Pay Attention to Me

【░ ✮SPARK✮░ 】

Author Note: Do you guys remember when we had the JackMi separation drama and afterwards I said I've had enough drama for the remainder of the story? I meant it so what do you expect me to do about MarkJi problem? What Author-nim does best ;D♥ Enjoy this week's SPARK \o/
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Baby I miss you....
I can't stop thinking about you....
Can you please just talk to me.......
Please......


Were all things Mark wanted to say to Eunji but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He knew her just as well as she knew herself. Even if he sent these things to her, she wouldn't reply until she got her head straight and when that was he didn't know but he was sick of waiting.

Yugyeom plopped down next to him on the couch of the JYPE lounge room and waved happily but his face fell as he saw Mark clutching his phone with the cracked screen.

"Hyung what happened to your phone?"
"I dropped it a few days ago."

He stated dead pan and the giant maknae pouted and ruffled his blonde bangs. The rest of the boys were fully aware that something wasn't right with their eldest member but they didn't know how to handle it.

Mark was normally very independent and kept to himself alot. If he had a problem he'd always try to solve it himself but this was obviously one he couldn't fix alone. Yugyeom yelped as Jackson dove onto the couch and crawled onto Mark's lap and wrapped his arms around his neck lovingly.

"Mark Hyung♥"

He coo-ed sweetly and shook his best friend.

"Tell the Wang Puppy what's wrong~"

Jackson had pulled out his aegyo guns. If anyone could get Mark to talk it was Jackson and his idiotic ways. Anxiously waiting for an answer he frowned as Mark shrugged his shoulders and shoved him off his lap.

"Yah! Get back here Dimsum!"

He tripped over the table as he followed Mark out the door and down the stairs to the private practice rooms that even Youngjae couldn't fit into comfortably.

"I know that look hahaha"

Jinyoung took a seat next to Yugyeom who was upset his Hyung was so unhappy. You knew it was bad when Mark wasn't even in the mood to take a selfie.

"And this is why Yugyeommie I want you to stay young forever and not get a girlfriend okay? It's too complicated"
"What about you Hyung?"
"Oh I'll get a girlfriend...eventually but for now I'm learning what to and not to do from my children~"

Frustrated Jackson grabbed onto Mark's arm and tugged him to a halt.

"Dude okay seriously, what's up with you?"

Mark pulled his arm away roughly and turned to his best friend with his eyes dark and lost.

"Eunji broke up with me"
"WHAT?! WHY!?"

Jackson mentally slapped himself. He should've known something like this was happening when he locked him out of the room and the wicked witch hung her broom up way too early that day.

Mark shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged.

"She didn't tell me. She just broke up with me and kicked me out of her truck and I haven't heard from her since."

He chuckled lowly and shook his head.

"It man. It really ."

Jackson frowned and pulled Mark in for a strong hug and tapped his back comfortingly.

"Did you talk to Mimi?"
"Eunji told me not to and I couldn't do that to her anyway. She has enough to deal with."
"What is she dealing with? She has me!"
"Exactly"

Jackson's jaw dropped and Mark managed to chuckle at his own joke. This was a start. There was no way Eunji would just break up with him for absolutely no reason, especially not after how highly she spoke of him when he and her went out to buy his suit for Chunsung's wedding before.

She was a witch but not that wicked.

"Did you try talking to her?"
"Not really. I know even if I try she won't listen."
"Then make her listen."

Mark raised an eyebrow at Jackson's devious smile, the one that usually meant Jackson was thinking for once.

"How do I do that?"
"Do you know why Eunji loathes me so much?"
"Because you're annoying?"
"EXACTLY! Wait what? HEY screw you hahaha! BUT ANYWAY I demand attention and that's exactly what you're going to do my friend"


Eunji dragged her feet through out the house as Miyu made lunch. Sensing her sister's bad mood Miyu made Eunji's favorite foods at every meal in hopes of coaxing her to talk but it didn't work.

She called Mark and he said he had no idea why she was so bummed out but the way his voice sounded so vacant she couldn't believe him. She took her chances and tried to ask Jackson and he had the nerve to joke that maybe someone broke her broom or stole her cauldron.

"Did she tell you anything?"

Miyu asked Sarang as she sat patiently waiting for a piece of chicken and the little white dog shook her head and Miyu sighed. They turned their heads towards the door as the bell rung.

