chapter 1

Hidden Secrets

He gently carassed her face as he placed one last gentle kiss to her forehead. "Be safe." he whispered, as his heart constricted against his ribcage. She closed her eyes gently savoring the moment of peace, before he brought his lips away.

"Princess Sook!" the girl's caretaker for seventeen years yelled for the still-sleeping girl. Still keeping her eyes closed, her lips pressed down gently against each other. It was just a dream? It felt so real. She pulled the cover over her face with a frown. "Hey wake up." Sunhee, Aesook's caretaker, called out for her. Ugh. Aesook struggled against Sunhee's grasp. "Hee! I'm awake!" groaning, she flipped the blanket off of her body. Aesook glared directly at Sunhee, although it didnt bother her. "You know, seventeen years with you makes a big difference." Pursing her lips, Eun opened to talk back, but closed it. Because my parents never cared. Shrugging the feeling off, Aesook sat up in her bed as Sunhee went to draw her bath. Placing her feet on the cold ground, she followed Sunhee into her bathroom. Warm water was flowing into the round bathtub as steam flowed out. "It's alright Hee, I got it." The older woman stepped up and bowed, smiling towards her. Hee knew if she wasnt going to listen then it would start as an argument. Aesook liked being independant, which Hee admired. Most princesses were stuck up, but Aesook was something else.

Setting her right foot into the bath rub, Aesook tested the water. It was warm, but not too hot. Just the right temperature for her bath. Aesook placed her body into the water as she let the water cover her whole body, relaxing her muscles. If only i could stay here. Closing her eyes, she was thinking about her dream. "Who was he?" Aesook muttered to herself. As she was deep into thought, a knock came from the bathroom door. "You have a meeting with the King and Queen in twenty miss." One of the new maids had told her. Recently, the queen had hired more maids for Aesook, although she only needed Hee by her side. "Alright." was all Aesook spoke as she released herself from the bath. Covering her body with a towel, she walked out of the bathroom deep into thought. My parents want to see me? What for? Aesook was beyond confused, as her parents never requested an audience with her unless it was important. The new maid came closer to Eun, holding a towel close to her hair. "You can hand me the towel, I can do it myself." The new maid was reluctant, but handed her the towel. "Whats your name?" Aesook asked. She was new, but Aesook felt that the maid was a little off. "Min, I started yesterday." the maid bowed. "Min? Nice to meet you." Aesook smiled at Min, taking her in suprise. Her hand is covered. Why? Min saw her looking at her hand, then pulled them behind her back. Aesook was confused at her actions. Exactly what is she trying to hide? "I'll go get a dress for you." Min offered. "No, its okay." Aesook responded. She didnt want to come off rude, but it just happened to sound like it.

After she finished drying her hair, she went to her wardrobe that was lining with rows of dresses. Min stood at the entrance awkwardly, and Aesook could feel it. "Min, could you help me choose?" Min eyes twinkled after Aesook asked. Min went through dress by dress, holding it up by Aesook. Although she didnt fancy it, Aesook enjoyed watching Min have fun. It was amusing to her. "This one!" Min cheekily smiled as she held up a simple peach-colored dress that stopped mid-thigh. It was strapless and elegant, made of silk fabric. Min exited as Aesook slipped on the dress. Aesook's smile brightened as she gazed at herself in a nearby mirror. It's so beautiful. Aesook was still gawking at the dress. "Miss, are you done?" Min called out from behind the door. "Yeah." Aesook spoke as she left her wardrobe. "You look stunning!" Min exclaimed. "You picked a good dress." Aesook smiled at her. "I'll go grab some shoes then." Min scurried off before Aesook could argue with her.

Aesook sighed as shesat infront of her vanity mirror, brushing her hair. Her long black locks fell past her shoulders, and stopped a little past her elbows. "Miss, are these alright?" Min asked, bringing her a pair of white heels. I dont really like heels. Aesook scrunched her face up, but nodded regardless of her opinion. As Min slipped on her heels, Aesook was brought back to the time. "What time is it?" Aesook asked Min. She hastily glanced at the clock and realized that she would be a little late. Aesook jumped to her feet, almost knocking Min off her feet. "I have to hurry." Aesook bit down on her bottom lip as she rushed out of her room. Min followed after and took her wrist. "Let's go." Min began running with her. Suprisingly Min was faster than she was, and she was practically dragging Aesook off the ground. "We're not going to make it on time. I'll go buy some time for you." Min spoke, before she ran and left Aesook behind. Before she knew it, Min disappeared from her range of view. She was fast, almost too fast. Aesook thought as she kept running. Her feet pounded with every step on her heels.

Soon, Aesook pushed the large doors open as she took a deep breathe and walked in. Aesook had made sure she looked decent after running. "Young Miss have arrived." Min spoken. Aesook slowly dragged her feet to the middle of the room as she curtsy infront of her parents, and a stranger. "My dear, stand up." This was the first time she had hear her father use this kind of tone with her. Has he hit his head? Aesook lifted her head and stood proudly infront of them. "From this day on, I declare you wife of Prince Kris of the Kingdom of Eterima. Who? Aesook felt her soul leave her body as she gazed at the male. Golden locks, styled up carefully to make him look oh-so-handsome. Sharp jawline and enticing eyes that drew her in. Aesook snapped back into reality, before she could make connections with him. Aesook had noticed that Minwa s staring at Kris as if she was talking to him with her eyes. Aesook let out a cough, breaking their eye contact. "And so, you gave me up for what? gold?" Aesook was fuming with anger, as it was pooling inside her stomach. "And so, you need to know?" the male named Kris, spoke. Aesook took notice of his deep voice that drew shivers down her spine. His voice excited her, but pushed the feelings back. Kris smirked, taking notice of her silence. "Glad you listened to me. We leave at dusk tomarrow." He spoke two last sentences before he stopped talking to her. "Min, help her pack tonight." His voice sounded demanding, ever since he talked from the beginning. Min nodded in understandment, and gestured Aesook the way out. They both seem odd. He sounded more aquainted with Min. Aesook sighed at the moment that took place before she left the lair. She pressed her lips together, cursing life for the moments to come.