Chapter 11

Our Timing

I went to the snacks section immediately. Pepero sticks, choco-pie, onion rings, shrimp crackers, Ddeokbokki Chips, potato chips and the list goes on. Ah, yeokshi it was my only happy time. Then I went to the ice cream section and grab my favourite ice cream: mango. But when I was going to grab the ice cream, a pair of hands appeared out of nowhere.

‘’You can take it’’

‘’No, you can take it’’

‘’But it’s your favourite ice cream’’

‘’And so do you’’

‘’It’s the last one’’

‘’For you’’

‘’Jonghyun ah’’

‘’It’s okay, I can take the melon one too. Just take it, it’ll be my present’’

‘’Alright, thanks’’ I replied

And here we go, awkwardness all over again.

‘’Did you eat yet?’’

It’s such a simple question but yet I have to think about what I am going to answer. Because I know that’s he’s going to ask if I want to eat with him or not. I do want to but I don’t want to at the same time.  Maybe I should since he’s my friend and I haven’t seen him in a long time.

‘’No, you?’’

‘’Me neither, do you want to go eat together?’’

‘’Yeah sure’’

--

‘’Bulgogi house?’’ I asked

‘’Yeah, wasn’t your favourite place?’’

‘’Yeah, I just didn’t expect you to bring us here haha. Remember the last time, when you were fighting with Hyun woo?’’

‘’OH that haha, I told you, it was only for fun’’ replied Jong hyun

‘’Yeah right~. Ahjumma, one bottle of soju please!’’

 ‘’Oh since when did our Ah young drinks? Haha!’’

‘’Why? Can’t I?’’

‘’No it’s just the last time, we were still kids but now we’re drinking’’

‘’Ahh it’s true but soju goes well with meat!’’

‘’I know right? Can I say something?’’ said Jong hyun

‘’Go ahead? Haha’’

‘’Honestly, at first, I thought you changed because you seems so cold to me but now I don’t think you changed that much’’

‘’I’m sorry if I was cold to you, you know I’m pretty serious about work’’

Okay it was not the only reason why I was cold to him. I was cold because I didn’t want to be too friendly with him but I guess it’s not going to work because I still consider him as my friend.

‘’It’s okay, it’s good to have you back. Back then, why did you give ..?

I knew he was going to ask about our friendship rings that I gave him back. So I changed the subject

‘’So what’s up? How are you doing with Sena?’’

‘’Sena?? What do you mean’’

‘’Oh did you break up with her?’’

‘’Uh she’s my cousin haha.’’

‘’Wait what? I thought you were together, she even said that she was your girlfriend back then’’

‘’She was joking around’’ he rolled his eyes

‘’LOL, so do you have a girlfriend?’’