"Babe can you get that?"

Eunji dragged her feet ever so slowly towards the door and as she held the door knob she felt a slight pang of hope in her chest and when she opened that door the pang turned into shock.

"What the hell!?"

A delivery man was holding a massive white and brown teddy bear with a red bow around it's neck. It was literally the size of a costume that an adult male could fit in and her first thought was that it'd come alive and eat her sister.

"Cha Eunji?"
"Yes that's me"

She yelped as the man handed her the oversized toy and had her sign for it. Watching dumb founded as the delivery truck drove off Eunji closed the door and shushed Sarang who was barking at the bear.

There was a note attached to the ribbon and Eunji immediately recognized that atrocious hand writing of her boyfriend...ummm....ex.....

I Miss You Beary Much

She rolled her eyes at the corny message then she closed them as the familiar scent of the cologne she bought him wavered from the brown fur. Miyu came into the living room and yelped in surprise.

"Where'd that come from?? It's huge!"
"That's what she said but Mark gave it to me"
"Oh cute~ What's the occasion?"

She gasped as Eunji placed the giant bear in her arms and walked back to her room. Miyu stood there confused while holding the toy that was towering over her and Sarang chewed on it's stuffed leg.

Eunji closed the door behind her and rubbed her face with her hand exasperated. No Eunji be strong. You have to be strong.


Eunji slipped on her denim jacket and looked back at Miyu who was busy reading the manual to her new car on the couch. Her eyes wandered over to the giant bear sitting on the reclining chair and she shook her head.

"Babe you want anything from the store?"

Miyu looked up curiously from the book with her glasses sliding down her nose.

"You're actually going out today? Are you feeling better?"
"Eh. I need something fat and greasy and covered in chocolate"
"Make that two please!"

Eunji shrugged her shoulders and opened the door but froze as Miyu called her from the couch and she smiled sadly.

"Yes?"
"Eunji you know I love you right? And you're a really great sister and person....."
"I'm already getting you food what more do you want?"

Miyu frowned at her sister's clipped tone and Eunji sighed and apologized.

"I love you too Babe see you when I get back."

Skipping down the stairs Eunji looked over at her sister's new black sports Mustang and chuckled. She asked Daddy for a decent car not an extravagant one but let's be honest the truck was still the hottest.

She looked up at her cherished Escalade and she yelled in disbelief.

"Did You Hear Me? I Said I Miss You"

Was written on her wind shield with white paint and Eunji rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Did Mark really do that? That wasn't like him at all and worst of all he messed with her truck!

She whipped out her phone and shot him the first message she had since they last saw each other.

Eunji: What the hell is wrong with you?

But before it sent she quickly cancelled it. 

She cursed and sat in the driver seat and pressed the button on the side for wiper fluid and prayed that the paint would come off easily but no life wasn't fair and she had to clean it off herself.

Miyu looked up as someone knocked and she placed the manual down and shuffled towards the door in her fluffy slippers and as she opened it she raised an eyebrow.

Jackson waved happily with white paint on his face and when he spotted the giant teddy bear he frowned. It's supposed to be in Eunji's room!

"Pabo you actually used the door"

He chuckled as Miyu scratched at the dry paint on his face and it tickled.

"Why are you covered in paint?"
"I was helping Mark with a little project. Hey do you want to go out tonight?"

Miyu furrowed her brows and Jackson's eyes rounded. Well that wasn't the reaction he was expecting.

"I'd really like to but Eunji's been acting weird and I don't want to leave her alone."
"Come on Mimi~ I'm literally the only person in the world who hasn't seen the Avengers 2 yet! Please! PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE! I know you think Captain America's hot come on!!!"

That last part left a bad taste in Jackson's mouth but he continued to pout in full force. She needed to be out of the house tonight! Or if they're lucky until tomorrow....

"Fine just stop looking at me like that or your face will get stuck like that!"

He squealed excitedly and kissed her nose then hopped down the stairs waving. He groaned then his heel to run back up the stairs and Miyu gasped as he grabbed her face and kissed her lips softly.

"I love you you know that right?"
"Of course I do"
"And you know I'd do anything to make you happy right?"

