My Home, My Hero, My Boyfriend

Series : My Boyfriend

A/N : UPDATED!! Finally, I actually have a lot of fics on hold for this particular series I have like 4 of them in my drafts but I haven't actually gotten into writing any of them and I had this idea of coming back with something different and unusual so I have a ThanhXing/ ThanhLay for all of you. You can treat it as an OC or whatever you want but I want this to be my comeback fic because it's special to me. It is a little lentghty (2000+ words. I got carried away lol). Enjoy!  Bunny, I do hope you like what my mind has produced for you XOXO


Part One

It was a sunny day in Hongdae when Thanh decided to shop and walk around. She just arrived in Korea two days ago for a 5 year long vacation...maybe. She was prepping up for her Masters and hopefully she can extend if she can land herself a job after she gets her MBA. Her Korean speaking skills would probably save her life but she wouldn’t count on it, her Mandarin, maybe about 30% sure but Viet can totally save her life and also English, but it's too soon to say. She was looking through a rack of adorable blouses when suddenly a person with a hoodie, put his arm around her shoulder and whispered "Sorry but please pretend to be my girlfriend for a while" his voice was low and rough. Thanh peeked under the hood and she saw that he looked like the kind of person who would not kidnap and kill someone so she said "Sure". They were like that for a few seconds before a woman stopped beside them and went “Where the hell is that bastard?” before going away.  
~~~~~~~~~
He removed his arm after the woman disappeared from their sight “Xièxiè” he said and when he realized he spoke in Mandarin, “Sorry uhm… Thank you”
“Bú yòng xiè… You're welcome” I replied, smiling, I have to take the chance, where am I going to find another Mandarin speaking person here in Korea? He then started to speak in straight Mandarin, so fast that I didn't get anything out of what he just said, I'm not that good “I'm sorry… I wasn't able to catch any of that” I said
“Sorry” he laughed 
“I was asking what are you doing here and where in China are you from?”
“Oh… Not from China” I said. “Okay. Yeah. Thanks again for your help” he said and ran away, just like that. I mean, he's real cute but he was a little rude. He just used me for something and then he just runs away. Seriously.
~~~~~~~~~ 
The next day, she decided to go and try out the night life. One of her friends suggested that she go and try clubbing. She rejected the idea at first and finally figured that she can just go in, see if there are any famous people and then leave if there is none, “Okay. Let's do this!!” she said to herself as she walks in and gets overwhelmed by the number of people inside. She squeezed her way to the bar to order a Shirley Temple, looked for some famous people for a few minutes and then left. She didn't see anyone she fancies but she did see Kwanghee. The light from the outside shocked her and she walked away from it, she ended up in an alley not familiar to her. “Oh shoot. I think I’m lost.” she whispered to herself. 
She took out her phone, turned the GPS on and looked for a way back to her hotel. 
A few minutes later, she notices the men behind her. They were walking at least a few feet from her and were talking amongst themselves, she began to get a little suspicious. She walked a little faster than before but they matched her pace, she took a left and so did they, her heartbeat was getting faster when someone put an arm around her shoulder. She froze for a second, “Relax, it's just me. Put your arm around my waist and just play along” he whispered, the familiar voice making her relax for a little bit 
“Here you are" he said “Did my baby get a little lost?” he added
“BABY?!” she thought “Nae” she said in the cutest way possible
“Oppa is here now. Come on let's head back”
“Okay oppa” she said. The man walked her to the subway station, made sure that the men before were not in sight before he let go of her shoulder “You okay?” 
“Yes. Oh my goodness, thank you so much…”
“Lay” he said, offering a hand shake
“Thank you so much, Lay...” she said shaking his hand “Thanh”
“It's no problem. I saw you enter the alley and when those men followed you, I took the other way and luckily I bumped into you. Are you sure you're okay?”
“Yes, thanks to you. Please let me treat you to a meal or a drink or something.”
“Sure but some other time, maybe? You look like you need to rest. Let me take you home, it's not safe for you here. Where are you staying?” he said. She told her the hotel she was staying at; he went with her in the cab and to the hotel till she was in the lobby. “I'll see you when I see you.” he said
“Wait. How am I supposed to treat you for a meal?” she asked, he went to the front desk and returned with a piece of paper on hand
“Here” he said, handing the paper to her 
“Thank you again. Take care on your way home” Thanh said and Lay went on home, Thanh rode the elevator to her room. She looked at the paper and saw that a phone number was written on it; she immediately saved it under the name 'Ron WeasLAY' and then whispered "and I'm THANHmione Granger" with her best British accent. 
~~~~~~~~
Thanh went on about her business afterwards, she moved out of the hotel and settled in the school dorm after getting enrolled. She also looked for some part time jobs she wanted to apply that doesn't require her speaking Korean 24/7 or maybe 8 hours a day. She found out about a teaching job in her school, asking her to teach English to some of the Korean students in school, something like a tutor. 
As she was going through her phone, she saw the name 'Ron WeasLAY' and she blinked, trying to remember who it was and why... “OH SHOOT!! I FORGOT TO TREAT HIM!!” she said, in the restroom. She completely forgot about the guy that saved her. She sent a message saying, “Hi, Lay? This is Thanh. Sorry about not getting back to you. I've been a little busy. I still owe you that meal... you still up?”
She got a reply in a few minutes “I was wondering what happened to you. Sure. I'll meet you at the hotel lobby?” she decoded to call him
“Hello?” he said, his voice husky and low
“Hi. Lay? It's Thanh” 
“Yeah. I know. Caller ID. You called?” 
“Yup. I uhm I'm not staying at the hotel anymore. Could we meet up somewhere else?” she asked
“Sure. Where do you want to meet?” he asked, his voice changed
“I know this kalbi place near my dorm, I'll text you the address, is that okay?”
“Yeah. See you” he said
“Okay. Bye” she replied and hung up. She texted him the address and they meet up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part Two

After that, it was followed by another one, and another one and then another one till they meet up every other weekend. They became good friends and as they meet up, she found out that the woman was an ex of his; “I told her that we were done but she doesn't want to end it so I ran” he once said. He works as a dance teacher and he is a member of two dance troupes. Thanh also shared a few things about herself; how she loves taking pictures, drawing, playing the flute and dancing.
“You should come by the dance studio sometime. I'm working on a routine and my supposed-to-be-partner bailed on me last week” he said on one of their meet ups
~~~~~~3 Months Later~~~~~~~
“Stop it. That's not funny” she said, her arms crossed, walking away from the almost kiss
“Okay. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that” he said, his feet nailed to the floor
“I agreed to do this because you were my friend, Lay. That was it, nothing more, and nothing less” Thanh said, occupying one corner of the studio
“I know, bunny. I know.”
“And there's that again. Will you please stop calling me bunny, have a little respect for Kaycee, Lay”
“Bunny… Thanh I know we agreed to not do this again and just remain friends but can you really blame me?” Lay asked.
~~~~~~~~
Thanh and Lay were practicing for their routine when Thanh slipped, resulting her to throw her balance off. She was almost to the floor when Lay's fast reflexes caught her before her back became in contact with the floor. Their faces were an inch apart when he asked “You okay?”
“Good” she replied, looking into his eyes “You can let put me back up now” she said
“One minute” he said and then he just went for it, leaning in and giving her a kiss. Her eyes opened up but her eyelids surrendered in the moment. He slowly lifted her up, her free hand cupping her cheek, her hands wrapped around his neck as she gained back her balance.

Catching their breaths, they looked at each other, the absence of words overwhelmed them so they just smiled. Their non-labelled relationship went on for about a week… till Kaycee, the dance partner that bailed that decided to show up, returned. She resumed her role and told Lay that they can't change because of a rule in the competition. Thanh taught her everything and she conquered both the dance and the dancing partner, she declared their relationship 2 weeks after returning.
~~~~~~~~~~~
“Yes because I thought we had something after that uhm… what was that? OH… that kiss.” Thanh said
“I didn't want to lose you”
“You think I want to lose you? Oh please, Lay. Don't give me that excuse. We both know that there was something going on and you know well enough that I like you.” Thanh said, Lay looked surprised “Oh god, do I need a big arse sign on my forehead?” she added. “You know what. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna let you get your straight and don't expect me to comeback anytime soon” she finally said, got her bags and walked out of the studio, leaving Lay with his thoughts.

