Chapter 1

untitled

“I called you here today because there is an important thing that I need to tell you.” A man said as he looked at the two girls sitting in front of him.

The two girls were looking back at the man as intensely as he is. They studied his movement carefully. They never seen him this way since two years that they’ve known him. They can now see the gray hairs forming on his once jet black hair and his face have wrinkles now. One will never believe that this man is only in his late thirties with all the stress forming on his face.

One of the girls, cleared and pushed back her long, jet black hair.

“What’s this important thing that you want us to talk about, Mr. Kim?” the girl, Yuri, said.

She never liked the man. She never did. Ever since he came and replaced the previous CEO, everything went hell for them. It’s true that the man made them famous more than what they imagined but the changes he made since he ruled the company paid the price.

“Do you have an idea why I called you?” the man, Mr. Kim, asked. He scoffed as he drunk his glass of whiskey. “I could call the other girls, heck, they are far better than the two of you but do you have an idea why I chose the two of you?”

The girl, Yoona, whose sitting beside Yuri scoffed. Just like Yuri, she also never liked the man. She even wondered why the board chose him as the new CEO when their former CEO, Lee Soo Man, decided to retire to take care of his wife.

The man in front of him is selfish, greedy and evil. He’s doing anything just to replace the legacy that Lee Soo Man did for the company as well as his bond to his artists. He doesn’t agree with how Lee Soo Man handles his artists with his fatherly image. He wanted change, since for him, the artists are his business not family.

“Cut the chase, we don’t have the time for that crap, Mr. Kim.” Yoona snapped at him. She doesn’t care about yelling at him. They’ve done it millions of times but he never flinched, besides, this is always where their conversation heads.

“Still feisty, eh, Yoona? Still mad that I let the media expose your relationship instead of keeping it under the wraps?” Mr. Kim taunted the young girl.

Yoona glanced at Yuri whose keeping her head down as always. She sighed. Then, she glared back at the man in front of her. She just wanted to punch the smirk right out of his face.

“You know, you should be thankful that I did that. You see, you can finally date him and not just secretly going to his place all the time.” Mr. Kim said as he sat back into his chair.

‘This man doesn’t know anything. He doesn’t know a single thing. He’s an .’  Yoona thought.

She looked back at Yuri again but this time, she saw how the girl clenched her fist as she kept her head down.  Yoona wanted to hold her hand but she doesn’t have the right anymore. She lost the right a long time ago.

“Can we please go back to our discussion?” Yuri interrupted.

The two looked at her but it didn’t stop Mr. Kim from throwing words at the girls.

“Oh, I never thought you’re there, Yuri. Maybe that’s why you’re always the second best, huh?”

Yoona exhaled. She wanted to protect Yuri from those words. She knows how sensitive Yuri is. But she can’t.

“Alright, let’s stop fooling around and let’s get back to business. The reason why I called you today is because an important person proposed a project to me.” Mr. Kim started.

He looked at the two who’s anticipating his next words so he continued.

“She’s one of the famous directors in Hollywood and she wanted leads for her next project.”

The two gasped at the news. It’s really rare to hear that a Hollywood director to turn to Asian actresses for the leads since they already have world class lead actors and actresses.

“Wait a minute, you mean that a Hollywood director proposed a project? What does that supposed to mean for us?” Yoona asked.

“The director was a huge fan of your group. She knew that the two of you can act and even won awards. So, she proposed the project to me and I think it would be a great opportunity not just for you but for the company as well to be well known.” Mr. Kim replied.

“B-but why us? There are a lot of actresses in our group, too and there are also actresses in this company but why us?” Yuri finally find her voice to ask.

“That’s a very good question, Yuri. I also asked her about that. I even told her that we have far more than great actresses in our company but she just told me that she handpicked both of you to be her leads and it will be our loss if we let this chance so I agreed.”

“W-what? Why?” Yoona stammered to ask. There are a lot of things that she wanted to ask because everything is just surreal to her.

“W-who’s the director?” Yuri immediately asked before Mr. Kim could answer.

“The director is Sofia Coppola. She’s part of the infamous clan of great directors, the Coppola. She handpicked you two, not just because she’s a fan but she sees a great potential for the two of you. You can be well known actresses in Hollywood, you can break many barriers with this project and it will be a great branch out once your group disbands.” Mr. Kim said frankly. He knew that ‘disband’ is a sore subject to the girls and he wanted to touch that subject as much as he can.

