Chapter 1 (call it whatever you want, rushpynatchocolate)

Another Cinderella Story

Yoona gazed at the beautiful morning sky as the clouds looked like they danced in a soothing, rhythmic pattern. She was looking at the sky from a balcony found in the tallest tower of the Im’s family mansion.  The cold breezes made the 7 year old girl’s long, black hair sway gracefully in the wind, and a couple of Goosebumps on her arms.

Suddenly, Yoona heard footsteps nearby and she swore that they were getting louder every second. Yoona spun around and met with the familiar sight of her two parents on the balcony, holding a cake with 7 candles lit on it.

“Happy 7thbirthday our dear Yoona!” Yoona’s parents both said cheerily in unison with happy smiles plastered on their faces. Yoona’s face lit up in joy as she quickly ran towards her parents and gave them a big, warm hug.

“Thank you mommy and daddy!!!” Yoona cried happily while hugging them tighter. Her parents patted her on the head reassuringly as the family hugged together. Yoona was really happy because her family owned a successful business company therefore making it harder for the Im family to spend quality time together. Her parents were often in meetings or business trips but she was glad that her parents could celebrate her 7thbirthday.  

Although, that happiness didn’t last as long as Yoona thought it would. An awfully dreadful moment was coming.

“You’re welcome, dear. Come inside. We wouldn’t want you being sick on this windy day.” Yoona’s mother said as the family parted from their hug. Yoona nodded her head in agreement and then held onto her mother’s hand as the family walked inside the beautiful mansion.

16 year old, Im Yoona woke up from her glorious dream. She still felt quite tired so she yawned and stretched her arms a couple of times to wake her up. Oh how she wished that dream never ended. Her freedom. Her happiness.

“My parents.” Yoona whispered to herself while trying to fight the hot tears that were forcing to stream down her cheeks. She looked at the framed photograph standing on her bedside table. It was a picture of Yoona’s family nine years ago when her 7thbirthday was celebrated. But right after the happiest day of Yoona’s life, the next day flipped everything upside down. Her mother suddenly felt very ill. Yoona didn’t know why. She figured that she was probably too young to know. A couple of days later, her mother’s heart stopped beating. Her mother was then officially dead.     

“Yoona!!!!” A cranky voice called Yoona from downstairs. That voice belonged to Yoona’s step mother, Jung Bong Cha. 8 years ago, a year after her mother’s death, her father remarried with another lady which turned out to be Bong Cha. Bong Cha had two daughters and one son, so the rest of Bong Cha’s family became Yoona’s step sisters and step brother. In Yoona’s opinion, Bong Cha and her family weren’t as nice as they seemed to be. When Yoona was 12, her father passed away the same way her mother did. And after he died, the Im family property was stolen by Jung Bong Cha.

Until that day, Yoona no longer owned her big, beautiful room, so Bong Cha forced Yoona to sleep in the attic and become a maid at her own mansion. Yoona wiped the tears from her cheeks and stood up from her bed. The attic’s ceiling was low so Yoona usually needed to bend down or crawl to make her way around there.  Yoona crawled out of her room and stood up again to walk down the spiral staircase leading towards the Im’s mansion’s grand hall.

As Yoona entered the grand hall, she spotted her step mother sitting on a golden armchair from across the room with her arms crossed in frustration. Yoona knew her step mother was angry so she bowed as low as she could.

“Yes, Bong Cha?” Yoona asked quietly as her eyes were glued to the cold, marble floor so she wouldn’t need to face her terrifying step mother.

“Your sisters are turning 16 this year so I want the mansion to be spotless.” Bong Cha demanded as she threw a broomstick at Yoona. Luckily, Yoona caught it and decided to face Bong Cha.

“Didn’t Min Young and Shin Hye turn 16 last year?” asked Yoona. At this, Bong Cha’s face was fuming at Yoona’s question. Yoona felt like she shouldn’t have asked that, so she quickly bowed in respect towards her step mother.

“The girls will keep turning 16 until I tell them to stop. And don’t talk back. Just begin with cleaning my bedroom.” Bong Cha explained. Yoona sighed and headed back up the stairs.

Yoona entered Bong Cha’s gigantic room and her jaw immediately dropped in shock at what she saw. Her step mother’s room was a complete mess with clothes, picture frames, wigs, and other valuables scattered all over the place.

“This can’t possibly be…” Yoona said to herself with her eyes still burning at how messy the room looked.   

Yoona took a deep breath and began sweeping the room with her broom. Yoona picked up all Bong Cha’s things and placed them in the correct drawer so the room will be neat and tidy. As Yoona was cleaning the pig-sty like room, she noticed that Bong Cha’s television was still on.

Yoona’s finger was about to press the ‘off’ button on the television, but then she saw a handsome face appear on the screen so she decided to leave it on. The handsome face turned out to be the rich son of the owner of the biggest company in South Korea. Kim Jaejoong. The guy looked around 17 years of age and had shiny, black hair to compliment his snowy, pale skin. He looked like he was in an interview on that show.

“Wow…” Yoona said in admiration to the good-looking rich boy on the television. Yoona’s sisters liked Jaejoong very much and often had posters of him in their rooms, so Yoona took a couple of glances at him once in a while when she cleaned her sisters’ rooms. Yoona wondered what it would be like meeting him. Who wouldn’t want to meet him? Yoona thought. Yoona then shook that thought out of her head and snapped back to reality. Silly me. It can never be possible anyway. Yoona thought as she looked away from the television screen and continued cleaning her step mother’s room.

Hi peeps!!!! I hope you like this chappie!!! Anyway go on to the next chapter>>>>>>>>>>>