✰Renni

Glamour|Indie Entertainment's New Girlgroup| Story Starting

tumblr_mc7mjzLE521ru2dfj.gif
Renni
"Sweetest the strain when in the song. The singer has been lost" - Elizabeth Stuart Phelps Ward


tumblr_mc7mjzLE521ru2dfj.gif

Adrienne Feng stopped in front of the two double oak doors picking up the pen that attached to the door. She placed her bag on the floor next to her and wrote her name in perfect hagul on the paper that was stuck to the corkboard. After placing the pen back on top of the clipboard, she blew out an anxious breathe out. Her anxiety had been through the ceiling the whole week. Today were the auditions for the permanent line up to the company’s girlgroup, Glamour. Nothing could help calm down her anxiety not even a warm mug of tea or her friend’s joke.

She almost had a panic attack because her voice cracked during a vocal warm up earlier this week. Although she had been reassured by the vocal coach, Jung Gayun that she would be fine, she didn’t feel fine.

Adrienne walked into the room scanning the room for a spot where she could sort out her thoughts. The Chinese girl barely had time to pick a song and when she did, she didn’t get approval from the vocal coach. Her stomach twisted in knots when she thought about her time to debut. She wasn’t ready at all. She waved to a couple of trainees she knew before picking a spot in the further back.

A few times the thought of running out of the room had crossed her mind before she shook her head. She was lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice a soft tap on her shoulder. Adrienne looked up and smiled greeting Kwon Jiyeon. She had met Jiyeon while they were both doing vocal class. They were doing warm ups when Jiyeon had complemented the Chinese girl on her blouse she was wearing. Adrienne thanked her in English on accident but the girl had picked up on it, replying with your welcome. The older girl had smiled at her with a knowing look in her eye. From there on, the girls became good friends and only talked in English when they felt like it.

                “Can I sit here?” she asked smiling holding a donut in one hand and a steaming cup of tea in the other.

She totally forgot about stopping by the small refreshment table where multiple breakfast snacks and drinks were placed. They were placed there by the staff for the trianees as a gift for their hardwork or simply if they were hungry. Adrienne moved her bag of the seat next to her and nodded her head. Jiyeon smiled thanking her and sat down. The girl next to her tapped her feet while biting into a small donut. Maybe she wasn’t the only one nervous.

                “I swear this is like that scene in the Harry Potter books when it’s time for the hat to pick their house.” Jiyeon spoke in English giggling.

Adrienne raised her eyebrow looking at the older girl before laughing. If she remember correctly from listening to her best friend talk about the books then Jiyeon was right. Before Adrienne could reply, five people walked into the room. Adrienne recognized them as Jung Gayun, the vocal coach, Itou Ami, the dance coach, Bae Kiso, the rap coach, and the CEO herself, Im Eunji.

The four women took a seat at the table that was set up in the medium sized practice room. Immediately the lively chatter in the room intensely came to an end. The atmosphere turned from light and good to stiff and tense.

The silver haired CEO leaned forward from her seat and cleared gaining everyone’s attention.

                “Good morning, as you all know, today is the only audition for the permanent line up of our upcoming girlgroup, Glamour.” She paused folding her hands and looking at the group of tired trainees.  

                “Today is the day where you put your skills to the test and show us what you’ve got. Guys I want you to, as the Americans say, Just Bring it or was it Turn Up.” Eunji smiled continuing.

Adrienne laughed along with the other trainees at their CEO’s lame joke. Although unintentionally or intentionally, it seem to make the room less tense.

                “Before we start this, feel free to eat more refreshments. After today, I think it would be nice for the trainees to have a break from training.” Eunji spoke looking at her co-workers

They laughed and nodded.

                “Did you just think about this?” Bae Kiso asked laughing holding a cup of coffee in her hand.

Eunji smiled and shrugged her shoulders before looking back at the trainees “I guess I can do that because, well, Naega Jeil Jal Naga.”

The trainees seemed to become more relaxed at Im Eunji’s poor jokes. The atmosphere had lightened a little bit also making Adrienne’s own anxiety become less bad.

                “Okay, let’s start this. Good luck! Trainees Fighting!” Ami spoke picking up a thick manila folder.

Adrienne sat up straighter as the first name was called. Adrienne recognized her as a dancer who was rather good at dancing. Adrienne focused on the way she moved effortlessly across the small space she was allowed to move in. Jiyeon who sat next to her turn towards her,

                “We should do a song together.” Nora spoke gaining the girls attention

Adrienne looked away from the trainee’s performance. She frowned slightly contemplating the idea in her head. It wouldn’t be completely bad but would the judges allowed it.

                “It sounds good but would they allow it?” she asked

                “I think so, it’s a good idea. Besides we both are top of our vocal class.” Jiyeon spoke smiling and bumped her shoulder against Adrienne’s’.  

                 “I don’t know.” Adrienne spoke rubbing her aching temples. Maybe she could do a small duet with Jiyeon, it really didn’t sound like a bad idea.

                “What, we practiced together enough times and we harmonize pretty well.” Jiyeon further explained

                “What song did you have in mind?” Adrienne asked

                “I was thinking ‘Tell me bout it by Joss Stone’.” Jiyeon told her readjusted her position on the couch and turning her body more towards Adrienne.

Adrienne raised her eyebrows for the second time that day and smile. They both knew the song by heart and it had made its way into her ‘Recently Added’ Iphone playlist.

                “That doesn’t sound like a bad idea actually.” Adrienne smiled high fiving the girl.

Both girls turned back towards another trainee singing  2NE1’s ‘Come Back Home’. They watched trainee after trainee take the center in the room while waiting for one of their names to be called.

                “Adrienne Feng.” Jung Gayun called

Adrienne looked at Jiyeon who nodded at her, she got from her seat followed by the older girl. They stopped short in front of the small panel of judges and bowed.

                “I didn’t know there were two Adrienne Fengs.” Bae Kiso laughed

                “No, we were actually hoping to audition together. Like a duet, with the song, Tell Me Bout It by Joss Stone.” Jiyeon smiled standing beside Adrienne.

                “Is that so?” Im Eunji questioned looking at Adrienne “You are okay with this.”

                “Of course I am.” Adrienne nodded

Jung Gayun whispered something Eunji’s ear before looking at the two smiling.

                “Well I’ve heard you two are the top of your class, so I guess I can allow this. “Eunji spoke folding her hands. Both girls grabbed the mics that were handed to them and Jiyeon gave a thumbs up to Adrienne as she began to count off from four. After the word one left , the trainee who was holding the guitar began to strumming the first chord of the song.


(Dohye (Brunette) - Jiyeon, Hyei (Blonde) - Adrienne)

After the song ended, both girls held hands, breathing out a sigh of relief. They watched each judge looking for a sign of distaste or anything negative, though there didn’t seem to be any.

                “What did you think?” Adrienne asked squeezing Jiyeon hand.

Her anxiety was back full force and her stomach was back in knots.

                “That was impressive.” Gayun spoke “I really didn’t think you would pull it off. The improvements I’ve been telling you the both of you have really showed today. Good job.”

                “They harmonize so well together.” Eunji added smiling

Both girls hugged each other and went back to their seats beaming. The knots in her stomach seemed to disappear as she walked back with Jiyeon. All the hard work had paid off including the days where she wanted to give up entirely.  


Author's Note
Hey there lovlies, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and let's welcome our first member, one of Glamour's main vocalist, Adrienne Feng, (Renni). I'm really sorry I made this chapter so long. I was up at 3 in the morning and I couldn't sleep and I just wrote this on a whim. I really hoped I wrote Adrienne and Jiyeon to your liking. I always thought it would be cool if two trainees auditioned together, anyway, I wrote Adrienne's chapter and Jiyeon will get a chapter too. Thank you soo much to those who applied. I will probably have the second chapter out either Friday or next week. I also, changed the layout and I like it alot better. Take a look at the other chapters and see how it is.