Chapter 3

untitled

Yoona was bothered after her talk with Yuri. She kept on having thoughts if the girl really quit the movie.

Did Yuri really quit? Yoona thought. If she really quit, I’ll receive a notice from Mr. Kim and ask me about it.

The doe eyed girl just sighed.

“Yoong?” Yoona cringed upon hearing that voice. No matter what she do, she’ll never get used to how Seunggi calls her by her nickname. She wanted to ask Seunggi to stop it but she can’t. the guy is too nice to her.

There is one person that will always make her heart skips just by saying her nickname.

‘really, Yoona? You still thinking about her? You have a boyfriend now, remember?’  Yoona thought and smile at her boyfriend.

“Is there something bothering you? You keep on playing with your pasta. I mean, it’s your favorite.” Seunggi said to her as he put an arm around her shoulder.

Yoona smiled as she tried to eat her pasta. she’s confused why she’s having these kind of thoughts right now. She knew that she’s over Yuri already but now that she gets to talk to her again, everything around her is out of her control.

“A-aniyo. I…I just…I..we met the director earlier. The Hollywood director for the movie that Yuri..u-unnie and I will be doing and i…I just can’t forget it.” Yoona lied.

‘Why am I feeling that I did something wrong? I’m telling the truth to Seunggi right? But why does it feels so wrong?’ Yoona exhaled.

“Oh, I see.” Seunggi smiled at her girlfriend. “You and Yuri were so excited, I bet. Especially your Yuri unnie. I mean, knowing her personality, it must’ve been so cute and I bet her English is so funny.”  Seunggi laughed remembering how dorky Yuri was.

For him, Yuri is Yoona’s best friend. He always sees the two of them together having a time of their lives. He knew that there’s something about the two of them. The way those two look at each other and the way they listen to each other talk is so mesmerizing.  It’s so palpable that whenever he saw that two of them, he couldn’t look away. The girls’ chemistry so deep that he couldn’t explain, it’s something like he never seen before. Like nobody could ever break their bond. So when he and Yoona got together, he was expecting funny stories about Yuri from Yoona but he was surprised that he didn’t. Yoona never even mentioned the girl’s name. he wanted to ask about it but it always slipped in his mind. He wanted to tell a lot of stories to Yoona since they didn’t get the chance to talk regularly like normal couples do.

On the other hand, Yoona was surprised that it’s the first time that they were going to talk about Yuri. She never wanted to because it’s a rule of thumb that exes were not supposed to be a topic whenever your current one is around.

“Uh, s-surprisingly, Y-Yuri unnie was quiet.” Yoona said briefly. She wanted to tell a lot of things about Yuri but she chose not to. She thinks its wrong gushing about your ex.

“Hhmm..maybe Yuri is just shy. It’s cute.” Seunggi smiled kindly. “So, are you excited to shoot the movie? I bet you are because you’re with your best friend.”

Yoona was glad that she didn’t tell Seunggi that she and Yuri had a relationship or this conversation will not be like this. She knows that Seunggi is the most understanding guy ever but maybe if he knew about her relationship with Yuri, it will not be like this.

‘Will it be okay if I say that I’m having second thoughts?’ Yoona thought. ‘I don’t even know why I’m having this kind of feelings towards Yuri. We’re over. I broke up with her. I shouldn’t be admitting to myself that I’m excited to be with Yuri alone. I really miss her.’

“Of course, oppa. It’s our chance to prove everybody that we’re just more than a pretty face.” Yoona said shyly.

“I know that you’re more than just a pretty face. Your fans can see that.” said Seunggi. “Now that you and Yuri were together in a film, I hope they could stop making you compete with each other. You’re both different girls and you’re both great.”

Yoona smiled at Seunggi. She knew how fans wanted her and Yuri fight since the beginning. Even though Yuri is competitive, she still humble and level- headed. She remembered Yuri saying to her before:

“I don’t care if they make us fight. They didn’t know about us, they didn’t know the bond that we have. We’re both different and I hope they could stop it and appreciate what we can show them”

Yoona tried to brush out those thoughts by drinking her wine. Seunggi’s eyes went wide upon Yoona’s sudden gulp of the drink.

“Woah, Yoong, take it easy. You might get drunk.” Seunggi grabbed the glass from Yoona and replaced it with glass of water.

