Simple Date? Part 2

No Other Than These Famous Idiots!

 

“Yeah, I’ve had to climb over several gates to get away from fans before, so this can’t be a problem! It’s probably only nine feet tall.”

“You’re kidding right?”

“Nope.”

“How did you learn this?! Aren’t you bad at all sports?!”

“Heechul’s brother taught me how to parkour last year, so it made running away from fans even more fun!” Kyuhyun smiled.

“But these are vertical, metal bars! You’re forgetting that I don’t exercise, that I don’t run away from crazy fangirls on a daily basis, and lastly, I don’t know how to parkour! Also, what the heck is parkouring anyways?!”

“Not the point, let’s go,” he smiled, grabbing my hand and started to drag me to the part of the gates that had more horizontal and slanted metal bars. “Climb,” he said, I stared at him.

“You’re kidding right?”

“No, now climb.”

“Kyuhyun!”

“Do it, and do it now.”

He glared; I gulped, and took off my shoes and threw them to the other side of the gates. I got one leg on one of the bars and slowly climbed up.

“Kyuhyun, I can’t get on the other bar. My legs are too short!”

“Hold onm,” he sighed, before I knew it, I felt his hands on my .

“KYUHYUN!”

“HOLD ON!” he said, pushing me.

“K-Kyuhyun, this is embarrassing!”

“Don’t worry about it!” he said as he pushed me up on the gate, “Hurry up and put your foot on the bar!”

“Alright,” I said and straddled the top of the gates. “Kyuhyun, I think I’m stuck,” I announced. “I can’t get down! Help!”

“Hold on,” Kyu sighed as he quickly jumped on the gates and jumped over as if it was nothing. “Now, slowly go over, and I’ll catch you if you fall.”

“P-promise?” I said, not even looking down.

“Mhm.”

I slowly placed my other leg on the other side and felt Kyuhyun’s arms around my legs and back. I looked at him while hiding my pink cheeks.

He put me down, “Now that wasn’t so hard!” he smirked. I smiled, slowly nodding me head.

“I-I guess…” I mumbled.

We started to walk down the yellow brick road, “Oh boy,” Kyuhyun muttered.

I looked at him then at whatever that was in front of us.

. . .

You’re kidding right?

Another gate? YOU’RE JOKING RIGHT?! I don’t remember this gate being here!

“Don’t worry about it, you see that little cement thing with the dirt and trees? You don’t have to climb so high this time!” he grinned. I gave a breath for relief and ran to the cement. I threw my shoes over to the other side, and climbed on the gates. One foot on the horizontal bar, the other one on the next bar.

I was finally on top and slowly started down—that is, before I accidentally took a step and soon fell down on the ground.

“OWWWWW.” I groaned.

“Are you okay?” he asked before he started to climb the gate.

“I think so—OWWW!” I yelped when I tried to stand up. Kyuhyun jumped to the ground and knelt beside me and rolled my pant leg up. “What are you—OWWW!” I yelped when he pressed his thumb on my ankle.

“Sprained ankle,” he muttered. “Aish, you should really be careful when climbing gates!”

“I’m sorry! But I’m not use to climbing and all that!”  I defended. I squealed again when he pressed on my ankle once more. “STOP THAT, WILL YOU!? It hurts!”

“Get on my back.”

“What?”

“Get on.”

He took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders.

“W-What was the jacket for?”

“Your leg was cold, so your body must be cold also.” he said and placed both hands on my cheeks.

So…warm…

“Aish! Why didn’t you tell me you were freezing?!” he complained. “I would’ve given you my jacket!”

“It’s fine,” I mumbled and quickly placed my hands over his hands. “Just don’t let go yet.”

I smiled.  He looked around, I did the same. Was he looking for something?

I stared at Kyuhyun who turned his gaze back at me, and before I knew it, his cheeks were pressed against mine and his arms wrapped around my body. Did I push away? No. He was too warm for me to even think about pushing away. I slid my hands on his back, resting my chin on his shoulder.

We were in that position for a minute before he let go. I pouted when his warmth left. He turned around, “Get on my back.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Get on.”

“Why?”

“I’m not gonna let you walk all the way home.”

“Why not?”

“Because I know you’re going to go, ‘Aish! Kyuhyun’s so inconsiderate! I mean, seriously! How can he just let a girl, with a sprained ankle, hop around?’”

I gave out a small “heh” and got on his back; he stood up and started walking. I let my head rest on his back while my arms were wrapped around his neck. I could feel my heart beating faster than normal. Could he feel it? I hope not…

“It tickles,” he said. I stared at him. “Your arms around my neck tickle.”

“Ah…” I said as I put one hand on his shoulder.

“Its fine, you can keep it like that. I just said it tickled.”

