The Separation

Their Story

 

            In the weeks that followed their special moment, Jiyong’s schedule became increasingly busy and he did not get the chance to see or talk to Bom again.  It felt as if every time they were supposed to meet, something else came up.  One thing or another, Jiyong’s patience was thinning as the days and weeks went by.  To make matters worse, BigBang was going to leave the country soon for their promotions and tour in Japan.  He knew he did not have much time left with Bom and wanted to spend as much time as he could with her before confessing again.  The time he spent with her were the happiest moments of his day.  He knew there was something different than before, he could feel it and sense it from her.  Hopefully, this time she would give him a different answer.

            Tapping on the door lightly, Jiyong pushed it open and made his way into the dance studio.  He had slipped away from his band members just to catch a few minutes with her.  He was going to leave in less than a week.  Bom who was completely immersed in her steps did not notice the figure that sneaked in.  He stood there staring at her, its been weeks since he seen her, and his heart clenched in pain at the thought of going months without her next to him. 

            As the music stop, he approached her and she turned to face the intruder.  When their eyes met, Jiyong’s smile turned into a frown.  She looked tired and fatigued.  Was she not taking care of herself again, Jiyong thought.

            “Hey,” Bom greeted.  She knew she was a mess, for the past weeks she was unable to sleep, nor get any rest.  The bags and dark circles under her eyes were prominent against her pale skin.  Taking the small towel that Jiyong extended, she wiped her face.

            “What’s wrong Bom?  Are you ok?  You don’t look too well,” Jiyong pointed out as she took a sip of her water.   His hand came up to cup her face.  Bom steeled her heart and put on her most determined face as she pushed his hand away.

            “Nothing is wrong, Ji.  It doesn’t concern you, so don’t worry about it,” she said coldly.  Her tone of voice left him frozen in place as she walked away.  When she almost reached the doors, Jiyong snapped out of his stupor and chased after her.  His hand shot out grabbing her elbow and stopping her in her tracks.

            “Hold on, Bom.  What’s wrong with you?  Why are you acting like this?” Jiyong questioned, confusion clearly in his eyes as Bom turned to look at him nonchalantly.  This person couldn’t be the Bom he knew, she was not the happy sweet person that he had been spending his time with these past months.

            “I told you, I’m fine.  Don’t be so pushy, it’s suffocating,” she said firmly as she yanked her elbow out of his hand.  Bom turned again to leave, but this time Jiyong didn’t let her.  He pulled her back, pushing her up against the door, as he held her shoulders keeping her in place.  He was hurt, why was she doing this to them when they didn’t even have that much time left together.

            “I’m sorry ok?  I’m sorry for whatever I did wrong to make you feel this way.  I won’t ask you why, or what’s wrong, just please don’t leave.  I missed you.  I just wanted to see you for a bit before I leave for Japan.  Please?” Jiyong begged, his eyes getting teary.  Bom’s heart lurched at the evident pain her actions and words were causing him, but she kept her resolved strong; she had to keep her words, she couldn’t fail him now.

            “I have a few minutes, say what you gotta say Ji.”

            In his confusion with what was going on, he took the opportunity she gave him.  He did not planned for it to be like this when he asked her again.  He definitely never thought she was going to treat him like this, ever.  But desperate to get his feelings across Jiyong took a leap of faith.

            “I wanted to tell you again, before I leave.  I think… I think I love you Park Bom.  I know you feel the same, that kiss we shared?  It was real.  Please tell me you’ll be my girlfriend.  We’ll make things work, I can do anything for you,” he said as he took her hands in his.  Holding it tightly as he waited for her reply.

            Bom looked down at their hands as the words he said penetrated deep into her heart.  She cried out silently in her mind at what she had to do next.

 

~* Flashback *~

            Bom stood nervously outside of YG’s office, scared to go in.  He had called her to come meet with him.  She knew that this could not be good.  Mustering up all of the courage that she had, she knocked on the door.

            “Come in,” came the muffled reply behind the doors.

            Bom turned the knob and pushed her way in; she closed the door behind her, as she stood stiffly by it.

            Yang Hyun Suk looked up from his desk at the young girl standing in his office and put his pen down.

            “Bomi-ah, come have a seat,” he pointed to the chair in front of his desk.  Cautiously, she walked over and sat down.