“Give me that. I’m old enough to get drunk.” She pouted.

Seunggi chuckled at the cuteness of his girlfriend and handed her the glass of water.

“I know but you need to be level headed for tomorrow. You will meet the director again, right? You can’t be there with a hangover.” Seunggi teased.

Yoona scoffed and drink her water.

“I can handle myself, thank you very much.” Yoona said smugly which made Seunggi laugh loudly.

***

“Ms. Yoona-ssi, annyeong ha saeyo” the receptionist bowed at Yoona.

“Annyeong, I’m here for an appointment with Ms. Sofia Coppola, is she there?” Yoona smiled shyly.

“Yes, actually she’s about to have an unexpected meeting but she said she’ll attend to you first. I’ll let her know you’re here.”

Yoona was surprised, “oh. Is it really a good time to come here?”

The doe eyed girl become worried about the unexpected meeting that the director has. Despite that she didn’t know much about the director, she knew that Sofia is very focused in her project and always make sure that everything is under control. She suddenly remembered her conversation with Yuri.

‘Ottoke, is it Yuri? Has she decided to quit?’  Yoona thought. ‘Why am I suddenly got worried? Isn’t it okay that Yuri decided to back off? If she’s gone, I’ll never have these confusing thoughts about her that could affect my relationship with Seunggi.’

“Yes, she’s expecting you to come.” The receptionist replied. She motioned the doe eyed girl to sit as she informed the director on Yoona’s arrival.

“Ms. Yoona-ssi, Ms. Coppola is about to see you now.”

Yoona smiled and bowed at the receptionist and went inside Sofia Coppola’s temporary office.

As she looked around the make shift office that Sofia has in their agency, she noticed how chaotic it is and there are a lot of papers and boxes cluttered all over the place. She saw the director by the window talking on the phone with somebody.

She made her presence by clearing . The director turned and waved at Yoona.

“I’ll talk to you later, okay?” the director said on the phone and closed it. She walked towards Yoona and greet her.

“Hi, Yoona, I’m glad you’re here. I’m so sorry for the mess. I just received your scripts that were shipped from the US and I have to check it if they got everything okay.” Sofia said as she handed Yoona her script.

Yoona flipped the pages of the script and read where her name is. Under it, is the name of her character, Nam Da Jung, a veterinarian, daughter of the famous scientist, Nam Ji Sook. She was surprised that nothing else is there that could describe her character.

“I want you to read the script and study it. If you noticed it, I didn’t put anything on the characters. Just their name and what they do in the story. For their back story, I want you to create your own so that you’re able to relate to it. That also goes as to your relationship with Yuri in the story.” Sofia explained.

Yoona nodded and went back to reading the script.

‘It seems like Yuri is still part of the production right?’  Yoona said to herself.

“I want to discuss a lot more with you but I have an unexpected meeting today with Mr. Kim.” Sofia said

Yoona’s doe eyes went wide. She thought that it might have been about Yuri.

“Meeting?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah, I don’t know what that is all about. So I have to talk to you about the script when you go to the US, before we start the shoot.” Sofia replied.

“It’s Yuri.” Yoona whispered to herself but Sofia caught it.

“Yuri? What’s with Yuri?” the director asked.

“Uhh…she…” Yoona stuttered.

“Well, I didn’t see anything wrong with her earlier.” Sofia thought loudly.

Yoona was shocked upon hearing what the director said. Yuri went in earlier. It must’ve meant something.

“Yuri’s here?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah, she went to get her script. Why?” Sofia asked warily.

“Uh..n-no. I was just wondering if she already got her script.” Yoona replied but deep inside her, she’s glad that her ex still haven’t quit the production.

“Oh, so you could study and everything? I’m sure you’re excited huh?” Sofia grinned. “Don’t worry we’ll talk about this and your script once everything is settled and when you arrive in the US okay? But for now, I have a meeting, and I hate to send you out but this is urgent.”

“Uhmm..may I ask what is the meeting all about?” Yoona asked. She wanted to make sure that it’s not about Yuri.

“I can’t be sure but I think it’s all about the last minute preparations and also the legalities of the documents. All those boring stuffs.” Sofia smirked.

Yoona grinned, glad that it’s not really about the possibility of Yuri leaving.

‘Why does it affect you so much, Yoona, huh?’  yoona thought.

