hello

안녕 (hello/goodbye)

You bit your lips to restrained you from crying your heart out. You reached out for the switch to turn on the light. The sudden light kind of hurt your eyes, so you closed them for a second. When you opened your eyes, you couldn’t believe at what you saw.

There were so many things at the corner of the room. You didn’t know what it was but you are sure it doesnt belong to you or Taehyung. ‘what is all this?’ you also noticed the bedsheet and curtain had changed. You sat on the bed, tracing your fingers along the pastel colored bedsheet. Then memories hit you hard.

These bedsheet and curtain were the ones you really wanted to buy. But Taehyung said he will buy it for you when you two got married. Cause he told you once you’re married, you’re going to move to a new apartment that he had his eyes laid on. Your eyes were watering. You glanced at the new shelf beside the wardrobe. That one too. The shelf that you were dying to buy. But Taehyung wanted the other kinds and color of the shelf so you argued with him and ended up buying nothing.

Holding on to your memories, you take a look at the shelf. You expected to see some books and you did but you held your breath when you saw the last 3 shelf were filled with photos of you and Taehyung. you have never printed any photos with him except for the polaroids. You squated and took one of the photo. You saw yourself laughing hard in the photo with Taehyung. in the back you could see flowers. A tear dropped from your eye. you remember what you were doing in the photo. It was your first date with him as a couple and you could’ve never been happier.

You placed it back and looked at the other photos. He even framed a photo of you sleeping. You guessed it was the first time you lived together and Taehyung just couldn’t stop saying how you look like an angel while you were sleeping. And another photos. You were suffocating from holding back the tears. You didn’t know after all this time he is still in love with you.

You moved to the things beside the shelf. You sat on the floor taking a paper bag in front of you. you put your hand inside and felt something fluffy. You pulled it out and saw a cute teddy bear wearing a wedding dress. You peeked inside the paper bag and found an envelope. ‘to the one i miss a lot’ was written in the front of the envelope. You took out the paper inside and you burst into tears reading what was written in that.

Happy 23rd birthday, my love. I hope you are alright and happy wherever you are right now. It is the 3rd time i celebrated your birthday without you. what kind of birthday party is it to be celebrated without the main character?

Anyway Minhee, how have you been? Did you eat well? You didn’t forget to drink the vitamin,right? Did you get a boyfriend already? Regardless of you having a new boyfriend or not, i still love you.

How’s your new life in a new country? Is it hard to fit in? I didn’t know whether you could survive there or not since you can’t even passed a day without eating your favorite food kimchi. I’m sure the kimchi there tastes different.

I thought you will be back after a month or two but hey, it has been 2 years since the last time i saw you. so i guess you’re doing well. I’m hoping that you are doing well.

I always told myself that i could do it without you but my words won’t synchronize with what i actually do.

But now i’m kind of get used to be without you around me. and i guess this is going to be the last time i buy you gifts and keeping it inside our room. Because if i keep doing it i couldn’t get over you.

I’m afraid you won’t comeback. Afraid if you comeback but you don’t feel the same way as me. so i’m trying to forget you now.

Thank you for the memories. And the last 2 years’ memories that i have made by myself,pretending that you are here with me.

-a stupid guy who still loves you, Taehyung

It was your birthday 2 days ago and you didn’t even get any present from your family. Your heart is broken into pieces. You sobbed hard holding the teddy bear and the letter. You bend your knee and rested your head there while tears are non-stop coming out of your eyes. you felt really guilty. For everything that you have done for Taeyhung. You have broken his heart and left him alone yet he still thought you were there with him.

A pair of strong arms suddenly wrapped around your shoulder making you gasped and you automatically turned around to see who it was. Your eyes were blurry with tears but you knew exactly who the person was. Yes, it was none other than Taehyung. you didn’t even wiped your tears or say anything, you just keep crying as he sat down beside you, also in silence.

~

Taehyung decided to end things once and for all, so he told s that he will be sleeping in the shared apartment. When he came in he saw a shoes that he has never seen before. Thinking there was a thief, he quietly take a look around the living room and kitchen. But there was nothing. Then he glanced at the bedroom. The door was opened, so he thought the thief was in there. He came in, ready to kill whoever it was who came to his favorite place without his permission. But once he saw who was there, the planned to kill that someone and end things with you are vanished.

