goodbye

안녕 (hello/goodbye)

“Taehyung! do you know where is my phone?” several cursed left your lips as you searched for your phone in the living room. Flipping things, laying flat on the floor and looked under the sofa, looking inside the drawer next to the tv. Nothing. You called out for Taehyung once more.

“great! Now Taehyung is also gone, along with my damn phone”

Just then Taehyung came out from the bathroom, his body only wrapped with a towel from his waist-down. You had no time to admire his luscious body, you abruptly asked him if he had seen your phone. Which he replied calmly with “its there in the bathroom. You were listening music while showering. I have told you so ma-”

You rushed to get your phone and pecked Taehyung’s cheek “thanks baby. I’m late for my class. Bye” you grabbed your bag and put on your shoes. Taehyung just stood there watching you who was now holding the door knob. Before closing the door, you peeked your head “i love you!” then you ran to the elevator.

“yeah, i love you too” it was like he was saying it for the door because before he could respond you already left. He sighed and dressed himself to go to another tiring practice.

It has been 2 years since you date this 4D man. And lots of things had happened during that period of time. From the moment you guys were still stundents. Until he became a boyband member right now and you became an ordinary college student.

As time passed, you still love Taehyung like the first time you fell in love with him. So did Taehyung. if he didn’t confess to you maybe he wouldn’t have a girlfriend right now. He is so damn busy with practice, practice, practice. Even recording a song could take a whole day.

You were anxious when he told you he is a trainee in an entertainment agency. You were afraid he wouldn’t be able spend much time with you anymore and you guys would eventually break up. But that didn’t happen. Despite how busy he was, he still contacted you and would come home right after he finished his schedule. He put a lot of effort so your relationship will keep going.

But as you entered college, things started to change. You got busy with assignments and projects. You spent most of your time in campus. You barely got to contact Taehyung. you checked your phone once in a while to see if Taehyung had replied to your messages or not. But you often found nothing. No phone calls, no texts. You just shrugged that off cause you thought you will meet him at home later.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Another day at class listening to a lecture. You weren’t in the mood, you felt like a mess because of what happened this morning. Not only you were late because you couldn’t find your phone but you also missed the train. So you had to wait for another 10 minutes which was a total waste of time so you decided to ride the bus. That didn’t stop your torture. Just when you stepped out from the bus it started to rain. And damn you didn’t bring an umbrella so you ran as fast as you can to your class. But the professor didn’t allow you to come in because you were 20 minutes late and you were wet. It would be better if you waited for the train, still late, didn’t go to the first class but didn’t get wet, and you could just have a cup of coffee next to the campus.

You were still recalling this morning’s events when you heard BTS  song, Danger, playing from around you. everybody, even the professor turned to look at you while you were still confused where did the music come from. “Mrs. Lee, i think its from your phone” you gasped and immediately dived your hand inside your bag and got your phone. , you forgot to silent it. You apologized to the professor and go out of the class to pick up the call. You looked at the phone screen. Taehyung.

“what?” you were kind of annoyed.

“whoa.. whats up baby? What happened? Why did you sound so annoyed?”

“theres no time to explain. Tell me why you called. I’m in the middle of class right now, palli!”

“BTS will have a dinner together tonight and we’re inviting you. you can come,right?”

Tonight? But you have to do a group project. “sorry, i can’t. I promise i will come to the next dinner,okay? I’m hanging up, bye Taehyung”

“wait, but you al-”

You quickly went back to class.

 

Taehyung were at the dance studio, practicing for the new choreo.

Why is she so busy these days? I’m the idol, not her but why is she busier than me? she would be home at 10pm, usually she would already be there at 7. Does the assignment really take that much of her time?

“Taehyung, is she coming?” Rap Monster asked,interrupting Taehyung’s thoughts.

Taehyung shook his head “nope. I dont know why. Maybe one of those assignments or projects” a disappointment could be heard from the way he talked.

“seems like those assignments are more important than you, huh?" Rap Monster joked.

Taehyung just shrugged and went back to practice.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

“AARRGGHHH!!” grabbing your hair, you screamed in frustration. 5 hours. You have been doing this project for a good 5 hours. By yourself. Yes, this is a group project but you were doing it alone. Why? Because apparently your other 4 friends had ‘something’ to do. You hated yourself for believing in them, believing in their lies. You knew Minji wasn’t sick, she just didn’t want to do the project. The other 2 who were a couple, you knew they were comitting some sins. While this one boy named Hajin promised to come but he wasn’t even there. You decided you were done with it and will hand it to your group members tomorrow to let them finish it. You didn’t want anything to do with that cause you’ve done about half of it.

By the time you arrived at home it was already 11pm. You were dead tired. 5 hours of doing project really made you forget about eating. When you went in, kicking your shoes to god knows where, you saw the lights were off. oh, Taehyung isn’t home yet you thought and shuffled to the kitchen to get something to fill your grumbling stomach. A piece of paper on the dining table caught your eyes. It said ‘i know you forgot to eat. So i prepared something for you. eat it all, okay? Don’t get sick. I love you  –Taehyung’. you put the paper down and half-running to your bedroom. You saw your boyfriend,curling on the bed. You left a peck on his head and moved back to the kitchen to eat the food Taehyung made. Then you changed your clothes and hugged Taehyung to sleep.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day, you didn’t talk with Taehyung at all. He didn’t call you or text you. you didn’t either. It was because you two were too busy with your jobs and assignments. That day you also arrived home late, but he wasn’t there. You didn’t bother to call him and ask where he was, you just thought he was at the studio and you went to sleep.

Several days went by like that. You coming home late at night, and Taehyung came home even more late. you often found notes sticked on the fridge, telling you to take care of your health and some sweet words Taehyung left for you. you would reply the notes, sticking it next to his and the next morning he would answer yours. That was the only communication you had with him. It wasn’t like your phone is broken or something. You just stopped texting and calling each other, knowing that if you did, he wouldn’t answer it anyway. So why bother? He thought the same.

After about a week, finally you were freed from all the projects and assignments. You sighed, thinking about the days you were struggling to get those done. A vibrate from your phone in your pocket interrupted your thoughts. you answered it before even checking who the caller was “hello”

“jagiya” you froze. It was Taehyung. hearing his voice made you realized how much you’ve missed him.

“yes...” it has been so long since you last heard his voice. you don't know why but you felt like crying right then and there.

“i have a day off today. When will your class end? I will pick you up and we could go grab dinner”

You didn’t know why but you kind of hesitated. “ah, no its alright. I’m already on my way home now. Lets just meet there, okay?” you hang up and get ready to head off home when someone shouted your name. “what is it?”

“professor Kim wanted to meet you in his office” you furrowed your eyebrows. What the hell does he want. You finished your project on time and you got good score. You thanked the girl who informed you and quickly went to his office.

You couldn’t believe what you heard. You were staring at the professor with widened eyes, no words could escape from your mouth. “so Minhee, will you take this offer or not?” you still stayed quiet. “this is a really good chance for you to experience something new. Isn’t this what you always wanted? Your dream is now so close to you” he said again, expecting you to say yes to his words.

“yes professor, i take the offer” without even realising, you blurted out words that soon will cause your 2 years of relationship with Taehyung come to an end.

“good choice, Minhee. You will leave next week on Monday. Prepare your stuffs and don’t forget to tell your family and friends that you are going to leave the country for a little while” he smiled, happy that you took the offer.

You nodded and stood up, thanking him. When you closed his office’s door, thats when the reality hit you. you looked at the paper he gave to you. you have been offered a scholarship in a university in Australia which was what you always wanted. But that means you have to be away from your family and friends. And your boyfriend. Can you survive living away from him? You weren’t sure. But right now whats important is how to tell your boyfriend about this new.               

When you arrived at home Taehyung was on the kitchen, cooking your favorite dish. You could tell because you could smell it from when you stepped on the front door. “Taehyung i’m home” you heard a stove being turned off and Taehyung appeared wearing an apron, hugging you. “hi, how was your day?” you let go of him and sat on the sofa,avoiding his gaze. “it was fine, at least there was no projects and assignments”

“good then. By the way” he grabbed your hand and dragged you to the kitchen “i made your favorite dish!” you smiled. “thanks jagiya. I really need that food right now” he set up the dining table and you were surprised that he could actually do this. He usually didn’t do something like this. All he did was sit,eat and leave. You did all the other things. ‘he is ready to live alone then’ a sad smile formed on your lips.

You were laying on the bed, eyes focused to the ceiling. Thinking how you should tell him that you will be out of Korea for 2 years. about your relationship with him. To be honest you didn’t know what to do. should i continue this relationship? do a long distance relationship? you tossed your body to the left and you gasped. Taehyung was staring at you the whole time. “what were you thinking jagiya?” he scooted closer, a hand found your hips. “aniya, nothing” you forced a smile “i’m tired. I’m going to sleep. Goodnight” “goodnight jagiya, i love you” Taehyung kissed you and you both drifted off to dream land.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

You looked at the calendar. It was Sunday. Tomorrow you will left to a foreign country and live there for 2 years to pursue your dream and career. Yet you still haven’t tell Taehyung about it. He was at the studio, recording songs for BTS new album. You were anxious. You have made up your mind about what you were going to tell him. And you hoped he would understand. But some part of you believed he would be really mad and sad.

You heard some beeps, indicating someone had typed in the password to your house. You anxiously walked around the living room, waiting for him to get in. “jagiya, i’m home” he smiled that goofy smile when he saw you standing in front of him. “Taehyung, we need to talk” his smile slowly left his face. “what is it about?” you sighed. That made him panic. “tell me Minhee, what is it you want to talk about?”

“its...” you looked down “its about us”

“what about us? Don’t tell me you want to...” he was afraid to continue his words. He was afraid that what he thought was true.

“i don’t think i can continue our relationship” you stated, still looking at the ground. Afraid to see how he would react.

“what...  but why?...” he choked on his words. You could tell he was very upset.

“the truth is, i have to go to Australia. I got a scholarship for 2 years. so...yeah” now you were looking at the wall on your right. Still didn’t want to see his sad face.

“Minhee... wh-why did you just tell me about that now?” he was disappointed and hurt.

“i’m so sorry Taehyung. i didn’t know how to tell you”

“Minhee...”

“i will leave tomorrow” That left him speechless. He hurried to came home thinking he would be able to spend time with you, cuddling and hearing stories from you. but instead he was listening to your request to break up with him. His mind was now a total mess.

“but...why you want to break up?”

“its just... its already hard when we are here living at the same house. We barely see and contact each other. Imagine what would it be if i’m a thousand miles away from you. it won’t work, Taehyung” you were surprised you weren’t crying when you said those words.

“i promise i will be a better boyfriend. I will call you as many times as i could in a day, we could do video call too! Just please,don’t end this relationship” a desperation could be heard from the way he talked.

“i’m so sorry Taehyung” you have made up your mind. There was no turning back. you already broke his heart so you will go all the way to the end. “we are over”

“NO! Don’t you trust me? we could do it, Minhee” he pleaded.

You didn’t answer. “Minhee...” he squeezed your hand. “Minhee please... i couldn’t live without you” tears were about to flood from your eyes but you did a good job holding it in.

Shaking your head, you left him to the bedroom. But before you could take your first step, he hugged you from behind. That did it. Your cheeks are now wet from your tears that keep falling down. “T-Taehyung..” you said between sobs. “please...don’t do this..” his hug on you tightened and you sobbed even more.

He turned you around, making you face his red eyes. He was also crying, sobbing as hard as you. “Please... please say that you lied. That this is just a prank” you covered your mouth with your hand,muffling the sobbing sound and shaking your head. “i’m s-sorry...” you ran to the bedroom, laying flat on your stomach, face burried in the pillow.

Taehyung laid down next to you, hugging your trembling body. “Minhee...” you turned to him and hugged him. You didn’t know it would be this hard. You never thought he would cry like that. You expected him to be angry, but instead he was sobbing hard. That hurt you.

As the night got deeper and darker, your sobs began to decrease. And soon you were in a peaceful state of mind.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Taehyung squinted his eyes. the light from the outside forced him to get off of the bed. He groaned and slowly opened his tired eyes. he gazed at the ceiling for a while before turned to his left. He saw the bedsheet was kind of messy,telling him that she was there last night. He sat up. Eyes scanning the room.

He felt her absence. It was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. You wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone. And right at that moment Taehyung knew he wouldn’t be able to be greeted by his angel everytime he wakes up.



wow this is longer than i expected xD

i hope this is angst enough hahaha

what do you think? please leave some comments so i would know what to write for the next chapter ;D