The doe eyed girl bid goodbye to the director so that she could study the script as soon as possible.

**

 “So how’s my little Yoona these days?” Jessica asked as she sipped her iced Americano.

She and Yoona decided to meet up so that she could help the girl reading her script and also studying English.

Yoona looked up from the script that she’s reading and to her English dictionary and smile to her unnie.

“I’m good. Still the same old me.” Yoona said as she highlighted her line on the script.

“Hhmm…not really, you changed.” Jessica opposed and it made Yoona stopped what she’s doing and look at her unnie.

“what?”

Jessica smirked at the young girl’s reaction. She really knew how to get their attention.

“You changed. You got a new boyfriend now, you got busier…”

“I got a new boyfriend but that doesn’t mean I changed my personality, unnie.” Yoona interrupted.

“But ever since you and Yul broke up, you changed. You forgot to have fun. you were always serious.”

“No I’m not.  I always have fun with you, guys.”

“But its not the same as before, Yoong. I know that you’re older now but that doesn’t mean you have to be serious all the time.”  Her unnie said. “I know that you are getting serious with Seunggi now. But if I get to choose someone for you, I want it to be Yul.” Jessica said quietly.

Yoona doesn’t want this kind of conversation. She will decide on her own, not letting people do it for her.

“Unnie, Yuri and I were over now.” Yoona sighed.

“I know and I’m not implying everything. It’s just my opinion. I’m not saying this because Yuri is one of my closest friends aside from Tiff, we don’t know how you two broke up and we respected that you refused to talk about it. But, what we witnessed before is really magical. It seems that no one could break you apart. We were devastated when we knew that you were not together anymore.” Jessica explained.

“As we watch you two go on with your lives without each other is really different, the two of you changed. You went on different paths now, you dated Seunggi and Yuri also started dating but we were still hoping that one day, we would see the two of you, walking hand in hand together.” The ice princess said sadly.

For Jessica, she still believes that Yuri and Yoona will end up together.

“Unnie, things changed between Yuri and I. I don’t think that’s possible anymore.” Yoona hated to admit that.

“You still love Yuri, right?” Jessica asked hopefully which made Yoona stare at her unnie.

“Y-You didn’t know the real story between us, so I doubt if Yuri will still love me. I mean look how Yuri changed, look at her right now, she’s into a different path and so was I…”

“Then tell me what happened. As much as I respect the both of you, we will never understand why you’re like this when all we think about is a chance of you to be back again.” Jessica interrupted but held Yoona’s hand. “I’m not saying this because I don’t like Seunggi but because I’m doing this to save you both from hurting and for more complicated things to come. You and Yuri will be in the US alone, pretendgin to be a couple. It will be confusing for both of you, I tell you. Hollywood made and break a lot of people, Yoong.”

Yoona thought that Jessica has a point. Her unnie is just saying this because she’s saving the two of them. But as for her, she knew she’ll never fall in love with Yuri again. She has Seunggi to stop her stupid feelings.”

“Yuri and I changed, it’s impossible for us to love the ‘new’ us if were both used to the ‘old’ us.” Yoona reasoned.

Jessica sighed. It was clearly no point in arguing with Yoona. They’re just both stubborn.

“Someday, Yoong, you’ll say that I’m right.” Jessica whispered to herself but Yoona caught it.

Bur before Yoona could say her rebuttal, she heard a familiar voice calling them.

“OH MY GOD! YOONA, JESS! YOU’RE HERE, TOO?! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!” a voice called out.

Good thing that the café has no other customer but them or the girl would create chaos.

Yoona and Jessica turned around and saw Tiffany walking towards them with Yuri in tow.

“Tiff! What are you two doing here?” Jessica asked as Tiffany sat beside her while Yuri has no choice but to sit to an empty chair beside Yoona. The blackpearl just nod at Yoona to acknowledge her.

“Well, Yuri came in to my apartment where Sunny, Tae and I were currently staying in. She said she needed help with her script so I agreed because I’m so excited for their movie. But then, Tae and Sunny were playing video games so we couldn’t concentrate, we decided to go to the nearest café and here we are.” Tiffany explained. “So what are you guys doing here?”

“Me and Yoona were studying the script, too.” Jessica replied.