She grabbed his hands and nodded happily and Jackson smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So are we going to take the bus or risk our lives in your new car?"
"Adventure Pabo adventure! I read the manual cover to cover and I got this"

He laughed and knuckled her head softly and he ran back down the stairs and shoved his hands in his pockets then looked back at her one last time.

"If I was making you unhappy you'd tell me right? You wouldn't just up and leave me without an explanation?"

Miyu frowned at the sad tone in his voice and she shook her head.

"I wouldn't just leave you I'd tell you straight up that you're not making me happy then maybe we could try to fix it....."
"Do I make you happy?"
"Very. Very happy now go before someone sees you"
"Love you!"
"Uh-huh"
"MEAN MIYU IS MEAN!"


Eunji munched on her dough nut as she pulled up onto her street and her eyes widened as she saw Miyu standing outside the house dumb founded with Sarang on her leash.

The front of their house was covered in colorful flower petals. The sidewalk, the street, Miyu's car, the truck's parking, the stairs, EVERYTHING was covered in flower petals.

She pulled into the front and handed Miyu her brown baggy of treats as she looked around in utter confusion.

"I went to take Sarang for a walk and when I came back the house was like this"

They entered their home and were shocked the whole house was covered in flowers. Arrangement upon arrangement of bouquets ranging from all different types of flowers were everywhere and in the middle of the room was a giant wreathe with a ribboned sign that said:

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not, I Know She Loves Me and I Can't Stop Thinking About Her

"How did anyone even get in here? No one has the key"

Eunji combed her fingers through her hair and Miyu thought for a moment then gasped.

Do I make you happy?

Jackson was smiling at her endearingly with his hands in his pockets and she could now remember the outline of the medicine bottle she hid in the dirt to hold the spare key in his jeans. What was going on?

Eunji tugged on the ribbon and smiled. This was really sweet. She could just imagine how broke Mark would be by now.....She shook her head. He had to stop this. He was making it very difficult for her to ignore him.

Later as Eunji watched a movie on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in her lap she looked up as Miyu came out of her room looking quite adorable. She was wearing her retro grey t-shirt with the black detailing under her black jumper and she had a tan hat with a black ribbon on the rim.

Her lips were glossy and she had her contacts in and she waddled over to the door to put on her high tops.

"Well don't you look snazzy"
"Thanks. Pabo and I are going to the movies"
"That's nice have fun"
"Do you want to come along? Maybe Mark will go too?"

Eunji turned her head back towards the plasma screen and shook her head.

"Nahh you enjoy your date Babe"

Miyu walked over to the back of the couch and hugged her sister.

"I can stay if you want? We can just watch movies here in our PJ's and talk about life"

Eunji squeezed her hand and unraveled her arms with a smile.

"I'm fine. Go have fun and bring me back a candy bar"
"Just a candy bar?"
"Okay maybe more than one candy bar"

Miyu kissed the side of her head and shuffled to the door while holding her hat.

"Yah is your GPS working? Make sure it's working before you leave!"
"EUNJI!"

Flipping through the channels Eunji looked down at the coffee table curiously as her phone rung. Mark's name flashed across the screen and she immediately declined the call.

He called again and again she declined it and soon her phone kept pinging from blank text messages. She jumped as the house phone rang and when she answered it the line just hung up.

The door bell kept ringing, the house phone rung again, her phone kept pinging and Sarang kept barking.

"What's going on?"

As soon as she questioned it everything stopped and she was enveloped in complete silence.

Forever Young...oh oh Baby forever you're my shorty

She heard music coming from outside so she slipped on her jacket and opened the door a crack and she froze. Mark was sitting on the stairs with a boom box and multiple cell phones and he had a fake microphone in his hand.

He gazed up at her and she melted as he waved and continued to rap to her. His face was so serene and sincere and his voice husky and desperate and as he stood up and walked towards her she frowned and took a step back.

"Don't."

She warned weakly but she couldn't stop him from pushing the door open slowly as he continued to pin her with his dark eyes. He looked around the room quickly and he smiled, that perfect toothy smile that no one was immune to.

"I see you got my messages"

Eunji turned and walked back to her room while wrapping herself in her arms and Mark called after her.

"You need to leave"
"You know what I need? You"

She covered her ears and closed the door in his face. He leaned one arm and his forehead against it and he sighed deeply.

