3 (The Story)

Beautiful Creature

“Hyung. Please. Don’t banish him. Please hyung.” Youngjae pleaded, tears b his eyes.

“Jae. I made up my mind. We can’t risk this. If the vampires or other clans heard of this, they would think that I can’t even control the ones in my clan, and that would risk other people's lives.” Yongguk shook his head. “They would try to attack us.”

Youngjae choked on his sob and Yongguk hugged him. “It’s okay Jae. I know you are sad, but we can’t change anything. Why don’t you go out and get some fresh air. That’ll calm you down.” He suggested, trying to cheer the latter up. Youngjae nodded and left the room. Yongguk sighed. He didn’t want to make Youngjae sad, but he was still mad at Himchan, and he couldn’t risk the clan's reputation.


Youngjae slowly walked, trying to clear his mind. So much had happened, he didn’t know deal with it.

“Kkk. Hello.” Youngjae turned toward the voice. Daehyun was waving at him, smiling. Youngjae sighed. “Hi. Why are you out here?”

“Kkk. The leader guy gave me permission. You don’t look so well.” Daehyun giggled. “What’s wrong?" Youngjae knew the boy was teasing him, but he didn’t have the energy to be mad. He was just frustrated. “You don’t seem very sad after what happened huh Daehyun?” Daehyun looked a little surprised. He thought Youngjae would snap at him, but he quickly regained his composure. “Kkk. Why would I? This happens very often to me.” He laughed. Youngjae’s head perked up. “What do you mean?”

“Kkk. Why would I tell you??” Daehyun cocked his head. So this kid wanted to play. Youngjae thought. “If you tell me, I’ll give you a wish.”

Daehyun smiled. “Anything?”

“Anything that is in my capability.” Youngjae nodded.

“Kkk. I want to go to the human world.” Daehyun said excitedly, surprising Youngjae. That was the first time he had ever seen this boy show real emotion. “Sure. Now tell me.” Youngjae said.

“Sit here. I’ll tell you.” Daehyun patted the spot next to him. “Kkk. Let’s play a game first.” Youngjae nodded.  “Let’s play a guessing game.”

Youngjae smiled. This kid was actually quite cute sometimes. “What species do you think I belong too?”

Youngjae recalled Yongguk telling him that he thought Daehyun belonged to the vampires, but Youngjae didn’t think so. Vampires are quite arrogant and think highly of themselves. There was no way they would sleep with random people. But there were no other options.

Daehyun giggled, seeing Youngjae deep in thought. “I’ll give you a hint. I can sing.”

Youngjae eyes widen in realization. “S-sing? B-but there is no way, they are extinct.”

Daehyun hummed softly. “Obviously they are not.”

Youngjae turned to him with serious eyes. “You’re a siren?”

Daehyun giggled. “No. You were almost right though.”

Youngjae sighed. This was frustrating for him until he realized something. Daehyun said he was slmost right. That meant Daehyun was either belongs to a species related to a siren, or a half-blood. “You’re a half-blood siren.” He guessed.

“Bingo~” The boy clapped.

Youngjae eyes widen. “I-I got it right?? But I thought sirens were extinct for a long time.”

“Siren is now extinct, but half-blood siren is not.”

“How?”

“I’m the last half-blood siren.” Daehyun smiled. “Half-blood sirens are weak since they have no power. The only thing they possessed was beauty and song.” Youngjae nodded. “Sirens are one of the lowest species, and were depicted as dangerous and beautiful creatures. The only things we can do are luring others and eat them.” Daehyun said mockingly. “We don’t deserve to live. We only live to fool others. So why not let the weaklings die first? After all, even humans can protect themselves using technology. We can’t.

What about half-blood sirens? Half-bloods." Daehyun laughed emptily. "What were mortals and sirens thinking? Kkk. Probably wanted a good  and ended up having unwanted kids.” Daehyun giggled, but his face showed no emotion. “We are mistakes. Half-blood sirens are toys to other species. Anyone can use us and when they are bored, they’ll throw us out like trash. We can’t defend ourselves. We don’t have super powers like vampires. We don’t have strength like werewolves. We don’t even have magic like the wizards.” Daehyun said. “We have nothing.”

“But you have your voice. You can sing.” Youngjae said and stopped. It suddenly made sense to him. If Daehyun could control minds through song, there was a big possibility he framed Himchan. His face hardened. Daehyun sensed the difference in the werewolf. He didn’t want to get busted so fast when he wanted to play with them for a little more, So he lied. “Kkk. I can’t control minds, human genes are too strong compared to sirens.” Youngjae stared at him with doubt still in his eyes.  But it made sense to him. Most half-bloods don’t possess their super natural power, since the human genes are very dominant. He nodded. “Keep going.”

“Kkk. So where was I? Ah. So guess what? A lot of us couldn’t stand the torture, so the weaker died first. Soon I was the only one left.” Daehyun said. Youngjae flinched. Daehyun was telling such a tragic story with such a cheerful voice. He couldn’t understand the boy. “We are toys. I am a toy. For any and all species, so this is an often thing.” He smiled. “The end.”

“S-so you’re just around for people to use??” Youngjae cautiously asked.

“Yup.” Daehyun sang. “A poor little toy.”

Youngjae suddenly felt pity for the boy. No wonder he acted so creepy. If life has damaged him so much, how can he still be so sane? He stood up. “Okay Daehyun, let’s go back. I’ll take you out tomorrow.”

“You’re not mad at me?” Daehyun asked.

“For what?”

“For sleeping with your guy?”

Youngjae’s heart throbbed thinking about that, but he didn’t blame Daehyun. Daehyun existence was sadly to be a toy. Himchan was just using him the way he was suppose to be used. He shook his head, tears on the bridge of his eyes. “No. Let’s go back to your room. It’s not your fault at all, and I’m sorry. Sorry because Himchan did that to you.” Daehyun froze. He looked up at Youngjae, confused. Then he broke up in to a smile.

A real smile.

Youngjae couldn't deny that his smile was beautiful.

No wonder why Himchan wanted him.

“Kkk. Let’s go.” He chirped.


Author's Notes:

Daehyun's a half siren! *gasp* how many did not see that coming? Well, today's update you got his backstory and his reason for living. Poor boy had no choice either.

KING24 has guessed that Daehyun was a siren and therefore gets the advertisement right. I shall post it next time with the new chapter. It will stay up until the next time I update this fic.

Comments, Complaints, Concerns? Put them below please~