Chapter 2

What If. (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the first night everyone realized that the creatures only attack during the night, they fly away before dawn when the suns rays gently turn the sky into a gentle colour. The first two years were nothing but just survival the strong were sent out looking for more survivors while the weak stayed behind helping the injured, more soldiers were being trained every young boy after the age of 13 were trained for combat the girls were trained in medical field.

By the year 3026 society has changed itself what was once a beautiful country now turned into a wasteland. Streets were destroyed buildings were turned into rubble from previous bombing attacks from fighting these creatures, as the population decreased survival was the upmost priority.

First Lieutenant of the second divions Lee Donghae was the youngest known high ranked soldier in Mokpo at the young age of 20, his best friend Lee Sungmin age 25 who is the son of the passed General Lee Sungwoo was now captain of the second devision a long side with his close friend. Lee Donghwa was now General of the Mokpo military service, in many tight situations with these creatures General Donghwa always pulled through making him such high in ranks.

" Lieutenant Donghae report back to me with Captain Sungmin immediatly in my office."
Donghae rolled his eyes from his brother emotional less voice from his head set.
"Roger that Hyung" Donghae walked towards the sleeping corriders were Sungmin would most likely be.
"Hyuuuung." Donghae knocked on the door quite loudly, rustling was heard from the other side before the door was opened the older male had a scowl on his face.
"Why the hell are you banging my door so loud." 
"Hyung wants us in his office immediatly." Sungmin quirked an eyebrow suddenly interested, at what the younger was saying.
"Alright then lets go." 

The two walked through the sercurity/military section of the hideout, younger soldiers saluted them when upon recognition of there superiors, Sungmin and Donghae nodded there heads to the younger recruits. Finally making there way to the Colonel office they knocked signalling there arival before entering, Donghwa was sitting at his deck going over some papers before putting them down.

"Hey Hyung."
"Good day General Donghwa." 
"Really Donghae even Sungmin speaks to me with formality." Donghwa sighed at his younger brother, Donghae rolled his eyes before sitting down on one of the empty seats.
"Oh please hyung I knew you all my life, I think we passed formalities a long time ago."
"Sungmin knew me for a long time aswell but you dont see him calling me hyung like a whiny teenager." Donghae glared at his brother, Sungmin chuckled at the situation to him both were acting like young teenage boys.
"What was the reason for calling us here?" Sungmin asked, Donghwa lifted up a sheet of paper handing it to the both of them.

"Jongno is asking for more recruits, since they were once known for being the headquarters of the Ministry of Security they want to train younger troops." Donghae read the report of Jongno wanting 5 new recruits from each district.
"You and Sungmin will lead them to Jongno, you will stay there for exactly 60 days and will return to Mokpo and I will need a full report of your stay there." 
"When do we leave?" Sungmin asked, Donghwa sighed before responding.
"Tomorrow at dawn you will leave they expect you to be there around mid day." 
"What would Sungmin and I be doing over there?"
"I assume you will be doing the same duties as you normally would." Sungmin and Donghae nodded there heads in understandment.
"Now if that is all the recruits you will be taking are, Lee Onew, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Choi Minho and Lee Taemin they have already been informed about this and will meet you at the mess hall in 0500 hours (5 am) that is all." Sungmin and Donghae stood up ready to leave.

"Donghae can you please stay back for a minute." Donghwa called out as before the reached the door, Donghae went back to his seat when Sungmin had left the two silenced filled the room. Donghae watched his brother closly he noticed the dark circles from the lack of sleep he has been getting, he knew that being a general ment long working hours as well of the safety for the people.

"Donghae." Donghwa sighed "Will you be all right by yourself?" 
"Hyung no need to worry I'll have Sungmin with me." Donghae gently smiled to his brother who looked clearly worried.
"I know that, but we havent been seperated for this long before." Donghwa stood up walking towards Donghae.
"Hyung." Donghae wimpered wrapping himself in his brothers arm in a embrace.
"Your the only family I have left, I have the right to worry for you." Donghwa whispered both remembering about that day, the day when the creatures attacked, the day when they watched the death of their parents.

"I'll be fine hyung, I promise." Donghae let himself go of his brother, Donghwa smiled to his brother.
"Alright you better get some rest then, division 4 and 3 will go out tonight."
"Yes sir." Donghae playfully saluted to his brother, Donghwa laughed at his brother's childish a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter