Wake

Removing The Blindfold
 

WAKE

1576298zmynoj2nnr.gif


Jessica's 1st POV

     Sweat mingled tightly in the palms of my hand, even fearing the man that was about to open the door on the other side. With vast eyes staring at the doorknob in supreme devastation, I held my breath.

      Within a few seconds everything would in complete ruin. It would be over.

     Desperately, I shut my eyes and held the door knob toward in my direction strongly, knowing he would open the door anyway but I still had to try at least.

     Hearing Taeyeon’s smuggled cries against her hands was driving me more insane and I wanted to even quite this heartbeat just in case he might hear it, but it was too late.

     I silently gasped as I felt the door suddenly slip from my hand and the crack of the door squeaked worse than any horror movie.

     But, in the nick of time we were saved with the crack of the door closing back from an interruption and I was rendered breathless.

      “What the hell is going on here!?” I heard Jiyong’s voice exclaiming madly from a distance and I could hear Mr. Youngmin turn around on his feet quickly.

     My chest fell into a great relief and so did Taeyeon’s as I looked at her, wiping her face away with a shocked face.

      “Oh, so you don’t know then Mr. Kwon?” Mr. Youngmin remained calm despite his volcanic explosion like manner I heard through the door awhile ago.

      “Oh, I ing know. You planned the abortion day earlier despite of the agreement we all came to you son of a ,” Jiyong snarled like a viscous dog at Mr. Youngmin and I reached for Taeyeon’s hand to let her know it was all going to be alright.

      “Now, there is no need to go calling my mother a , but you are right she was a for never being around when I was younger. Anyhow, I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but it is not you whom I made an agreement with,” Mr. Youngmin was getting smart the sophisticated way and I bit down on my bottom lip angrily myself.

     “Exactly. You made it with Taeyeon and now you are not going along that agreement. Isn’t that a felony if murder is not in your book?” Jiyong asked him insanely and I suddenly felt Taeyeon hold on to my hand tightly as she was looking at the direction of the door as if it was her last hope and I hate to say it, but it really was.

      To comfort her more, I took my hand from hers and wrapped my arm around her upper back with my hand going on her shoulder as she leaned towards me for support.

     “Nothing is a felony unless you have proof that is and abortion of even a 9 week fetus has been legalized for quite some time if I am correct. Moving on from this meaningless debate why don’t you tell me where Taeyeon is,” Mr. Youngmin spoke impatiently.

     “I’m not telling you about Taeyeon!” He proclaimed and I smiled a little to myself as I looked at the door. I can never…thank you enough Jiyong. You are far from being a bad guy.

     “Oh, you won’t? Then I will,” Mr. Youngmin began speaking darkly with the voice of a demon and I leaned down to Taeyeon, wiping the tears that she missed with my free hand softly.

      There was this awkward silence and I turned my head slowly when I heard his footsteps start to slap against the tile of the floor quickly and loudly.

      Wait, no, he couldn’t be coming here.

      And, just like that I had been murdered in cold blood by his eyes after the doorknob was twisted and the door slammed open against the wall.

Completely exposed, Taeyeon released a horrified scream which just resonate the pain deep inside my heart. It literally felt like I was bleeding inside and I was slowly drowning.

      Not only was I was in a frozen state but I couldn’t even breathe as I met his wicked eyes staring at mines.

      There was nothing but satisfaction dripping from his lips since he yanked all that hope and relief from me in one single pull. I would have even thought I had a hole in my chest.

     “T-Taeyeon…J-Jessica w-why are you there?” Jiyong muttered in a frightened voice himself somewhere in front of us, but I was still in a state of shock  so I couldn’t bring myself to look at him.

      Regardless, I still held Taeyeon’s body that was shaking to the point I thought she would crumble in a million pieces right in my own hands.

     “That famous saying you can run, but you can’t hide fits this moment quite perfectly, doesn’t it Jessica Jung and Kim Taeyeon?” He asked us and the moment his eyes slid over to Taeyeon, I tugged her behind me, hiding her from him. You can’t even look at her. I won’t allow you to!

      Somehow I was able to muster a bitter smile on my face as I replied to him with enraged eyes, “But, I can still fight you when you find me.”

     He laughed mockingly as he placed a wild smile on his disgusting face and he turned his body while he placed his hands on the inside lining of his jacket, to fix it proudly and that was when I took that opening.

     I took in a painful deep breath of the same air that this monster breathed and I moved fast as lightning with my hands grasping behind his head and my knee striking up quickly as a snake but hard as a gorilla’s strike straight into his abdomen.

     “Run Taeyeon!” I exclaimed as Mr. Youngmin gasped for air while at the same time groaning in pain from my hit and I pushed him away from me powerfully.

     Taeyeon had dashed out the room, but was stopped by two of Mr. Youngmin’s bodyguards and I was behind her, looking at them with overwhelmed eyes, unsure what to do.

     I then looked passed their heads and I saw Jiyong come with other two big sized men in their suits with rough looks.

     “Don’t even try it boys,” Jiyong tried warning Mr. Youngmin bodyguards who were more on the slim and yet muscular side, compared to large size of Jiyong’s own.

     But, by the time they turned around, they had a gun pointed in their faces and Jiyong came in the middle, making them move over without any hesitation.

     “Are you two alright?”He immediately asked us and looked from me then to Taeyeon who was looking at him with a call for help.

     “Y-Yes we are,” I managed to say, still trying to recover from that amount of shock we got and I turned around, seeing a nurse helping Mr. Youngmin stand up properly as he was still wincing from the impact of my knee .

     That was the first line of defense my dad taught me, so I know it had to hurt because it was my best.

     “Stop right there,” He managed to whisper in the midst of resentment and I took in a deep inhale to say something to him, but I was interrupted by Taeyeon’s cracking voice.

     “H-How can you do this to me Mr. Youngmin? How can you do this to me after all I’ve done for you?” Taeyeon was asking him with a mess of tears upon her face and I was rendered speechless myself as she looked at him, trying to give this man a chance.

     “You already took my entire childhood, teenage years and even now my adult years of my life!” She screamed, causing her body to shake in the process and I was worried she would convulse, but could she remember the past then or was it just the pain?

     “Taeyeon,” I whispered her name with astonishment, but she shook her head with redness running in her face like a hot fever as she banged her hand against her chest. Is that where your pain was Taeyeon? That was where mines were also.

     “You’ve already killed me Mr. Youngmin and now I can finally live on through my child. Are you going to take my baby’s life away too? I’m already 28 years old. I’m already considered old after I hit 25, don’t you know that? I’m already hated by the world. If anything having this child will make them love me. Did you know that…I bet you didn’t,” She whispered as she pressed her hand to her face, trying to calm down.

     By the time Taeyeon had finished expressing herself to Mr. Youngmin, he was able to stand up on his own and made a single step toward Taeyeon. I and Jiyong both lifted the heels of our feet, ready to defend Taeyeon.

     “If you are worried being seen as old, there is nothing older than a woman having a child. Do you think men will be by a woman that took one up all the way to her womb?” He asked Taeyeon and outstretched his arms and hands, trying to make his pathetic point come across to her.

     “You know what turns me off more than a woman taking up one all the way to her womb Mr. Youngmin?” I asked him spitefully and went ahead on answering that question.

     “CEOs like you,” I said with the most disgust I could possibly say and I stepped beside Taeyeon as she was looking down shamefully.

     “CEOs like you are what are molding the minds of the citizens, of the people watching us. You make their expectations of us high. You make it seem like it is a great disgrace and disgust for a female celebrity to not only get married, but to have kids at such a young age,” I spoke strongly and both Jiyong and Taeyeon was starting at me with great marvel.
     “Did we somehow miss that genetic code of sin? I may not know firsthand, because I’ve never been pregnant, but I know that it is the most proudest and happiest moment for a woman to even be able to conceive. And, if you are going to talk about men getting or off, I don’t know one woman that has had a child wasn’t able to get a men hot in the pants,” I laughed mockingly at the end as my hands were in tight fists.

     “Starting for now on, I’m going to change the way this world works, even if it is a little bit. For now on, we are going to able to live in our real skin and show everyone that this is who we are and that includes you Mr. Youngmin. I will expose you to the entire world,” I stated and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand as he just scoffed in disbelief. I pulled her down the hallway as Jiyong followed behind us.

     “Jessica,” I could hear Taeyeon mutter my name breathlessly but I kept looking forward, determined.

     “Wow…I didn’t know you had that in you,” Jiyong spoke with great bewilderment as I was pressing the button for the elevator and I exhaled, deflating all that pride I had to instant despair.

     If it wasn’t for you Jiyong, Taeyeon would have been snatched from my own hands.

     She would have been taken to a room with tears coming from her eyes and screams coming from as she would have had her child from right inside of her…again.

      I don’t care if she would hate me. I care about her hating her own self. I can’t let that happen and I almost ing did.

      I couldn’t bring myself to say anything as I silently cried waiting for the elevator to come.

      Taeyeon was just staring at me and looked away with a sigh of distress as she drowned in remorse as well.

      Finally, the elevator opened and I rushed to get inside, hitting the button for the first floor.

      Jiyong quickly got on the elevator and stood in front of me as I tried looking away, wiping my tears away with one hand.

     “I know what you are thinking,” He breathed out to me and I just painfully twisted my mouth as I looked up, trying to keep the tears in my eyes, but they overflowed.

     “I know how you are feeling…but look at it this way. We did it together. If you hadn’t taken Taeyeon before he came, then I couldn’t even save her,” He whispered to me and I suddenly felt Taeyeon’s hand pulling away from mines.

     “Jessica,” Taeyeon said my name with endless wavering and I looked at her own eyes crying a river that I thought would flow for all eternity.

      She painfully lifted the curves of her lips for me and she hugged me. She ing hugged me and I know I said I would be there to catch her fall, but she was now catching me.

     “I believe in you. Thank you. I’m sorry for making you go through so much…because of me. Thank you Jessica,” She then thanked me and I just shook my head with my lips pressed together as I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close as I cried on her shoulder with a bowed head.

      No…I’m sorry Taeyeon. I should be thanking you.

      After leaving the hospital, I took Taeyeon to my car and followed Jiyong’s car while we were being followed by one car which was the car with Jiyong’s body guards.

      I was still completely tensed as I gripped the steering wheel tightly while I drove down the streets of Seoul.

      All what was on my mind was what would be Mr. Youngmin’s move. There was no way he would sit still, especially now.

      Whatever his next move would be, it would be definite and I’m sure this time he would succeed.

      Slowly, I brought myself to look over at Taeyeon who was holding herself as she looked outside the window with a blank expression.

     “A-Are you cold?” I asked with my voice shaking lightly, since I’m sure she wasn’t cold. She was scared.

      But, she didn’t answer.

     “Taeyeon?” I called her name out and she jumped her body shaking in complete alert as she looked over at me with a shocked expression.

     “Oh…I’m sorry, I was deep in thought that’s all,” she quickly rambled nervously as she sat up still holding herself.

     “What…were you deep in thought about what?” I asked her slowly as I checked on the road every now and then as I still showed that she had my attention.

      She was just about to turn her head to look at me, but she turned it away from me instantly when I asked that question and her hands went on her stomach right after.

     “Oh…I…was just wondering where we were going that’s all,” She quickly made up a lie with her eyes moving left and right because she felt guilty for lying.

     “Jiyong is leading us to a place safe for you and the baby. No one will hurt you two. So please don’t worry. It’s not good for the baby to be worrying this much,” I tried finding a reason why she shouldn’t worry and she finally looked at me with big eyes filled with concern.

     “I-It’s not good for the baby?” She asked immediately and lowered her head as she looked down at her stomach that was starting to bulge out a little.

      I couldn’t bring myself to say anything else as I tightened my lips against one another painfully while I looked at the road wishing there was a wind shield wiper for my eyes, because I couldn’t see with these tears in my way.

      There wasn’t another word from neither of us for the hour drive it took to get to Busan, since I knew the highway interstate that I followed Jiyong on to.

      Taeyeon was asleep by the time I pulled up in a driveway of a multi story mansion and I slowly turned my keys to turn the ignition of my car off.

      I sighed softly, looking at her restless face and she still had her hands on her stomach as she slept.  Not even in her sleep could she rest.

      I’m tired of seeing her like this. I’ve had enough. I’ve really had enough.

      Jiyong finally got out of his black Lamborghini and came over to the side where Taeyeon was. He opened the car door and I quickly put my index finger over my lip.

      His eyes quickly looked at Taeyeon in which he caught on and looked up at me with a face that was drained of energy and replaced with fatigue and stress.

      In a painful whisper he spoke, “We are at my family’s home here in Busan.”

      For a moment I just nodded and looked down, but it didn’t dawn on me till I blinked and jerked my head up, finally soaking in what he just said.

     “Your family’s home!?” I exclaimed in a whisperous tone of voice and it finally hit me when we had to drive through like three sets of gates and security to get to this mansion that would cost even my whole career. Even the gates were detailed in vines and gold with a large calligraphy K in the middle of them, which I now know to be for Kwon, the Kwon residence.