“Oh great! Let’s do it together!” Tiffany said enthusiastically. Yoona looked at her Sica unnie as if she’s saying that their conversation is over and Jessica couldn’t help but sighed.

“Sure, uhhmm…what have you guys talked so far?” Jessica asked.

“Well, we already read the story as well as the whole script. It’s very cool actually. I’m getting excited to see how they will play their parts.” Tiffany gushed. “And…I also marked the scenes that I liked.”

Tiffany showed Jessica her favorite scenes and let her read it. It’s as if they were the actors on the movie, not the two. As for Yoona and Yuri, they decided to be quiet, just listening to the two.

“Oh.My.God. I haven’t finished the script but these scenes were so good!” Jessica shrieked in excitement which made Yoona and Yuri looked the ice princess in confusion.

“What is it?” Yoona started to ask but the two American girls just ignored the young girl.

“I can totally imagine the two of them in this scene. Oh my God. It’s gonna be so hot!” Tiffany said in English.

“I know right? I totally want Sofia Coppola to focus in this scene! I will have to kneel down just to beg her!” Jessica replied in English as well.

“Yah! Speak in Korean will you?!” Yuri growled. She knew that these two has something that they refuse to share.

The American girls stopped and look at them.

“Oh, we’re sorry guys, we were just excited for this movie.” Tiffany apologized.

“Yah! What are you two talking about the script?” Yuri asked.

“Well, before we get into that let’s build the characters first. Let’s build your back story.” Jessica initiated to deviate off the topic.

“Stop swerving off the topic, Shika. I wanted to know what you’re talking about with Pani.” Yuri insisted.

Yoona kept mum while watching the three bicker. She doesn’t understand why Yuri is too serious about this.

“My God, Yuri. Take a chill pill will you? We’re just talking about one of the scenes here.” Jessica said as she flipped off her hair, not really affected with Yuri’s sudden outburst.

“Why didn’t you tell me what this is all about, huh?” Yuri glared at the ice princess.

Tiffany looked at Jessica whose nonchalant about Yuri’s reaction. She knew that Yuri might be surprised when she knew one of the most important scene that they have to do. She might even quit.

“Well, i…I guess its one of the most significant scene for your characters in the movie.” Tiffany started. Yuri and Yoona just let her continue. “it’s a scene…of…”

“What?” Yuri asked.

“It’s the love making scene.” Tiffany tried to make it a bit wholesome.

Jessica scoffed at how juvenile Tiffany is, “oh, for crying out loud, Tiff. It’s the scene.”

The two girls we shocked upon hearing that there is such a scene for the movie.

“uh..what? s-scene?” Yuri asked incredulously as if it’s a forbidden word.

“B-but…” Yoona stuttered.

“I can’t do that!” Yuri howled while Yoona turned towards the black pearl. As much as she wanted to deny it, she admits that she’s hurt upon hearing Yuri’s opposition.

“I…I h-have Seunggi.” She murmured mostly to herself but since the café is quiet, the three heard it.

Jessica just mocked at the two. “What do you expect from this movie? All cutesy and stuff? This is Hollywood, not some Kdrama. If you’re expecting innocent skinship then, you better start researching. Sofia Coppola is not just any other director. So, expect these kind of scenes in this movie.”

“Well, I’m not gonna do it. They didn’t tell me that we have to do this up to this extent.” Yuri refused.

The three were surprised on Yuri’s refusal about the movie. Jessica will not let this happen if this is the only way that these two girls will get back together.

“Yah! You can’t back out now. You already sign the contract. Besides, you wanted to prove that you’re a great actress right? Do this movie and they will take you seriously.” Jessica taunted.

“I can talk to Mr. Kim about this. I can prove them in some other way.” Yuri said as she stood up and about to leave.

“Yah! Why are you leaving?” Jessica stood up to stop Yuri.

“I’m going to talk to Mr. Ki and back out. I’m not going to be part of this sick joke.” Yuri sneered.

“Fine! Go on! Don’t come running back to me, crying and all depressed about how people criticized you as an actress. Don’t you ever tell me that you regret backing out once they replaced you.” Jessica provoked.

“ Have you forget the times when you are doubting yourself? You were always crying because the company didn’t trust you enough and give the projects that you really wanted? You always cry whenever Sooyoung or Yoona always casted in a drama except you when all three of you were the greatest actresses? I know you worked hard on becoming an actress, Yul. We both know that its your dream to be in a project like this.”

