Chapter 2

The Pianist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone hushed as the servants went about blowing out the candles around us and leaving the oil lamps that lay on the floor in front of the pianist, giving a soft orange glow. The man was beautiful, his black coat fitted his perfect muscles and his silver waistcoat covered his white shirt. He did not wear a wig; instead, a white ribbon tied back his black hair, his cream colored skin looked flawless, his lips were full and his light brown eyes gazed nervously at the audience. Taking a deep breath, the man flexed his arms and fingers. Softly he pressed a key on the piano and a soft low hum filled the room, then ever so lightly, he proceeded to move his fingers along the keys. A low haunting sound filled the room as the man proceeded to move his fingers intricately along the piano, the low hum steadily grew louder, more pronounced as the music went along. 



 

I felt my spine shiver as the man looked around at the audience while he played, slowly his light brown eyes locked on to mine, a small yet beautiful smile appeared on his perfect lips and my breathing hitched for only second before he looked down at the piano again. 

 

Slowly the music began to soften and fade; I felt my heart pound against my chest as the fear of the music ending became closer. Tears brimmed around my eyes as the music ended softly. The room was quiet again, no one spoke, no one even coughed, and instead everyone looked at the man who just performed to us music that must have come from the heavens.

 



Suddenly I heard clapping; everyone turned their heads to see Baekhyun’s father, Dongil, clapping enthusiastically, he stood up then, a single person clapping among a room of silence. I watched as Baekhyun and Taeyeon stood up and started to clap, everyone in the room followed suit and soon enough the room was filled with shouts of encores and “Bravo’s.” I could not stand up to join the ovation, my legs felt weak and the tears that brimmed around my eyes were now running down my cheeks. A standing ovation would not suffice, the man deserved more. 

 



The servants came back in the room, each of them holding a ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter