Chapter 3

The Pianist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His face was blank, but shock and anger was evident in his eyes, I couldn’t move, I no longer felt the desire that burned inside of me, instead I felt nothing; Baekhyun no longer had an effect on my body anymore. 



“Eunji, what’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, obviously concerned about my silence, my tongue could not form words, an overwhelming sense of dread coursed through me as the pianist left the doorway. I could hear his quiet footsteps climbing up the stairs and into the party. 



“Eunji?” Baekhyun asked again, his voice invaded my train of thought and I finally looked in his eyes, I could see the concern and frustration in them as the silence in the room was accompanied with the noise from upstairs.

 

Baekhyun let me down gently and quickly I pulled on my clothes, as did Baekhyun. He tightened my corset has he threaded the lace through each hole and I could feel my ribs and lungs tightening again. 



“Will you please tell me what is wrong?” He asked in a strained voice as he pulled on his navy blue coat and straightened his grey wig. I looked at myself in the mirror, pinning my hair back where some had fallen and cleaning up the rouge that had smudged on my lips. I had to keep the image of the perfect gentlewoman, even if that image was to be dissolved by a nosy musician. 



 

“The pianist saw us.” I stated I was surprised that I sounded so calm and collected; however, I knew that the strict teachings of etiquette were now second nature to me. Baekhyuns face fell as I stared at him through the mirror, his jaw dropped and I could see the terror in his eyes. If the pianist ever uttered a word about us to Taeyeon or David then the both of us would surely be in a deadly situation.

To cheat on one’s wife is to be publicly humiliated. To be the mistress is to be branded a . 

Without another word Baekhyun walked out of the room, I could hear his loud footsteps carry him up the stairs and into the upper room. Grabbing my crimson-feathered fan from the floor I slowly made my way to the upper room, my heart was beating loudly against my chest, nerves shook my hands slightly and I tried to cover the pain that was now throbbing painfully in my head with a small smile on my lips. 

I looked around the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter