chapter 2

Hidden Secrets

As soon as they arrived in Aesook's room, Min went to look for bags. "Leave. I'm not going to bring anything with me, so dont worry." Min was taken aback, but left in a hurry. Aesook slumped into her bed, giving out a loud huff of anger. Soon after, Kris entered. "We're leaving." was all he spoke as he left the room. leaving? I thought i have until dusk? Angered, Aesook jumped out from her room to swiftly grab Kris' wrist before he completely disappeared. Kris' eyes darted to her hand that was placed on her wrist. With little strength, he broke free and slipped his hands into his pockets. rude much? "Hey, i thought i had until dusk?" Aesook was careful with her tone, as his gaze was piercing right through her. He closed his eyes for a brief moment before turning around to release a snark comment. "You didnt need to pack right? What do you need here? As i can see it, you hate it here." Aesook's nose flared. What right does he have to say that? "You belong to me now. I can do what i want." Kris' lips turned into a lop-sided grin. He walked closer and grasped her chin between his thumb and index finger. He dangerously leaned closer and blew air into her ear, huskily whispering to her. "so act like it, an object." Kris pulled away with a sharp glare. What the hell? Aesook's face glowed red with anger and embarassment.

In the next few moments, Kris and Aesook were on their way. Aesook had made sure to say goodbye to Hee before she left. She would probably be the only person she would miss. Aesook's parents had prepared a carriage with one horse for their travel home. Aesook huffed as she was in a confined place with Kris. She stared outside the iwndow ignoring his presence. i'm so tired. Aesook sighed, feeling her body ready to drift away. Soon enough, her head thumped against the wall of the carriage. Hearing the soft thumps, Kris turned his gaze to meet the sleeping beauty. He took notice of her obvious features, and even her small imperfections. His eyes drifted to her cat-like lips as he let out a breath. "Stupid girl" he muttered underneath his breath, as he turned his head away and shifted in his seat. "How can you sleep next to your enemy?" Kris softly muttered, cursing her in his mind.

Moments later, yelling was heard out of the carriage. Kris peeked his head out of the window, to see several soldiers coming their way. "Damn, i was careless." Kris spoke as he jumped out from the carriage and focused on the oncoming wave. He silently cursed himself as they had the advantage towards him. He was unarmed, without a weapon. Noticing a young man running towards his way faster than the others, he headed towards his way and dodge his swings. Swiftly, he brought his arm to knock the man down, using his legs to help speed the process. He took the hilt of the sword and held it in his palm, ready to fight the rest of the soldiers. By the time all the yelling increased, Aesook woke up from her short nap. Looking to her side, she had realized that Kris went missing. Did he ditch me alone? Pursing her lips at the thought, she diverted her attention to the yells and screams outside. Taking a quick peek, she scanned the crowd of people for the one male she had small connection with. Seeing a soldier behind him, ready to strike his ribs, Aesook shouted without thinking. "Kris!" Her yell caught the attention of the soldiers, as the captian signaled to head towards her. "The lady!" the captain signaled as the soldiers retreated from Kris and ran towards Aesook. "Stupid girl!" Kris cursed her loudly as he ran and tried to knock down as many soldiers as he could. He kept swinging the sword back and forth, killing the soldiers one by one.

Aesook ran out of the carriage, as that was her best bet to get away from them. She silently cursed herself for wearing a dress, but also running in heels. Today was not her luck, and she wanted to scream and yell. Scared, she tried her best to run furthur away from them. To no avail, they ran faster and caught up to her tail. Kris knew he wouldnt make it on time, and he needed to reach her. He wouldnt let them get a hold of her, but he wasnt certain now. "Damn, where is Zi Tao when i need him?" muttering to himself, he kept running and slashing. Aesook looked around as she saw she was surrounded by men. I'm so scared. She crouched down and threw her hands over her head. Never in her life had she experienced something like this, and she wish she was just dreaming. But this was real. "Bring her alive!" the captain yelled, telling his subordinates to not kill her. Aesook was shaking in fear, but something had caught her attention. Kris? She looked up to see him baring his sword at the males surrounding them. Kris jerked Aesook onto her feet, as she almost stumbled on herself. "We need to get to the horse." Kris spoke, loud enough for only her to hear. "How? Its almost 100 meters away." Aesook cried out, afraid of the moments to come. Kris let out a big sigh, before whispering to her. "Trust me and just run with all you have in you." He spoke. Without giving her a chance to process what he had said, Kris began to run and knock away soldiers that were blocking them. "Line the archers!" the captain yelled out. This led to Kris cursing everything. Soon enough, they made it and Kris cut the rope that connected the carriage to the horse. "Get on" Kris didnt give her a chance to step onto the horse, before he threw her body over the horse. Aesook settled down near the mane, as Kris climbed next and sat behind her. He gestured the horse to run, as it ran at full speed. Kris glanced back to see the line of archers knocking their arrow in, and ready to fire. "Duck down." Kris commanded, as Aesook leaned her body against the horse. Arrow after arrow, they fell close to them. One arrow  lodged itself in Kris' shoulder, as he in a deep breath.

As they were a safe distance away from the soldiers, the horse began to slow down. It was tired from carrying two bodies at once. Kris was mentally and physically tired from the moments before. Gently, he lifted his hands to pull out the arrow that was in his shoulder, and threw it on the ground as they passed by. Pain rippled through his body from the opening of his wound. Aesook had her eyes fixed at the road ahead of them as she realized that she was riding one horse with Kris. What am i thinking? And i cant believe all of this happened. Pressing her lips down into a fine line, she heard deep breathing from behind her. Turning her head, Aesook saw Kris' shirt soaked in blood. It hit her then that it was Kris' blood, not the countless soldiers he had killed before. "You're hurt!" she stated the obvious, as she gazed at Kris' usual resting face. He didnt bother to answer her, or talk to her. I was just trying to help you. Aesook huffed and turned her head to look straight again, not caring if he bled to death. "I dont need help." Kris spoke in an arrogant tone. "Clearly you do." Aesook sent a smart comment straight back to him, making him more annoyied than he already was. "What can you do? Crouch down and cry? You're like a baby, you cant do anything. Matter of fact, Aegi suits you better than Aesook." This was the most Kris had ever said to her, and it pissed Aesook off even more. Aegi? Baby? I'm not a baby. "Well fine then goldielocks, i hope you bleed to death." Aesook muttered loud enough for him to hear.