"You owe me an explaination"
"I don't owe you truck wrecker"
"It was just paint"
"That I had to clean off!"
"-whistles- Wow JiJi cleaning that must've been a sight"

With tears stinging her eyes they both chuckled weakly. Mark turned the door knob and Eunji ran to her bed and threw the covers over her.

Her heart raced as she felt the cushion sink underneath him as he crawled towards her and her breathing hitched as he placed his forehead against hers.

"Why did you leave me Baby? Why do you want to hurt me?"

He asked painfully and he grabbed the blanket but didn't pull it down.

"I didn't want to hurt you....I never want to hurt you.....I...I just can't be with you"
"You not being with me is hurting me. So ing badly."

She shook her head and frowned as Mark pulled the sheet down revealing her pink crying face. He brought a hand to the side of her head and wiped her tears and she pushed his hand away.

"See this why I broke up with you"
"I don't get it"

She pointed to his hands then out the door.

"This and then that. The bear, the flowers, it's all so....sweet....."

Mark raised an eyebrow as Eunji buried her face in her hands.

"You broke up with me because I'm sweet?"

She nodded slowly and Mark chuckled in disbelief and shook his head.

"I don't get it. I'm sweet so you want to break up with me? What? You want me to be an ?"
"No"
"You want me to be one of your crummy ex's that cheated on you"
"No"
"Cursed at you for no reason and tore you down"
"No"
"Pretend that I care then in the end just slip the carpet out from underneath your feet and watch you fall"
"NO!"
"THEN WHAT THEN!?"
"YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME OKAY!?"

She yelled back dropping her hands and Mark was shocked. She bit her lip and lowered her head and he's never seen her do this before but she was twiddling her thumbs.

"You're the sweetest most caring person I ever met Mark Tuan and....I just don't deserve you. I'm pig headed, stubborn, impatient and practically hate everything....but I can never hate you. I hate myself. For hurting you, for lying to my sister, you deserve so much better. I even got you drunk and you puked in our toilet"
"That was fun hahaha"

The two chuckled and she wiped her nose with her arm.

"That's why I ended it...well...tried to end it....because you're too good for me...."

She gasped as Mark pushed her back onto her pillow and hovered over her. He grabbed her hands and pinned them to the sides of her head and he lowered his face to hers and grazed her lips with his.

"I'm too good for you? Do you mean that literally or figuratively?"
"Both"

She arched off the bed as he tugged on her lower lip sending sweet delicious tingles up her spine. He tightened his grip on her hands as his tongue pushed it's way into as he kissed her passionately.

With her legs bending around him he took the opportunity to push himself against her and he swallowed her moans as she writhed underneath him.

"Do you love me Eunji?"
".....yes.....yes I do....."
"Do you want me to be bad Eunji? Because I can be bad....."

He whispered in her ear huskily before grabbing her lips for another deep kiss.


Miyu slowly opened the house door and snuck inside. She's never stayed out all night before but Jackson insisted they kept doing things yesterday and by the time she knew it they had fallen asleep in her car while looking out at the Seoul skyline.

She placed her car keys on the counter and she froze as she heard the refrigerator door open and close. Looking into the kitchen her jaw dropped and she covered her eyes bashfully.

"Mark! What are you doing in my house? And why are you half ?!"

Mark blushed and walked over to Miyu and pried her hands from her eyes. She averted her gaze as he stood in front of her with no shirt and his top jean button undone revealing the hem of his boxers and his toned pale body covered in red scratches and love bites.

"Shhh your sister's sleeping. Get to bed hahaha you look like you had alot of fun last night"
"Not as much as you apparently."

Miyu walked to her door then turned back to Mark.

"Are you guys okay now? Can I stop worrying?"

Mark grazed his swollen lips with his hand and nodded happily.

"Yeah, we're just fine"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: Author-nim what did you do!? o3o nothing I am innocent♥ I couldn't make the drama last long like last time I can't stand drama hahaha so I hope you all still enjoyed~ See you next week for another SPARK \o/

PS# Yes I do have a Mark one shot called "Pay Attention to Me" with a similar concept if you haven't read it yet I do recommend it~ My fluff guns were on point there~

PPS# For my more mature readers I celebrated my 20th story published by making a Markson story~ Why choose between Mark or Jackson when you can have both so if you're interested feel free to check that out too \o/ (no youngins please m(_ _)m)