My Best Friend, My Boyfriend 2

Series : My Boyfriend

It all started on a Wednesday night, Boa and him were supposed to meet for their weekly Saturday brunch, he sent Boa a message that he’ll be waiting at their usual place and won’t be able to pick her up because he’ll have some errands to run. Brunch time came and Yunho arrived at their usual place, he was wearing his favourite scarf that Boa gave to him. He waited for a few minutes, then it turned into an hour. It wasn’t like Boa to ditch him without even telling so he took his phone and dialled her number. An unusual voice answered and said “Hello?”
“Hello? Who is this?”
“Are you the guardian of this woman?”
“No, I’m her best friend. Is anything wrong?”
“I’m really sorry to tell you this but she was involved in an accident and she’s bruised up pretty bad. We’re taking her to N Hospital right now.”
“Is she okay?”
“She’s unconscious right now, Sir” the guy said, then he paused and added “I’m really sorry but I have to get her to an operating room. Will you be able to inform her guardians?”
“Yes… Yeah… Sure” he said, then the line was cut off. Yunho was in a state of shock, he immediately informed Boa’s parents and he ran to the hospital; he really did run and when he arrived, he was panting and was figuring out which way to go. He finally found the information desk and asked for a Kwon Boa, they told him that she’s in Operating Room 3 and that there’s a waiting are there.

After waiting for hours, they finally take Boa out of the operating room and the doctor walked to Yunho and Boa’s parents saying “She’s going to be okay, however a part of her brain has been damaged so some of her memories are lost. We don’t have an idea yet how severe it is but once she wakes up, we might be able to determine.”
“Thank You, Doctor” Boa’s mom and dad said. They both went into the room and so did Yunho. Boa didn’t wake up for days and when she did the first word that came out of was “Mom”. Yunho stood up the second he heard her speak “Boa! Are you okay?” he said and went to her side
“My head hurts” she said and looked around “Where am I?” she then asked
“You’re in the hospital” her mom said
“What happened to me?” Boa asked
“You were in an accident…” Yunho said
“Are you my doctor?” she asked Yunho
“Me?” Yunho asked
“Yes, are you?” she said again
“Boa… it’s me… Yunho” he said
“Oh I’m sorry, I thought you were my doctor” she said to him then Boa faced her mom “Do I know him?” she asked. Yunho was crushed, he almost lost Boa and now she doesn’t remember him “at least she’s alive” he thought. Yunho headed back home with a hole in his heart and an ache in his head, he doesn’t know what to do or how to even begin with Boa. He thought of everything; Compiling their photographs, Visiting their favourite places and even show her all the embarrassing videos of them at dance practice but he didn’t come up with anything.

Next day, he showed up with flowers and her favourite cake. Boa was alone in her room and he was just in time as she was finishing her lunch. “Hi” he said
“Hello… uhm… I’m sorry I forgot your name” she replied shyly
“It’s Yunho” he said
“Yes, Yunho… Uhm… What brings you here?”
“Just visiting… I know you don’t remember me but I’m still you’re friend” he said
“Okay… Enlighten me” Boa challenged and then Yunho let all the stories flow, he told her all about their lunch dates, the trips, all the jokes and the adventures that they’ve gone together. Boa was open to the idea and she just nodded at what Yunho said. She then asked the most ridiculous question “We’re just friends?”
“Yeah… why?” Yunho asked back
“After all that? Are you sure we’re not in a relationship? You’re not my boyfriend are you, you might be making all this up to break up with me…” she said
“I wish I was but I’m not.” Yunho said with a sigh.
“Really?” Boa asked
“Yeah…” Yunho said, trying to flash a smile. Yunho came back to the hospital the next day and the day after that and he managed to convince Boa that he actually is her best friend and that he’s not trying to break up with her.

It took Boa a few weeks to adjust to her new life, bits of memories come back to her but her brain hasn’t fully recovered everything yet so she’s still cautious around people. Yunho was a gentleman, he took her to places that would help her remember and behind them are stories that he’d tell her to help her remember better. He’d send her pictures when he’s not available, he’d leaves notes and memos of memories that they shared and lastly, he’d leave food, and let her see some pieces of clothing that she had given to him that had stories and adventures.
“Wow” Boa said, when he showed her a shirt that he had gotten from her. “What’s that?” Boa then asked when she noticed something that was in the corner. It was rolled into a ball, almost invisible from all the clutter surrounding it.
“That’s nothing” he said, trying to avoid the question
“No, it looks real familiar” Boa said, standing up and walking to it. She then got a hold of it and it unrolled itself revealing to be a scarf. “Did I give this to you?” she asked but Yunho was silent. He nibbled on his lower lip before saying “Yeah… you did”
“You didn’t like it?” she asked
“I did… It was my favourite, actually” he said letting out a breath
“So why aren’t you wearing it anymore?”
“I don’t want to talk about it, Boa” he said
“How about the story of this, then? I think I gave it to you before we entered college” Boa said, trying to remember
“Yeah, It was the day before I head to college and leave you here. You gave me that and told me to wear it when I feel cold. You said that It’ll be like uhm…”
“… a hug. Like me hugging you.” Boa continued and then asked “Why aren’t you wearing it, then? Don’t you like my hugs?”
“No, it’s not like that. It’s just that I was wearing that when you got into that thing and why you lost your memory.” he said
“Is that it?” she asked and Yunho nodded. Boa walked to him and took his hand, he looked up to her and he stood up. She then gave him a hug and he hugged her back “So you won’t remember the bad memory, I’ll make up for the hugs that I wasn’t able to give you” she said, smiling. Boa then released him and took his face between her hands and said “Now smile,  you look better when you do” and he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s the day Yunho has been waiting for, the Saturday brunch dates finally came back. Yunho was wearing a scarf but it’s different from the one he had. This one had a different print, it has that new look feel and it fits him better. He was playing with his phone when someone tapped on his shoulder, he stood up and planted a kiss on her cheek “What should we get?” he asked
 she smiled and said “The usual?”
“Nah” Yunho said, he raised his arm and called for a waiter
“Hey you two!” the waiter said “What’ll you have today?”
“Is there anything new?” Yunho asked
“Yep. Would you like that?”
“Yeah,  I’ll have that one for my date over here and I’ll have my usual” Yunho said. The waiter repeated their order and he left. After a few minutes, the waiter came back with a cake, a cup of coffee and a waffle. He gave the waffle and coffee to Yunho and the cake to his date and left. The cake has something on top of it, a mini globe that has something inside. “Happy Anniversary” he said, smiling and planting a kiss on her cheeks, she smiled and ree on his cheek as well.
“Yunho-ah,  you shouldn’t have” she said, opening the globe shaped case. There was a ring, it was more of a band. It didn’t have any stones, it just a band but it had something etched in it. Yunho then gave her flowers, she accepted them and said “What are these called?”
“Forget - me - not’s” he said, grinning
“Figures, Thanks Sweetie” she said
“Did you read what it said?” he asked
“Yeah. The heart never forgets” she said and then added “Thank you”
“You’re welcome Boa.” He said. Boa never really recovered her memory bits and pieces still are missing but most of them she consider to be useless since she can make new memories that she’ll treasure forever, realizing how Yunho meant to her more than anything else and how he meant to her; A memory she wouldn’t want to forget.