“We will never disband.” Yoona said firmly.

“But you will not be ‘Girls’ Generation’ forever.” He smirked.

“you’re an .” Yoona spat.

“I never said I’m not.” Mr. Kim proved that he’s not affected with their words.  “You see, it’s a win-win situation. You do the project, you get famous along with your group, even individually, you get the money, the fame and everything.”

“No, you’re just after the money.” Yoona hissed.

“Aren’t we all, Yoona?” Mr. Kim smirked. “Is that the reason why you’re dating Seunggi because he’s rich and once you get married you will get loads of money and you‘ll live happily ever after?”

Yoona could sense that Yuri’s looking at her, expecting an answer.

“Shut up, Mr. Kim. You don’t know anything.” Yoona growled.

“Oh, don’t test me, Ms. Im Yoona. I know everything.” He sneered as Yoona watched him looked at Yuri with that evil smirk on his face.

“Will you please get on with this meeting so we could leave now? We’re busy, you know?” Yoona interjected.

Mr. Kim laughed loudly and said, “My God, Yoona, you’re such a tighty pants. Can’t take a joke.”

“There’s no time for joking. FINISH.THIS.MEETING.NOW.” Yoona pointed out.

“Alright. Since someone’s a party pooper, I don’t want you to stay here any longer. So, Ms. Coppola proposed a project for you two, which is a movie. You will be both playing lead parts of a zombie flick.”

“What? A zombie flick?” Yoona asked.

“Yep, a zombie flick. But here’s the twist, you’ll be playing lovers in the movie.” Mr. Kim smirked while looking at the two.

“What?! How? I---I don’t understand. Why are you allowing this? How about our image?” Yoona demanded answers.

“I told you, it’s a win win situation. Do the damn movie, you get famous, we both get money, you can break barriers just like that and you will be legends. Easy right?”

“But you don’t understand. That is a sore subject here in Korea. People will talk.” Yoona defended.

“People always talk, Yoona. It wouldn’t matter because you’re doing a Hollywood movie. You will help people open their minds.” Mr. Kim insisted. “Don’t tell me you’re scared to do the movie, Yoona?”

Mr. Kim knew he hit the sore subject when he saw the surprised look on Yoona’s face.

“Am I right, Yoona?” Mr. Kim smirked.

“Jerk.” Yoona mumbled which made Mr. Kim laugh again.

“Yoona, Yoona, Yoona. It’s just a movie. Why would you be so scared? Besides it’s just Yuri, your friend, remember?” Mr. Kim stood up from his chair and walked to where the girls sat. “Or is there something I need to know, hhmm?”

The CEO leveled with Yuri and asked the girl, “Tell me, Yuri, is there something I need to know?”

Yuri knew that Mr. Kim already knew what’s going on between her and Yoona.  He just wanted it to come from them. He’s so vile that he wanted to find something that could break their group apart. He’s not going to get it from her or from the girls.

“I…I don’t know what’s with Yoona, M-Mr. Kim but I wanted to do the movie.” Yuri answered.

Mr. Kim smirked and straight up and pulled away from Yuri. “That’s great to hear, Yuri. Always the forgiving one, as expected. So how about you, Yoona?”

Yoona knew that Mr. Kim’s words were just full of meanings that she already knew. He strikes where it hurts the most and it’s doing the exact thing on her.

“I’ll do it.” Yoona said finally.

“Wonderful!” Mr. Kim clapped. “See? It’s not hard to decide. Besides, you two are the closest among the nine, so this project shouldn’t be a problem.” He leered.

“No.” Yuri said firmly as she glanced at Yoona. She wanted to act like she doesn’t care at all when in fact it’s the opposite. She got worried when she saw Yoona almost losses her mind. She shouldn’t care anymore despite of what happened but she can’t. She’s a fool like that.

“Okay, well, that’s about it. We will have a meeting with Ms. Coppola the day after tomorrow so that we could talk about more of the story and whatnot. Now, scram, I’ve got more important things to do.” Mr. Kim shooed them away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBC...

I'M STILL IN THE PROCESS OF FORMING THE STORY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE STORY :)