“Oh, alright…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~’

He slowly put me down on the fountain and sat down with me.

“Kyuhyun, are you okay?”

He kept on breathing, then looked at me and nodded. “As… You can tell…” he breathed, “I don’t…” again, he inhaled sharply, “exercise often.”

“Oh…” I nodded. There was a silent moment before I stupidly asked, “Hey Kyu, why do you like me?”

He paused. “Why do you wanna know?” he asked, not even turning around to look at me.

“Mmm…” I thought for a moment, “Well…We’ve only known each other for a year, and became friends for so long. Then we didn’t see each other for so long. So why—no, how did you fall for me?”

He pursed his lips. “I don’t know actually.”

I pouted my lips, “If you don’t know then, how you are so sure you even have feelings for me?”

He turned to look at me, I shut my mouth. “Why do I need a reason to like you? Falling for you was something I had no control over,” he replied.

I stared at him and looked away. I could feel my cheeks turning red because of his words. I tried to stop myself from smiling, but ended up looking like an idiot, I’m sure.

“Hey Alex,” he started, “when I was gone, did you miss me?”

I looked at him and caught his eye making me look away, “M-maybe a little. Why?”

He placed his hand on mine and scooted closer. I felt as if my heart was about to leap out of its cage. “Because I really missed you.”  

If punching your chest didn’t look stupid, then I would’ve done it by now. My heart was saying, “YAY! I WANT FREEDOM! GET ME OUT OF HERE!”

“M-Mhm,” was the only thing that could escape my lips.

“Alex, why aren’t you looking at me?” he asked, I turned to look at him again but my heart started to beat even faster. “Alex? Are you okay?” he asked, I nodded.

“C-completely fine.”

“You’re stuttering. Is it that cold?” he asked scooting closer to me to fix the jacket.

“Mhm! I’m completely fine!”

What the heck is wrong with me?! WHY WON’T MY BODY LISTEN TO ME?! Why is my heart beating so fast all of a sudden!? It wasn’t acting like this earlier! Why is it like this now?!

“Ah, Alex. You never told me the reason why you don’t call guys ‘oppa’.”

I stared at him, “Do you really wanna know?” he nodded, I sighed. “Kyuhyun, have you ever had someone really close to you, but the next day they left?” he stared at me and slowly nodded his head, “I really hate that word ‘oppa’ because I feel as if there’s a curse with that word. As if the person that I’m saying it to is going to leave me one day—no—as if they’re going to leave me the next day. When I was in the foster home, I use to call Kibum that, simply because the guy was usually older if they dated, but when I started calling him that, my dad adopted me back into the family. When I had the courage to call Donghwa and Donghae oppa, Donghwa started to date, leaving me alone and Donghae left for SM. When I had that crush on 8th grade and called the guy oppa, he never talked to me again after a while. All in all… Whenever I say that word—to someone who’s close to me, they’re going to leave me right away… That’s why I call guys ‘hyung’ more often.”

“You called me that once, so does that mean you want me to go away?”

“No, it’s cause you and Donghae keep complaining about it even though I hate that word like crazy! PSH! You two never asked why I hated that word! It’s always ‘SEE! UKI CALLS US OPPA’ or ‘see what that girl on TV did?’ and all that!  Never once have you two ever considered my feelings on that! Do you think I want you two to leave me? NOOO! Oh my gosh! And not to mention Leeteuk! He’s probably one of the biggest reasons why I’m now forced to use that cursed word! AISH!” I pouted and crossed my arms, “So as you can see, that’s the REAL reason I hate that word!”

“Then why do you call Yunho ‘oppa’?”

I looked at him and smiled, “Yunho and you are different. I never really had a personal relationship with Yunho or anyone in DBSK, so I call them ‘oppa’ because well… I’m Korean, and that’s what Korean girls do!” I gave him a cheeky smirk. “Also, Yunho’s never around, and isn’t that how girls flirt?”

“Yeah, but after hearing girls from all around the world say that to me… I’m tired of hearing it.”

“SEE! So don’t ever ask me to call you that ever again!”

He turned to look at me and immediately pinched my cheeks. “You nerd,” he beamed. “But you better pay more attention to me rather than Yunho!”

“Not my fault Yunho’s my type!”

“Just what is your type?!” he sighed, “I can’t figure it out! Yunho, Hangeng, and Henry—they’re all different! So answer! Who’s your type?!”

“Type?” I looked at them then looked away to think. “Yunho.”

“But Yunho and Hangeng are different.”

“I know, but I’m a er for tiny eyes, and for Hangeng, I didn’t mind since there was a cute puffiness!”

“That’s it? Tiny eyes? W-well, I use to have tiny eyes!”