Lay remembered that kiss with Thanh and his hand went to his lips, he knew what was happening, he knew what was going on but he was afraid of what might happen; he was afraid of losing a good friend, a reliable person and the one he loves. He knew the consequences of his actions, getting hurt being one of them but what hurts him more is seeing that light of his life, dimming before his very eyes.

Kaycee was in the studio, he didn't even notice her enter “Hey” he said, his voice quiet
“You okay?” she asked
“Yeah. Thanh and I had a fight and she just walked out on me so we weren't able to finish the routine”
“Oh… That's fine. I still have to perfect the last one.” Kaycee said and Lay just nodded. “Can I ask you something? Being as a friend and your dance partner?”
“What is it?”
“Why did you not push through with Thanh? You know, I can see it in your eyes when you look at her.”
“Kaycee…”
“Seriously? I agreed to your plan announcing that we were in a relationship you could at least give me something. Come on… you can tell me…” Kaycee said, sitting down beside him as he tells her everything.
“Lay, you just have to take the risk. Being in a relationship is not easy, yes but think about what will happen if you're just sitting here, watching another person woo her and sweep her off her feet, won't that hurt even more?” she said
“You know, she's probably in the same situation as you. Change is inevitable… I don't even remember who said that, I heard about it in a move or something… you just gotta learn to live with it and embrace it. If what happens, happens then be thankful that she became a part of your life. That's it” Kaycee added. She stood up, gave Lay a pat on the shoulder and said “Go. She needs you and you need her.”

He found Thanh outside her dorm, she was struggling with the keypad and he just ran to her “Bunny”
“No. I told you I'm gonna let you get your straight.”
“Can we please talk?” Lay asked
“Hey! You're not allowed up here! No boys in the dorm proper. Go back to the lobby!!” the guard said
“Sorry. Five minutes, I just need to tell something to my friend here” he said
“Bunny, please we need to talk. I'll wait for you in the studio” he said to Thanh and left.

It was 7: 16, the studio closes in 2 hours, still no Thanh. He was about to go and call it over when the door opened. “What was it you want to talk about?” she asked
“You. Me. Us.” He said, taking a step with each word
“But there is no us, there is a, you and Kaycee but no US”
“There was never a Kaycee and me, it wasn’t real. I only did that because I want this… to stop” putting his hand on his chest
“Stop what?”
“Saying your name, because it was getting scary. ME losing you, you not liking the rest of me, the possibility of us, not working out…” Thanh was speechless and didn’t fully understand what he just said. “I like you, Bunny. I knew there was something, I’d be lying to myself if I said I didn’t know because I did.” Lay said, wrapping his hands around her waist and looking her in the eyes “I’m sorry I’m such a jerk” he said, planting a kiss on her forehead
“You’re still my hero” she said, melting into the warmth of his embrace that she calls her home away from home.

FIN