      Jiyong brought both of his hands up and lowered them a little, motioning for me to calm down and I snatched my neck to look at the luxurious white mansion.

      Did he just really bring us in the nest of the mafia? Where has his head gone?

      I turned to look back at him with mad eyes. His head was there. His brain was gone. That had to be it.

     “Close the damn door. How dare you bring Taeyeon to a place like this!?” I was still yelling over in a hushed voice as I violently motioned for him to move.

     “Stop this,” He whispered back at me and I bit down on my bottom lip before I turned to open my door. Angrily, I unbuckled my seat belt and carelessly let it go.

      I madly pushed my door open and silently shut it.

      Jiyong then shut Taeyeon’s side of the door as he came to meet me in front of the car as my entire face blew up with tears running down flushed cheeks.

     “How dare you bring Taeyeon to this ing place!?” I roared out with my throat already becoming sore, which was the result from crying too much on the way here.

     “Jessica, listen to me first,” He kept trying to get me to understand him and I pushed his chest roughly as I stepped closer to him.

     “I don’t have ing time to listen Jiyong! All I’ve ever been doing this time is listening and look where it has gotten me!? I…almost…lost Taeyeon. I almost killed Taeyeon a second time!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and I knew I was taking it out on Jiyong…again, but I couldn’t stop.

      It was all just pouring out. I just couldn’t ing stop.

      Instantly, I my feet ready to barge to the car and get Taeyeon out of here, but he grabbed my wrist and snatched me closer to him.

      I violently tried pulling him away from me with a rough bite of my lip, but he used his other arm to grab the one I was about to strike him with.

     “Let me ing go!” I screamed at him and he finally blew up with his own set of tears streaming down madly.

     “Then you ing tell me where Taeyeon can go that is safer than here Jessica!” He roared this so loudly that his voice even echoed in the hallow part of my mind.

     “Please ing tell me, because I have no ing idea where else but here. If you know please tell me, because I don’t want to even bring her here, but this is all I mothering got god damn it!” He was begging, pleading to me madly as we were both in a mess that we just didn’t know to clean up, because we were both powerless.

      I finally stopped fighting against him as I just collapsed to my knees, looking down at the ground with all hope lost.

      One of my hands was grabbing on Jiyong’s leg as I silently cried, but my sniffles were making themselves known as I slowly looked up at Jiyong.

     “Why can’t you save Taeyeon Jiyong? I can’t do it, but why can’t you? You are much more powerful than both us…I just don’t understand,” I finally talked in a broken voice as I slowly looked towards the car where Taeyeon was sleeping peacefully and shook my head in disbelief.

     “All I can do…is just what you seen at the hospital. I’m not even sure how long can I snatch Taeyeon away from his hands.”

     Finally I looked down and thought about it seriously.

     “Let me meet your father Jiyong,” I finally breathed out as if it would be my last breath.

     “W-What?” He asked suddenly surprised

     “I-I can’t let you do that,” he spoke as if he had already given up and gritted my teeth together as I was boiling over again.

     I quickly managed to get back to my feet that had given up on me, but I wouldn’t give up on them.

     For the first time I couldn’t even feel my legs or feet even though I was standing on them. I was afraid I would fall even if I took another step, but I had to even if it meant falling into Hell.

     With quivering lips of fury and remorse, I looked in to Jiyong’s reddened eyes boldly.

     “I’ve been talking to the wrong person all this time Jiyong and that was you. I need to talk to the power that is behind you and that is your father, right? Let me meet him,” I directly stated and Jiyong just looked at me like I was crazy, but I was fully in my right mind.

     “You can’t do that Jessica,” He told me as if he was chastising me and my shaky hands instantly became hardened fists.

     “Then are you saying you can? Didn’t you just that all you can do is what you did back there? That wasn’t .” I spoke with a venomous tone of voice that was like squeezing his heart right in my hands.

     “I know, but you can’t meet a person like him,” he begged to me with a hopeless face and I violently clawed the collar of his jacket to tug him close to me as I brought his face close to mines as I peered in his eyes.

     “We are talking about Taeyeon here Jiyong. The woman you are supposed to love and that child in her stomach, it could be yours Jiyong. If you don’t let me meet your ing father, you are killing Taeyeon and your own child right now. I’m ready to risk it all, but it seems you aren’t,” I spoke roughly on my lips that were humid from my rain fall of tears hitting them.

     Jiyong was speechless with parted lips that couldn’t even take in a breath as I was boldly declaring to save Taeyeon and he brought his hands on my wrist lightly.