“shut up, Shika.” Yuri mumbled.

Yoona was shocked upon hearing Jessica’s statements. She knew that Yuri has insecurities but she didn’t know that Yuri gets sad whenever she or Sooyoung got be picked for a drama or movie and not her. Behind those smiles and excitement that Yuri expressed for them, was tears and doubts in herself.

Yuri is a great actress after all.

“Are you afraid, Yul?” Jessica asked. “Are you afraid that you cannot do the film or are you afraid that you might develop your feelings for Yoona again?”

Yuri looked at Jessica. She’s trying to see if her best friend is joking but she was surprised that Jessica is dead serious. She wanted to argue that she’s over Yoona already, and falling in love with her is ridiculous. It’s just a movie. It’s only acting and personal feelings were hindered by their characters.

“Stop making me laugh, Shika.” Yuri said sarcastically. “I’m leaving.” And started to walk away.

“What about the script reading?” Tiffany called out but Yuri kept walking away.

“Go, Yoong, follow Yul.” Jessica ordered.

Yoona went back to her senses. Everything is over whelming to her. Yuri might really decided to back out with this movie.

“W-what?” Yoona asked.

“Go follow her and talk to her.” Jessica said as she collected Yoona’s things before giving it to her.

“W-what will I say?”

“I don’t know. You’ll know it. Go!” Jessica pushed Yoona so that she could follow the girl.

**

Yoona followed Yuri out of the café. She thanked God for her long legs, she’s able to follow Yuri. She grabbed Yuri’s arm and led her to an empty alley.

Yuri almost had a heart attack when someone suddenly grabbed her and pulled her into an alley.

“Jesus Christ! Yoona! I almost died, did you know that?!” Yuri yelled at the young girl.

“I’m sorry! But Shika unnie told me to follow you.” Yoona apologized.

Yuri scoffed and slumped to the wall while Yoona stayed on the opposite side.

“Why? So that you’ll know what’s my answer to her questions earlier?” Yuri scorned.

“No.” Yoona mumbled which made Yuri look at her. “I just wanted to tell you, don’t quit the movie”

Yoona didn’t know what came to her to have that courage in saying that to Yuri. She wished that she could take back the words that she said.

Yuri was taken aback on what Yoona said. “W-why?”

“Nothing. I just don’t want you to quit. Everything is settled now.” Yoona didn’t know what other excuse she could give.

Yuri just laughed bitterly at Yoona’s lame excuse. “That’s pretty lame, Yoona. You know what? I can’t do the movie. I’m not going to do those scenes with you.”

Yoona tried to hide the hurt that she feels by saying another mean thing towards the girl. “why? Is it because you’re afraid that you might fall in love with me?” she smugs.

Yuri scoffed at Yoona’s arrogance.  “W-what? You wish.”

“No, Yul, admit it. You’re afraid that you might fall in love with me again when we do the movie. That or it’s like what Shika unnie said, you’re afraid that you’re not good enough.”

Yoona wanted to tell Yuri that she’s a great actress. She knew that because she’s been telling it to her since they were together but she knew its too late. She wished that she’s there when Yuri doubts herself.

“If you’re here to be like Shika then, you better leave now.” Yuri scowled.

Just then, Yoona pinned Yuri into the wall. She didn’t know what came to her to be so bold. She just wanted to stop Yuri from quitting the movie.

Yuri tried to pushed the girl away but she failed. She knew how strong Yoona is despite of her thin body. Yoona also held both of Yuri’s arms over her head  to keep her from pushing away. They were so close to each other that other people might think they were making out in the alley.

“Don’t quit the movie and prove to me that you’re not going to fall in love with me. Don’t be so coward by quitting. If you’re really over me, you’ll do the movie, act that you’re in love with me and after this, we’ll go on with our lives. Use this to also prove them that you’re a great actress, Yul.” Yoona  goad Yuri.

Yuri went speechless as Yoona pulled away and left her to her decision.

TBC.

******

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS UPDATE. THIS ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED LAST WEEK BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO FINISH THIS BUT HERE IT IS. I KEEP ON HAVING DIFFERENT IDEAS ON WHERE THE STORY WOULD LEAD BUT I HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE ALL OF YOU ^^ PLEASE WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE STORY :)