The Present

Their Story

 

“I consider my albums as my diary.  Something that can remind you of your thoughts, your way of thinking and your energy at the time you made it.  Therefore, every album has a special place in my heart.” – Kwon Jiyong

 

 

2011, Japan

            “Park Bom!!  Open this door right now!  What is wrong with you?!  How can you be so clumsy, Pabo?!?  Haven’t I told you a million times before to be careful?” Jiyong’s voice could be heard yelling throughout the hallway despite how packed and noisy it was with staff.  He was standing outside of 2NE1’s main vocalist changing room, pounding on the door and trying to get her to open up.

            “Ano, Jiyong-ah…” Dara approached him cautiously, trying to defuse the situation but was stopped when Seunghyun’s hand rested on her arm.  He pulled her back away from the door and the frustrated man still standing there.

            “Ani, noona.  Just leave him alone.  He won’t calm down until he sees her for himself anyways.  Don’t worry about her, he’s only concern,” Seunghyun explained.  Dara nod hesitantly, knowing that Seunghyun was right.  Jiyong only gets this way about Bom and since Bom isn’t really hurt, just being stubborn, the two of them should be ok in a bit.

            “Jiyong!  I’m ok, just leave me alone already!?  Wasn’t it enough that I embarrassed myself on the stage??? Do you really need to be screaming and hollering out there, embarrassing me even further?” Bom yelled back, the closed door muffled her voice.  She leaned against the door, bracing her weight on one foot.

            “I don’t care Bom, let me see what’s wrong for myself.  You know I’m not going to just leave so you might as well open the door now.  Or else I could be standing out here yelling the entire night!”  An audible click could be heard as the lock slid out.  She knew she couldn’t beat his stubbornness; he always took things too far.  Bom carefully stepped back and lowered herself to the couch when the door opened revealing the young man that has been demanding entry for the last 15 minutes.  She really gave in to him too quickly, she thought.

            Striding over to the woman on the couch, Jiyong kneeled down by her feet taking the right one up in his hand.  It was swollen.  He tenderly assessed the damage and slowly applied pressure to her ankle while looking at her expression.  Bom couldn’t help but grimace when Jiyong turned her foot left and right.  She pulls her foot back as he released his hold on it.  Jiyong got up frowning at Bom, “Well, it seems as if you just sprained it a little bit.  Have manager-hyung get you something to wrap it tightly in and you should be fine in 2-3 days.  You should also get an ice pack to reduce the swelling tonight.”

            “Why thank you, Dr. Kwon.  I was going to do exactly that before you barged in here, anyways!”  Bom replied sarcastically at his obtuseness.  Letting out a sigh, he plops down next to her on the couch.  “You know I was just worried about your injury when you tripped, Bom.  Don’t give me that attitude, when this could have been all avoided if you didn’t run off to hide.  The others are concern about you too, you know?”

            Bom’s facial expression relaxed, looking at him with guilt in her eyes, “I know.  I’m sorry.  It was just too embarrassing to face anyone.  I can’t believe I tripped coming down the stairs, Ji!  Ahhhh… all of the Japanese fans saw me fall!”  She hid her face in her hands, covering up the memory.  2NE1 was in Japan performing for their Nolza Concert, when Bom tripped while coming down the stairs during her feat with GD&TOP ‘Oh Yeah’ She was able to continue with the rest of the show, but when the concert was over she had disappeared before anyone was able to talk to her.

            Jiyong got up from the couch, and extended his hand to help Bom up.  She grabbed his hand supporting herself and carefully got up from the couch.  “Come on Bom, I’ll take you to go buy the ankle wrap and ice pack, and then well go back to the dorm.  Do you think you can walk and stand on your own?”  She nodded to him, as he left the room seeking out her manager.  After Jiyong left, one by one the girls’ head popped in at the door.

           “Bomtaro?  Are you ok?” Dara asked concern as she stepped in the room.  Chaerin and Minzy followed her in.

           “Yeah, I’m ok.  Just a slight sprain that’s all.  Jiyong was making a big deal out of nothing.  He’s going to take me to buy some stuff for my ankle, so I’ll meet you guys back at our dorm, ok?”  They all nodded at her, Minzy and Chaerin helped Bom gather her bag and when Jiyong came back Bom was ready to go.  He waved at the girls as he helped Bom leave.

           After taking Bom to buy the things she needed, they stopped at a small ramen shop for dinner.  They ate peacefully.  Their conversation consist of details regarding the concert and 2NE1’s schedule for the next week.  By the time, they were driven back to the dorm Bom had fallen asleep in her chair next to Jiyong; her head leaning on his shoulder. 

           Jiyong stared at the sleeping face for a few minutes.  He brushed her bangs out of her eyes, taking in her innocent and trusting personality.  They have been friends for a long time now, but it wasn’t always like this.  He remembered how she was shy, and he was too eager.  He was infatuated with her and her voice.  And right when she started to open up to him, he had scared her away.  After a few months of recording for ‘We Belong Together’ and ‘Forever With You’ he thought she would feel the same about him.  So during BigBang’s showcase, he had let his wish slipped from his lips.  “She’s my girlfriend.”  After the show, Bom had confronted him asking him why he said such things on stage.  He confessed to her then, but she only looked sadly back at him.

          “Jiyong-ah, I’m sorry.  Right now I am just concern about training and debuting.  Singing is my main focus at the moment; it’s a dream I can finally make a reality.  I can’t be concern about a relationship.  You know how hard it was for me to finally get accepted by YG.  I can’t mess up this opportunity.  I’m sorry, Ji.  I can only be a friend to you.”  And with that his heart broke.  He hid his pain from her and told her that he’ll just be happy if they remain friends.  At the time, he didn’t realize just how hard it was to do so but it wasn’t like he had a choice.

 

2006, Korea

 

            Jiyong ran up the stairs to the practice room, stopping abruptly at the door when he heard music coming from within. Pushing the door open he peeked his head in to see who was occupying it.  At the sound of the door opening, Park Bom stopped mid-step, her head was light and the room was spinning nonstop.  She turned around to look at him and he smiled at her.  His smile started to fade as he saw the glassy look in her eyes.  Her face was pale, and just as he got to her side, her eyes rolled back and she lost consciousness.  Jiyong caught Bom’s body as she fainted, her body limp in his arms.

            “Noona?  Noona!?”  Jiyong yelled as he shook her.  Her skin was dampened in cold sweat.  Scared, Jiyong pulled out his phone and called for help.

 

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to start this story... I actually started on a couple of different perspectives but none of them were quite satisfactoy.  I think I finally decided how to go with it, so please look forward to more =)