~

You have calmed down from your sobs. You wiped your tears and turned to look Taehyung whose head was dropped down. You gained some courage to call out his name “Taehyung...” it felt weird. Saying the name of the boy who you have been longing to meet. He held his head up to meet your gaze. He was crying, you could see his cheeks wet from the tears.

“Minhee...” finally you hear his voice. The voice that you miss a lot. You looked down and played with the teddy bear’s dress as silence filled the room once again. “happy birthday, Minhee” he broke the silence with his hoarse voice. That made new tears fell from your eyes as you looked up to him. “thank you” was all you could say before he hugged you tight. Wrapping your arms around his back, you cried again. he hugged you tighter and kissing your head. Words weren’t needed. His actions said it all.

You were hugging until your cry has subsided. He held your hands. His eyes are wet but he is smiling, thats a rare sight of him. You bit your lips and looked down. “Minhee, i thought you will never comeback” he held your hands tighter. He continued, almost like a whisper “i’m so glad you’re here”. You looked up, hitting his arms “pabo! Why did you still love me after what i have done to you? i’m so selfish that i didn’t think about you and just make my own descision.” He pulled you into another hug.

“because...” he couldn’t continue. “because... i believe that you will come back to me eventually” he your hair. “what if i dont?” you burried your face in the crook of his neck. “if you don’t comeback, i will hunt you down” typical Taehyung. you both laughed slightly at his statement.

You asked him what are all this things and he smiled widely. “these are the things you like. Do you remember whenever i had to do a performance outside of korea you always asked me to bought you stuffs?” you nodded. You remember always asking him to buy you many things. “these past 2 years i have been to many countries. And everytime i visited a new country i couldn’t help but to think of what you want me to buy for you. you always love cute and unique things. So whenever i saw something that i thought you would like, i will buy it.” He grabbed a box that was at the corner and opened it. “last month i went to Japan and when i saw this jacket,” he pulled out a really pretty jacket with flower pattern “i knew you would love it. And i knew it will suit you. try it on” he handed you the jacket and you put it on. “see? That fits you. you look cute” hearing a compliment from him after a long time made you blushed hard.

“so... you have been saving all these stuffs? For me?” he nodded. “yeah, at the first 3 months i always thought that you will be home waiting for me. so i often came home getting excited to show you what i have bought. But then i realized you weren’t here” your heart hurt hearing his words. He didn’t know it would be that hard for him. You were so selfish. You mentally slapped yourself.

“i’m so sorry Taehyung...” he shook his head. “no, don’t say that words please. It reminds me of the last note you gave me” you could see his face turned a little sad when you said sorry. “but i really am-” before you could finished your sentence, his lips already shut you up. You immediately shut your eyes, not knowing what to do. Taehyung broke the kiss and stare at you. “i don’t want to hear you say that word, ever again. got it?” you smiled and nodded.

“so, Taehyung...”

“yeah?”

“are we...back together now?” your heart beat faster at every words that left your mouth.

“i always think we never broke up” he caresses your cheeks and leaned in to kiss you. you kissed him back, wrapping arms around his neck. Then he pecked your cheeks continously making you giggle. “Taehyung stop!” you tried pushing him away but he didn’t budge. “i miss you so much Minhee” he stare deep into your eyes and you pecked his nose. “i miss you way more Taehyung”

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day Taehyung woke up to an empty space beside him. Again. he was anxious. He frantically got out of bed and searched for you, calling out your name. But there was no answer. Then he thought of something. He ran to the kitchen and see the fridge. He sighed in relieved and took the note.

‘jagiya, i have to go back home. My mom is freaking out cause i didn’t come home last night. I will bring all my stuffs and we can spend our days together again! see you later!’

But he frowned slightly “theres still no ‘i love you’? seriously??” he rolled his eyes and put the note back to its place when another note in a light pink paper that seems to be under the one that he read caught his eyes. he chuckled at the content.

‘아, 참! 사랑해 사랑해 사랑해 사랑해 사랑해!! :*’ (‘ah yeah, i love you i love you i love you :*’)

“aigoo, this girl jinjja!” he laughed to himself and waited for you to come home.



FINISHED! YOOHOO~~

sorry for the typos and grammar errors!

i hope you guys like the ending! :3

don't forget to drop some comments, okay?

THANK YOU ^w^