Her Best Friend, My Boyfriend

Series : My Boyfriend

(Angel/Hae/Yoona)

It’s been a whirlwind week for Donghae. His girlfriend, Yoona is angry at him because he always talks to and about his best friend, Angel.
"Can we please talk about something else?"
"Why? Is there something wrong?"
"No, it’s just that we’ve been talking about your weekend with Angel for an hour now"
"I’m so sorry, sweetheart... uhm... We can talk about your weekend...” he offered.

Yoona talked about what she did over the weekend, Hae just nodded if she asked. He’s just listening to whatever Yoona is saying and just agreeing with her all the same. His phone rang all of a sudden and it was Angel. He answered it and Yoona glared at him.
"Oh? Wae?"
"Mulgogi!! Where are you? Everyone is already here!"
"For what?"
"It’s my mom’s surprise birthday party, remember?"
"Is that today?"
"Don’t tell me you forgot"
"I’m sorry... I promise I’ll catch up"
"Whatever" Angel said and hung up
"Aish!" Donghae cursed, slamming his phone on his lap
"Is anything wrong?" Yoona asked. Donghae looked at her and smiled, "Uhm... I guess"
"Who was that?"
"Angel... I was supposed to be at their house today. I forgot and she just hangs up"
"What is it that she’s so angry?" Yoona said, crossing her arms and crunching her nose
"It’s her mom’s surprise birthday party. I promised her that I’ll be there"
"Did you tell her you forgot?" Yoona asked
"Well she knew and hung up on me" Donghae said, shaking his head. Yoona then looked at her watch, sighed and said "I have somewhere to be so maybe you can go"
"Really? Thanks Baby!" He said, planting a kiss on Yoona’s forehead and running out of the restaurant where they were. Donghae ran to the nearest shop to buy a gift for Angel’s mom and then head on to their house. Yoona stayed and drank the rest of her drink; she didn't even want to start with Donghae. When she met him and he told her about Angel, she knew that there was something more to their relationship than just being friends.

Yoona knew that they loved each other so much, she also knew that Donghae loves her and she does too but there's just this thing about Angel that she can't beat and she understood that. Still, she wants to try and make things work but if fate is against her and Donghae and Angel was the reason, she'll just have to let him go. Yoona left the place and went to the nearest coffee shop, she was sitting on the farthest seat when a man asked if he could sit with her "I'm sorry to bother you but may I? I'm a photographer and I just can't ignore... Uhm... will it be okay for you to be my model? I'm sorry it's just...” he stuttered. Yoona just smiled and said "It's okay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghae rang the doorbell and Angel was by the door "Look who decided to show up"
"I’m sorry, pumpkin... I forgot"
"Come in and hide by the couch. Moms gonna be here any minute" she said. Donghae did what he was told and hid by the couch. A few minutes later, someone opened the door and turned the lights on, they all yelled "Surprise" and Angel’s mom was speechless. "Happy Birthday Mom" Angel said as she hugged her mom, Donghae did the same thing "Happy Birthday" he also said and the party started. It went on for a few hours and till the only people left were Angel and Donghae. They shared the last can of beer and talked "Where were you today?" She asked
"Ah. Me and Yoona were on a date, she told me she has to go somewhere so I went straight here"
"I’m surprised she’s still there" she said jokingly
"Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?"
"Oh you know, you ditching most of the time. Leaving her to her demise while you run to your troubled best friend" she said
"Well, you’re more than that and you know that! You’re practically family"
"Still, she should be first!" Angel said, sipping from the can
"She’s being weird lately. She tells me that I keep on talking about you"
"You... talk about me? That sounds surprising"
"I was just telling her what we did last weekend and she told me that I talk about you too much"
"Really?"
"Yeah... weird, right?" Donghae asked and finished the leftover beer in the can.

He went on with his week, he had dinner with Yoona thrice but something happened to the supposedly third one. He was on his way to the said meeting place when his phone rang. He picked it up and there was crying and screaming and he can’t understand what was going on "Hello?"
"Donghae ah!! It’s Angel!!"
"Mrs Lee? Is everything okay? Calm down and tell me what happened"
"I was talking to her on the phone and then I heard a loud bang.. And then she suddenly was cut off"
"What? Did you call 119?"
"Yeah. They’re on the way to Angel’s house. I’m on my way there now. I’ll call you when I get there"
"Yes please. Take care on the way" he said and hung up. He then called Yoona but she won’t pick up, he called her again but he got the same result. He ended up sending her a text message instead and then calling Angel’s mom. She told him where Angel is being confined and he took a cab to rush to his best friend. He found Angel’s mom at the waiting are and asked her what happened "Her neighbours were remodelling and one of their workers got out of balance and dropped a crate full of tiles and she was standing where they dropped it..." Angel’s mom started "She has a tile stuck on her head and a few on her shoulders, they’re operating on her now" she then continued. She broke down a few seconds later and Donghae tried his best to calm her down.

The doctors stepped out a few hours later, telling them that Angel is safe and she’s lucky that the tile didn’t puncture into her brain and that she’ll wake up in a few hours after the drugs wear off. Donghae let Angel’s mom go home. He insisted on watching Angel for the night for Mrs Lee to get some rest. He also checked his phone and he got 50 messages and 11 missed calls from Yoona. He decided to call her back.
"Hae! What happened to you? I’ve been calling you for the past hours. You didn’t even tell me you weren’t going to show up for dinner"
"I’m sorry. I had to go somewhere. Angel had an emergency so I had to..." he started
"Angel... Again with her. Why is it that every time she’s involved, I always get left behind" Yoona said, trying to sound angry.
"Yoo...”
"Just don’t... I know you like her. I know you do. I’m not blind and stupid to not know that you love her. So for the sake of you and me... let’s just finish this. I’m so tired of competing with someone I know I’m going to lose to... Goodbye Hae" she said and hung up. Yoona smiled and exhaled for she knew that it was really over. She didn’t even feel al little sad about breaking up with him because she knows that there's a man for her somewhere. She then took a cab and went straight home.
"Hello? Yoona? Did she just break up with me?" Donghae said, confused. "Did she just tell me I love Angel?" he asked. He then walked back to the room and took a good look at Angel.

~ To Be Continued ~