            “It has come to my attention that you and Jiyong had been spending quite a bit of time together.  Is there something going on that I should know?” He asked calmly.  She shook her head in response.

            “I am not saying this to be mean or cruel, but Jiyong is still young.  He’s been with me since he was a boy and hasn’t really had the chance to learn and grow up on things like love.  So I know he’s really innocent and naïve about the world, even if he doesn’t realize it yet.  Any kind of rumor right now will destroy his career and his future.  Do you understand?  Jiyong has responsibilities towards BigBang and you have your dreams to fulfill.”

            Bom looks up and nod her head in understanding.

            “I need you to be the stronger one, and older one.  If he comes to you, turn him away.  He’s so talented and gifted.  He belongs in this world, just like you do.  But everything will take time and it’s going to take a lot of time.  Please understand that.”

            “Yes sir, I understand,” Bom said dejectedly.  She held in her tears as she walked out of the office.  Not until the door was closed that she finally let them fall.

 

~* End of Flashback *~

            “Well, you’re wrong, Jiyong.  I told you before, I only see you as a dongsaeng and nothing more.  That kiss didn’t mean anything, it wasn’t real.  Don't be ridiculous it was just a mistake on my part.  I was disoriented and confused when I woke up.  You can say you love me, but I don’t feel the same,” her words like a hot knife sliced into his heart.

            “Noo- Noona, what are you saying?  All that time we spent together these past few months… does it mean nothing to you??  Why are you doing this?  I could give up all of this for you, you know?  Please don’t do this to us,” Jiyong cried out.  The pain he felt from her rejection so much rawer this time.  He knew she loved him back, he just knew it.  It didn’t make sense at all for her to turn so cold.  The confusion in him turned into anger.

            Bom couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of his mouth; it was like déjà vu… he was willing to give it all up for her.  But she couldn't let him do that.  He deserves so much more.  He can accomplish so much more with his talent.  So she did the one thing she knew would make him let go.  She made him hate her.

            “We’re nothing but friends!  If you felt that I was leading you on, you can hate me.  I’ve told you from the very start that I had no special feelings for you.  Why can’t you get it into your thick head?  I DON’T like you.  So, stop bothering me!” Bom said as she turned her face away, the pain and hurt that she saw in his eyes was tearing her apart.

            “Let go of me Kwon Jiyong, you’re hurting me,” Bom grimaced as the hands holding her tightened into a painful grip.  Surprised at his own actions, Jiyong released his hands from her instantly.  He was disgusted with himself.  What had she turned him into?  The pain of her rejection and cruel words had made him bitter.  How can he love someone that did not even care one bit back?  Darkness engulfed his soul and took over his mind.  He casted his heart aside, and no longer thinking rationally he allowed the anger to speak.

            “Fine, if that’s what you want then I’m going to leave you alone from now on.  Don’t even contact me anymore, because I sure as hell won’t bother you, Park Bom-sshi.  Just forget everything I said earlier, I take it all back.  I hope you have a great life.”  And with that, Jiyong pushed her aside as he yanked open the door and slammed it on his way out. 

            The sound of the door slamming shook Bom to her core.  It was so loud, it was as if he slapped her himself.  The ringing resounded in her head, never leaving.  She wrapped her arms around herself as the she finally allowed the pain and anguish to surface.  Bom screamed out silently for Jiyong as she cursed at their fate.  The darkness that took over Jiyong, took her too.  Unable to breathe, Bom doubled over gasping for air as she continued to cry long after Jiyong left.

 

A/N: First I want to say, CONGRATULATIONS BIGBANG AND VIPs!!! YEAH =D BB won the World Act on MTV EMA, all the hard work paid off.  Not only did they win, but they were the #1 Tweeted Nominee/Guest for their show, and their picture was the most Tweeted also!!  Now the whole world is going to find out just how wonderfully talented these 5 men are!!  GO BIGBANG!!! (ps. Jiyong was so awesome in his red coat... I cried when I saw all 5 of them smiling, and when he opened his mouth to speak... I adore you Jiyong!! Keep fighting and working hard, your fans are always here believing you!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter... please please leave comments as to what you think, and how you feel about this... did I do it any justice?  Did you feel their pain?  I'm not confident with drama so please let me know so I can try to improve... Thank you so much for reading... Please continue to support our G-Bom ~ always spreading the love... Kwon Jiyong and Park Bom forever!