But sunbae," You spoke up, "Before, you said you wanted to talk to me. About what exactly?"

"Ahh! That.." Sungyeol took one of his hands from his pocket and moved it to the back of his neck nervously. "I... guess you can say that... I find you interesting?"
Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You find me interesting?" You repeated as though to confirm the other's words.

"Yeah," Sungyeol nodded along with his answer. He seemed to hesitate before continuing on. "You're pretty, and funny. There's just something about you that I really like."
At this point you were sure that you were dreaming. You were so unconvinced that you retreated your hands to your back just to pinch your arm in case you were.
Sungyeol noticed your nervous energy and immediately regret his decision. "Am I making you feel awkward? If you do I'm really sorry. I'm not the most experienced when it comes to... confessing, I guess."

"That's not it at all," You quickly interject. A smile worked up on your face in result of the pain you felt from the pinch. This was real life, and Sungyeol was confessing to you. You looked back up at the other and smiled with tightened lips. "I'm actually really flattered. It's shocking actually."

"Shocking?" Sungyeol tilted his head, curious of your choice of words. "Why so?"
You chuckle before fessing up. "I actually find you interesting as well."

"Really?" Sungyeol's voice echoed more than he would have liked, gaining the attention of a few surrounding idols. "That makes me feel so relieved... Why didn't you say so sooner?"

"I just debuted a few months ago! How much sooner can I be?" You argued non-aggressively.

"Ahh, you're right." He shrugged. "Well, I'm glad you did. I would have been missing out on a lot if you hadn't." His innocent flirting earned him a smile from you. Your smile grew even bigger when you noticed his signature gummy smile make it's way to the surface in response to yours.

"Hey Lovebirds!" Myungsoo shouted from the back of the crowd in front of the TV. His shout gained the attention of you both.  "We've got 30 seconds left of 2014."

"Lovebirds? Y-yah, Kim Myungsoo!" Sungyeol shouted at the other who simply responded with a few kissy faces before turning his attention back to the television. Sungyeol scoffed at the other's reaction and formed a fist in the direction of the troll.

"I swear--" Sungyeol cut himself off and dropped the fist he had bawled up, not wanting to seem violent in front of his person of interest. You laughed at the duo's interaction, completely entertained.

"Don't worry." you turned to face Sungyeol once again. "There's a member in my group who's just like that. I understand you completely." Michelle fired shots at her missing member, who was probably getting involved with Jimin in the main room. "Come on, let's watch the count down," You took Sungyeol's arm in yours and pulled him along to the front with you. He blushed at the close contact, not even bothering to retain his forming smile. You both stood behind the crowd and looked at the screen with anticipation. Your arm was still linked with Sungyeol's, and his smile was still very apparent. It was eating at you inside, though. Your linked arms made you explode every time you remembered who it was with.


"5, 4," The countdown began, and the tension of the new year was reaching everyone in the room. "3, 2," You suddenly felt Sungyeol get shifty besides you and decided to unlink your arm with his in case he began to feel awkward.  "1--HAPPY NEW YEAR" The room went wild with random shouts and laughter. Hugs were being given, as well as a few kisses here and there from secret couples. Before you could turn your head to greet the boy besides you, you felt something warm and soft hit your cheek. It was quick, however you could still feel the warmth of his kiss against your face.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself." Sungyeol defended himself without even being accused of anything. "Happy New Year?"
You stared at the other with widened eyes though your shock expression quickly turned into a satisfied smile. "Happy New Year, sunbae-nim."

"Hmm, call me oppa from now on, okay?" Sungyeol suggested before patting your head lovingly.  "That's just in hopes that we become a lot closer this year, agreed?" Without further analyzing his statement, you nod your head in agreement and smile up at him.

"Okay. Agreed."