      “Let me meet your father. Take me to him now.” I stated louder and gripped his collar even tighter as I shook him, begging him. He dropped his head and nodded as tears rolled down his face.

      “I will let you meet him,” He barely spoke and I pushed him away from me as I inhaled deeply for air.

     I looked away from him at Taeyeon and brought my hand up to wipe away the rain from my eyes, because I was about to make it a clearer day.

***

     I was now standing in front of wooden double doors on a vacant hallway with my legs endlessly shivering.

     Jiyong had carried Taeyeon while she was still asleep to a private bedroom and he guaranteed me that she would be safe since he posted body guards at her door and he would stay with her.

     This being the mafia nest, I’m sure they had plenty of body guards.

     Quickly, I shook my head. I had to get rid of this judgmental thinking. I was about to meet the man who rules this mafia. The kingpin!

     Why am I so nervous? Just knock on the door already Jessica if you want to save Taeyeon!

     I was pressuring myself so much that my heart was banging against my chest, wanting to knock on the door for me so this would be all over and done with.

     Finally, I shut my eyes and pressed my lips together as I quickly brought my fist up, knocking on the door three times. Just as quick, I tucked my hand right by my side and lowered my head with shut eyes.

      “You may enter,” I heard the sound of a sophisticated rugged voice speak through the door and I opened my eyes shocked.

     Since I was looking down, I saw my hands shaking as if I was about to have a seizure myself and I grabbed my hands desperately for it to stop.

      “Stop it,” I whispered to myself and I slowly looked back at the doors. With one inhale, I puffed my lungs up with courage and exhaled out the strength that followed as I brought my hand to the golden lever handle doorknob.

     I shunned all nervousness the moment I twisted the doorknob and pushed it open.

     With a serious face that only read determination, I stepped into the room and shut the door behind me.

     My eyes rose from a large burgundy vintage rug on white tile to a large brown desk where a man was starting to stand up from behind in his chair.

     He looked different from what I was thinking he would look. Before I came here, Jiyong told me his father was a serious man who just turned 48 this year and he was strictly about business.

     Unlike the stereotypes that the kingpins in the mafia are fat and rough looking, he was fit, suave and neat looking with a handsome face. If I had to compare him to anyone, it would be the actor Lee Byung Hun.

     His pants were black pin stripe pants and he wore a black suit jacket that was buttoned by one button in the middle over a white dress shirt that wasn’t buttoned all the way either.

      “Welcome Jessica Jung. I was informed just a while ago that you wished to talk to me. Since I have granted a past favor from Jiyong for you, I have accepted your request. Please take a seat,” he spoke professionally as he maneuvered around his desk to in front of a black leather couch set that I just noticed to be there in his office.

     My feet were glued to the floor for a minute or two and I just simply nodded as I walked over to the couch and I sat across from him as we took our seats at the same time.

     I really don’t know what I was expecting…it just wasn’t this. It felt too easy.

      “I-I am Jessica Jung,” I stuttered and I mentally pimp slapped myself for saying that. He just welcomed you with your name dumb !!!

     He broke a smile for me as he laughed lightly. Oh my god! I am even ing intimidated by his laugh, but wait he just laughed!

     I simply tilted my head and smiled from my own embarrassment as I crossed my legs, trying to look cool. Think seriously Jessica. Think business. No, think mafia style! Exactly.

     I finally dropped my smile and seriously sat up.

      “Mr. Kwon before I get to my request may I ask you a question?” I spoke seriously and he softly smiled as he crossed his hands like he was having a good time watching me. What am I, a freak show?

      “You may. Please keep in mind that I am short on time. I have somewhere important to go soon,” He spoke just as seriously and I blinked. Crap, I better hurry up.

      “Why did you allow Jiyong to help me?” I asked and he widened his legs as he sat more comfortable in his chair.

      “Help you with what?” He asked.

     Well aren’t you the one who told me you are short on time?

     I inhaled and silently exhaled, before I replied. “Help with the issues that I had with Tyler Kwon.”

      “Darling you’ve never really paid much attention to the last name, did you?”He asked me as if I was his daughter and I looked down, taking a moment to think.

     I finally looked up, just realizing it but that was common here in Korea. “Yes, I have just realized that Tyler shares the same surname. That is common here in Korea.”

      “No wonder he had you fooled all this time. You are too narrow minded sweetheart,” He breathed out as if he was tired and leaned forward with his forearms resting on his knees as he interlaced his fingers.

