Chapter 6

The Pianist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got out of the bathtub, the cold water dripped down my body and a warm breeze swept in the bathroom making my whole body shiver. Clara dabbed the white cloth over my body and hair, I slipped on the chemise that loosely hung from shoulders and steadily I walked back to the bed. The fever had loosened its grip on me; I was eating more, sleeping better and I was able to walk around the house for brief periods.

 

It had been three days since Baekhyun had come over, Chanyeol had not even bothered to stop by and every passing day I was growing anxious for his arrival. 

I laid in bed watching the ceiling, feeling my chest rise and fall every time I inhaled and exhaled, it would have been a perfect day if Chanyeol were with me playing on the piano.

 

I had never heard of such sweet music, if I were the Queen I would make perform every night for me, I closed my eyes trying to remember the notes; however, I knew that trying to imagine the music would be impossible. Clara knocked on the door, she opened the door when I replied and slightly she bowed and looked at her hands while she talked. 


 


“Mr. Park has arrived Miss. Jung.” 



“Let him in.” I replied, my voice no longer sounded ugly and my throat no longer hurt, only a few times did I cough. Clara bowed her head and scurried downstairs, I heard voices, and anticipation grew as I heard the footsteps climb up the steps and nervously I tidied my hair. 



 

Chanyeol came into the room without Clara, his hand scratched at his neck as he lightly stepped towards my bed, a small smile appeared on his face making him radiate and becoming more beautiful. Silently he sat on my bed next to me, I sat up putting the pillow against the headboard and he chuckled and looked down at his hands. 


 


“Are you feeling any better?” His voice was smooth and I felt my whole body relax in response.

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter