welcome back

안녕 (hello/goodbye)

Taehyung’s POV

I woke up to an empty space beside me. she left. i could feel something left from me as well. My feelings. I couldn’t feel anything. I wasn’t sad. After she made my heart beat faster like it could jump out of my body, she made it numb. There was seriously nothing i could feel.

I lazily got out of bed. I didn’t know it could be this long to walk to the kitchen. My feet just won’t move. It was like glued to the floor. When i saw the fridge i stopped, staring blankly at the colorful post-its that were sticked to it. I walked closer and plucked one that caught my eye. it said ‘i’m so sorry Taehyung... i hope you will be fine’.

Only sorry? Is she stupid or what? What did she mean by she hope i will be fine? I CAN’T be fine after she left me like this. And no ‘i love you'? i guess she really want to end things with me. i couldn’t believe all of this. why is this happening to me?

I dropped down squeezing the tiny paper with my trembling hand. Why, Minhee? I kept asking that question.

No one’s POV

Taehyung broke down in tears after he realized his relationship with you was really over. He sobbed and leaned to the fridge, still holding your last message. “Minhee...” he would say your name between his sobs. After some minutes that felt like an eternity to Taehyung, he got up and dragged his body back to the bed. He didn’t have any energy left. it was like you brought all his energy and feelings.

Meanwhile you were at the airport, trying to focus to get on your flight. But Taehyung always popped on your mind. His crying face last night just wouldn’t left your thought. “get to your senses, Minhee!” you hit your head hard, making you flinched in pain. “i can do this” encouraging yourself for the only-god-knows what times, you headed to your plane and getting ready to live your new life.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

2 years later

“are you ready?” you checked your luggages for the last time and nodded to your friend who you met in Australia. You and her are like seoulmate, cause she turned out to be also from Korea. “lets go!” you and Youngmi got a job in korea, so now you were going to the airport.

After 2 years living in a new place with a totally different culture, you almost lost your korean habits. And damn you miss korean food. Of course there are tons of korean restaurant there but the taste is not the same as the one you used to eat back in your hometown. Feeling excited about coming back home, you sat at the seat near the window so you could see the clouds. it makes you feel like you’re flying and you really like that.

After hours and hours spending time in the plane you finally got to feel the korean air again. you inhale deeply, enjoying the smell. “its so good to be back” you smiled at the thought of your family whom you really missed. You get your luggage and parted ways with Youngmi. She is going to her aunt’s place cause her parents have passed away. You’re lucky enough that you still have your parents, even your grandparents. You bid her goodbye and happily made your way to your home sweet home.

“Minhee-ya!” your mom immediately attacked you with kisses and hugs. “eomma! I missed you so much!” you giggled into her hug. “i missed you too my pretty daughter!” she helped you with your luggages. "aigoo, our daughter is getting skinnier. is there nothing to eat there?" your mom was eyeing you from head to toe, you only replied her with a "aniya eomma,i ate well there. and what? do you really think i get skinnier? well i guess i could be fat if i eat your cooking, eomma! i miss it so much!" and then you guys laughed. Stepping your feet inside the house made you feel safe. Now this is what you call home. You didn’t know how long has it been since the last time you came here. Because you have been living with Taehyung when you were dating him.

Speaking of Taehyung, you weren’t over him. In fact, you couldn’t. You have tried so many times to do anything just to forget him but Taehyung always came into your mind at random times, making it harder for you. coming back to korea, you hesitated to meet him or not. You were afraid to see him already having another girl who is better than you.

You didn’t contact Taehyung at all while you were away. You didn’t want to make things more complicated so you just left him with a simple note. You were hoping he wouldn’t be mad and would understand your situation. You always wanted him to understand you that it made you feel sorry for him.

An idea popped into your mind. ‘should i go to our house...’ you wanted to see if he still live there or not. But you put aside that thought, letting your mind to relax as you enjoyed your mom’s cooking, deciding to not to think about Taehyung for a while until your heart is in a stable condition.

--

Taehyung sat beside Jimin, playing a game in his phone. They just arrived in korea from japan. Taehyung waited for his luggage as he keep his eyes glued to his phone. “taehyung, thats your luggage” Jimin pointed to the big black suitcase. BTS was promoting in japan for about 10 days so he brought many things. Coming out, he was greeted by his fans who have been waiting for BTS. Its like a daily routine so Taehyung didn’t mind and keep focusing on going to the car.

As he was about to enter, he saw someone familiar. A girl with a hello kitty backpack that have cat ears on them. He knew that backpack. You were the only girl who is still using that kind of backpack despite of your age. You really like that backpack because its cute and unique. Taehyung always said its so childish and told you he will buy you a more ‘mature’ backpack but you always refused.

Taehyung couldn’t see clearly because you walked further away from him. He squinted his eyes and frowned slightly. ‘is that Minhee...’ his body was half inside the car and half outside. “yah! Palli!” jimin shouted behind him. Taehyung get in and thought hard. ‘i clearly saw the backpack. That kind of backpack. But i couldn't see her face’ Taehyung spent the rest of the ride thinking about you which is making his heart broken into pieces,  again.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

You looked at the calendar and realized you are back in your hometown for a week yet you didn’t go out, spending your time at your house. To be honest you didn’t want to go anywhere. You just wanted to lazing around. As you were about to sit your and watch TV, your mom called out for you and asked you to go to the market. you refused but your mom forced you saying how unproductive you were since you came back. Holding the list your mom gave you, you lazily dragged your feet to the nearest market. “she asked me to buy grapes and eggs? Thats all? She could buy these when she was at the traditional market!” you groaned.

You walked back to your house while thinking about the things that have happened in the past 2 years. from the moment you got out of your shared apartment with Taehyung, you felt some part of you stayed in that house. Your heart. Your feelings for him. You walked and walked until you realized you weren’t going back to your house but to the apartment. Your mind was blank and you let your feet take you there. You stopped at the brown door, staring at it.

Without your control, your hand moved and touched the pad to enter the password. You heard the familiar sound that used to fill your ears everytime you typed in the correct password. ‘he hasn’t changed the code’ you thought while hesitantly going inside. The automatic light , indicating theres a person inside the room. You took off your shoes and carefully walked further inside. ‘seems like he isn’t at home’ you looked around. Nothing much has changed.

You put the eggs and grapes at the kitchen counter and you were about to burst into tears seeing the fridge. Those post-its were still there. In the same position, like someone never touched it or moved it. But only your last message was gone. You run your hand to the papers and sighed at the thought of the last time you saw him. You opened the drawers and found the plates,forks,spoons and bowls are placed like the last time you placed it. Taehyung really didn’t change anything in the house.

Now you are standing in front of the bedroom door. You wanted to go in but some part of you didn’t want to. You prepared your heart for anything that you were about to see. You held the doorknob tightly, opening the door. It was dark so you couldn’t see anything. But you could smell it. The smell of your shared bedroom just strucked your nose. You bit your lips to restrained you from crying your heart out. You reached out for the switch to turn on the light. The sudden light kind of hurt your eyes, so you closed them for a second. When you opened your eyes, you couldn’t believe at what you saw.



this is going to be a threeshot! xD

tell me what you think, please ^^