     I just stood there kind of taken aback that he just slapped me and soothed me at the same time by calling me narrow minded and sweetheart in one sentence.

      “Fooled?” I just asked in a baffled manner as I tried to swallow the words I really wanted to say to this rude kingpin.

      “Yes, fooled. You see darling, have you ever really met all his family and I am not talking about his mommy and daddy,” He spoke in that same chastising voice and I bit the inside of my cheek to control myself. If I was Taeyeon, I would have straightened him out the first time.

      “No, of course not. I would have met them once…we properly got married,” I spoke almost painfully as the memories of him forcing me to marry him came back in my mind.

      “You are right, that means we would have met another time,” He said and then took in a deep breath before he stood up.

     My head lifted up to follow his face as he walked over to a scenery window that had the curtains drawn back.

     I got up and followed behind him, in which I saw it was the view of a lake, which reminded me of Jaejoong now. I had shunned all these thoughts a long time ago, but they seem to be coming back now.

      “What do you mean?” I asked confused as I tilted my head a bit dumb founded.

      “Tyler was my nephew darling. The mafia he had a connection with was my mafia. Do you understand now?” He asked as he stuck his hands in his pocket and I was just slapped on my other cheek as my eyes widened.

      “N-Nephew?” I asked with a bit of laugh, but I was just in disbelief.

      “I am not joking darling. I was bound to punish that fool one day. And, you almost married into the mafia family, well you did but now no one can prove it, can they?” He asked me as he now turned around, looking at me with those serious russet eyes.

      “And besides…don’t you already know a secret already for why I would help you?” He asked me as I was tracing the facts in my head.

     I do remember that one time I went to Tyler’s auntie house there was a topic brought up about an uncle and they immediately stopped talking about it when I came in the room.

     I thought they were talking about some secret family business about his other uncles…so it was him all this time.

     He was right, I am narrow minded.

     I blinked multiple times as he brought up the secret and I was just about to shake my head.

      “Don’t lie to me darling. I don’t do favors for people that lie to me,” He whispered in a voice that almost scared me enough that even my spine wanted to crawl out of my back.

      My hands began to shiver again and I quickly held them as I meekly nodded.

     “Who told you? Was it your mother?” He asked me and I shook my head.

      This secret had to do with how I found out Jiyong was involved with the mafia and the reason I broke up with him in our trainee days.

      Mr. Kwon’s eyes widened in surprise and then looked at me quite stunned. “Charlie told you?” He asked with amazement, using my father’s first name and I nodded.

     “It was because you two were dating, right?” He asked and I popped my head up, but then lowered it. Of course he would know. He is Jiyong’s father after all.

      Once more I nodded.

     “I see…that is very interesting to know,” He expressed with a breathy exhale and I looked up to see him wickedly smirking to himself.

      Yes, my father told me an important fact, a secret about Jiyong. I was quite shocked to know about it, but it didn’t seem to affect our lives so I thought it wasn’t a big of a deal.

     “Tell me of this request that you wish to make now,” his voice seemed to echo and bounce off the walls of his office as I suddenly looked up, reminded of my main reason for coming here.

     I swallowed all lost fears and looked at him completely determined. He was our last hope…he was Taeyeon’s last hope.

      “My request is to protect my group member and my best friend Kim Taeyeon,” I stated seriously and he pushed his bottom lip out as he nodded, showing he was still listening.

      “How do you wish for me to do that?” He asked simply as he turned back around to look out at the view of the lake, which made me worried that he wouldn’t do this…because this was a bit daring.

      “Taeyeon is pregnant and Mr. Youngmin is planning to make her have an abortion according to what is in our contract as an SM Employee. I wish for you to stop him by exposing him and Lee Soo Man’s treacherous deeds against her and other Idols in the past,” I spoke with certainty as he brought his hands behind his back.

      “You want me to destroy SM Entertainment?” He asked me still in a relaxed voice as if it was nothing and I widened my eyes as I quickly stepped forward.

      “No! Of course not!” I quickly corrected him.

      “I just want you to make Mr. Youngmin and Lee Soo Man pay for what they did not only to my best friend, but me and the rest of the idols who are under SM. You don’t know what that man has done. He is a monster!” I exclaimed and I brought my hand to my mouth, noticing I let my emotions get out of hand.

     Finally he turned around, looking back at me with darker eyes that looked as if they murdered an entire population before and that he would do it again.

      “What makes you think I am not a monster also?” He asked me and I stepped back, unsure what to say. I just bit down on my bottom lip nervously.

      “This request you ask of me, I cannot do,” he finally answered and I felt he let go of my hand that he caught when I was about to fall off a cliff.

     I was parched for the moment as I opened my mouth, taking in a breath that shattered my voice box to the point I couldn’t even speak.

      “W-Why can’t you?” I finally asked when he was about to walk away from me and he stopped, bringing his eyes back on me that made me shiver.

      “You being a business woman these days, you ought to know how powerful Lee Soo Man is. Mr. Youngmin is just his puppet, but Lee Soo Man has done many favors to political parties and even more to the Seven Star Mob. Sure, he has done many sinister deeds to idols, but isn’t that all music label CEO’s? Aren’t you asking me to stop the corrupt when I am one of those corrupt ones? ” He asked me, showing me he wanted me to think, since he sees me as a narrow minded person.

     So…he wasn’t going to do it. He wasn’t going to help Taeyeon. There really is no hope for us.

     My eyes began burn from the tears threatening to fall since I knew what Taeyeon would tell me right now if she was in her right mind.

“I see…I see a senile woman who was once my very best friend. I see disappointment, because you even let everyone down including me.

      “YG Entertainment isn’t like that,” I quickly tried to say something before I was about to explode in tears right now in front of him because I was a failure.

      “You are already narrow minded enough. Don’t lie to yourself to make it worse. If you are talking about any or ion case, think about it like this. What country or even state can say they haven’t had any? Now think, what label hasn’t had any? Who would risk their money to openly say their most loved idol was by one of their employees. All the blame would be on the CEO. So this is what I am saying, why should I take the blame for exposing and destroying the core of SM? Why should I do that for a narrow minded person like you!” he was yelling at me and I never felt so inferior till now.

     I was starting shake like an earth quake as the rain was falling in those cracks of shame while he had a finger pointed at me.

      Right now I really just wanted to just disappear off the face of the planet. I wish I never existed like Taeyeon said I shouldn’t have.

      But…I can’t…because I promised.

‘I promise you that I will always be your friend. I will always be by your side.’

      The moment I raised my hands up to hide my crying face, I dropped them and looked at him strongly, angrily. I don’t care who you are.

     “I am not narrow minded! It is you who is narrow minded!” I exclaimed and my blood was boiling.

     “You are not doing this for me you ing idiot! None of these tears you see falling from my ing eyes are for me! It is for Kim Taeyeon! She is the only person I care for in this entire ing universe. I no longer care for myself so why should I be here asking for this for myself you narrow minded . I stand here today as a sacrifice for even being in your presence. So if you aren’t going to do it, don’t say you won’t do it for me, but for Kim Taeyeon. At least get it right even if you don’t do it,” I cried out at him as I pounded on my chest, where there was this great amount of pain.

     I shut my eyes tightly to catch the tears and lowered my head as I shook it, losing my mind.

      “You are just like your mother.”

     Those words made me choke on my own tears as I slowly looked up at him, passing me by to go back to his desk.

      “I’m sure your mother never told you how she got involved with the Seven Star Mob, did she?” He asked me and I slowly turned around, seeing him putting on a watch on his wrist.

     I was shaking from the insides of my bones, so I couldn’t even attempt to talk if it meant for my teeth to clack against one another.

      “Just like how you came here today; your mother came begging for a request, a request to save not her but her pitiful friend who got lost in debt from another street gang. She first was nervous, serious, remorseful, bold and then fearless in this same direct order like you,” He spoke with marvel as he was now walking up to me, in which I just looked in his eyes wrathful.

     I instantly shivered when he brought his large hand towards my face and pressed his thumb lightly on my chin and used his index finger underneath to lift my head up more by force.

      “And, just like you she was beautiful, extremely beautiful. That was the only way she was able to see me and further more the reason I accepted her request,” he whispered to me and then leaned into my ear as I began to breathe deeply.

      “If I was to accept your request just like I did your mother, what do I get out of it?” He asked me and a single tear that felt so painful fell, and I would have even thought I was bleeding from my eyes.

      “You can have everything I have…my career, my shares, my company or whatever you want,” I whispered and I really felt I really let go of everything and now I had nothing, not even myself.

     Perhaps, it wouldn’t hurt as badly as this if I knew I had Taeyeon by my side forever, but once she remembers everything she will still hate me and she will leave me. Even if I saved her this time, it doesn’t make up for what was lost in the beginning.

     He got even closer to my ear that my heart was beginning to drum and I was even afraid he would hear it.

      “That’s not even close to what I want,” He whispered and I shut my eyes as I rubbed my lips together in complete misery. Please tell me…not again.

      “Then what is it that you want?” I asked back in a whisper, a frightened whisper and he pulled away, looking in my eyes within a few inches from my face.

      “I want you,” He said and I released a small laugh. Isn’t this what all men want, right?

     He released my chin and then tucked my dangling blue hair behind my ear as I was just breathless, speechless.

     He nastily smirked at me before he tucked his hands deep in the pockets his pants, before he turned around and I knew what this cue meant.

     I might as well get this over with. It’s not like I haven’t sold my body before…and not even close to amount of times Taeyeon has. I deserve this.

     Calmly, I brought my hands to the first button of my blouse and began ing it but I instantly froze before the button could push it out the hole.

      “I want you to become my Daughter In Law. I want you to marry Jiyong,” He said and all the thoughts that had been rushing back and forth in my head instantly were put on brakes so fast that my mind had its own whip lash.

      “W-What?” I asked breathlessly as the room began to spin slowly and I tried so hard to have a straight mind, but I already lost it.

     “You are the ideal woman I want Jiyong to be with, a business woman, a fearless woman, and even more a woman that knows his deepest secrets. You were bound to be connected to the mafia family either way, no you always have been the moment your mother came here begging to me a long time ago,” He spoke softly as he began to walk back toward me and the sound of his shoes stepping on the floor intensified my heart beat that was racing in a speed drift race.

     “If you want me to help your Taeyeon, help my Jiyong. You two will start seeing one another and get to know one another just like you were when you were younger. But, it is certain you two will get married soon. Now…will you say I do?” He asked me mockingly and I looked up at his face in complete horror.

     Why must mankind be so evil? H-How could he want me to marry Jiyong? He know the connection that we share and despite he wants us to still get married because of that connection?

     He then walked back over to his desk as I was just trying not to pass out at this point while I was retracing the facts in my head. I know why he was doing this. My dad told me he loved my mother, but she wouldn’t go to him. Was this his revenge?

     I saw him pick up his cell phone and he made a call as he held it to his ear.

      “Hello Mr. Youngmin, this is Mr. Kwon, I would like to inform you to stay away from Kim Taeyeon. I have a deal that is in the middle of processing stage with a very important client and if that deal doesn’t break in, I will give you Taeyeon.”

     He was putting me in a corner, no; he has put me in a corner.

      “Yes, that is correct.  I will give you Taeyeon if the deal doesn’t break through. Alright, I will inform you when the final decision is made. Thank you for your time,” He spoke and made the call so easily to Mr. Youngmin as I had knife to my neck in this deal.

     H-How could I marry Jiyong? Just how could I?

      “So what will it be Mrs. Kwon?” He asked me and I suddenly felt the need to throw up. My face began to feel hot as I brought my hand to my mouth as I shook my head with tears blurring my vision till I screamed loudly from shock when the door was knocked on.

      “That’s my cue to leave now. I’ll give you till tomorrow midnight to make your final decision. Till then I will protect Taeyeon for you, but only till then. Have a nice evening Jessica. Would you like to leave first?” He asked me as he held his hand out for me and I quickly turned around, opening up the door where a man in a suit also was there.

     I quickly ducked my head under him and ran out to only jump back with a muffled scream in my hand.

      “Taeyeon said she wanted to see you no matter what,” Jiyong quickly said as he stood behind Taeyeon, while she looked at me with worried eyes.

      “Jessica,” She immediately called out my name as she reached to grab by arm and I pulled away from her just as quickly. My own eyes widened and Jiyong looked at me quite startled himself.

     I couldn’t take it anymore.

      “Go away…please just go away!” I screamed losing my mind and it felt like my head with explode in any minute.

      Instantly, I ran in the opposite direction down the hallway and Jiyong starting to run after me. The more I kept running, the more I started to feel myself spinning.

       “Please leave me alone!” I kept screaming through tears till he grabbed my arm from behind and the moment he turned me around, I only sniffled as my vision was starting to fade.

       “What the hell did he say to Jessica! Tell me!” He was shaking me uncontrollably while he held me with both of his hands on the side of my arms and I just shook my head in defeat till there was nothing but darkness.

      If this was death, I would welcome it with open arms. I didn’t want to wake up…I wasn’t ready to. This is just too much.