“Yes, but still…” I mumbled and started to play with my shoes, “They’re not the same…I like it when guys have these really tiny eyes so that I could joke around with him going, ‘Can you see? Can you see?’ and all that! Guys with big eyes… Well, it may be good looking, but it’s not any fun…”

His eyebrow rose. “Are you serious?”

I nodded my head. “One hundred percent!”

He looked dumbfounded; his jaw was dropped as he continued to stare at me. “I shouldn’t have become famous,” he muttered.

“Why not?”

“It’s because—well, my eyes use to be small.”

“I know, but your eyes really surprise me for some reason.”

“Why?”

“Usually, when people have eye surgery, I would like their smaller eyes better! But with you…I guess the reason is because I knew you longer so that’s why I don’t care as much…”

He smirked.

“So, I’m your bias in Super Junior?”

“Now when did I say that?”

“Come on! Admit it!”

“Sorry! Henry took that spot!”

“Second bias?”

“Leeteuk!”

“Thrid?”

“Kangin!”

“Fourth…”

“Yesung!”

“Fifth?”

“Shindong.

“What am I to you then?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure, but probably in the top 15.” I smirked.

He stared at me, giving me a puppy face. “Can’t I be in the top 5?”

“Nope!”

“Why?!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at his cute expression, “Whose spot in my bias list do you wanna take?”

“Of all your biases?”

“Mhm, not going to happen.”

“U-know Yunho”

“Sorry, request denied.”

His mouth opened, “Why?”

“Yunho’s been my bias for 6 years! I’m not gonna give him up!”

“WHY?!”

“Because Yunho’s one of the reason why I didn’t kill myself! I mean, I had really few reasons to live for a while and Yunho helped!”

“How come you never asked Donghae to set you two up on a date?”

“I forgot that Donghae was from SM entertainment…”

“What?”

“I never paid attention to what Donghae’s company was. I always thought that it was JYP or something like that. SM never crossed my mind since SM usually makes these SUPER popular groups with a whole bunch of talent! And Donghae: All that kid can do is dance…”

“Is little Alex jealous?”

“No I’m not! I’m mad! All this time, he was in the exact same company as Yunho, but he never told me!”

“Didn’t you tell him that you were Yunho’s fan?”

“I did! Wait a second,” my eyes widened and quickly clapped, “that explains all the Yunho autograph pictures he sent me!”

“…Wow…You know just got it?”

I looked at Kyuhyun, and then gave him a fake smile, “I know! I’m smart aren’t I?!” I sarcastically said.

Crossing my arms, I looked away. That’s when my stomach grumbled. I immediately clenched my stomach.

He patted my back. “I see a convenience store across the street: I’ll be right back,” he said. Giving me his phone, he looked at me again going, “If anyone tries to kidnap you, call Donghae.”

He gave me an evil, lopsided smile before running to the convenience store. I sat there, possibly having the stupidest grin in the world while staring at Kyuhyun’s Iphone. I slid the bar thing to unlock and the passcode came up. Four numbers…

Could it be his birthday?

0203?

 Nope…

2388

Again…no luck…

0288?

I guess not…

Possibly my birthday?

I looked at the sky, and started to count the months with my fingers. Ah! May’s the 5th month!  I looked at the phone and put in 0502…It worked…

Aww, Kyu’s so sweet!

I clicked on his iTunes, and saw the song being stopped on a DBSK song. “Choosy Lover,” I looked at the “Recently played” and saw 25 of the songs being DBSK.

“Back!” Kyuhyun said, running back, putting a huge ramen bowl between us.

I stared at the bowl. “Kyuhyun, isn’t this the spicy kind?”

“Yes, and?” he asked, “Don’t you like spicy stuff?” he finished, giving me a pair of chopsticks.

“Don’t you hate spicy food?”

He smiled. “I do, so what?” he opened his chopsticks and rubbed them together.

“No, as in…Don’t you REALLY hate spicy things? As in, can’t stand them at all?” I asked, he put his chopsticks in the bowl, opened my jaw and put the noodles into my mouth.

“Let’s just eat, okay? No questions what-so-ever.”

I nodded and started to slurp the noodles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~’

After 10 minutes of eating, Kyuhyun and I started to talk again for Lord knows how long! Right now, I was on Kyuhyun’s back as he was walking back to the dorms.

“Hey Kyuhyun…” I yawned, resting my head on his back.

“Hm~?”

“I googled your name and saw Hanuel unnie…”

He stopped, “What about her?”

I gave him a weak chuckle as I tried to open my tired eyes, “I’m jealous of her…”

“Why are you jealous of her?”

Sighing, I replied, “Because… She got to meet you first…” I hit his back to get his attention, “I got to thinking while you were in Thailand… That if maybe you weren’t famous, then we could’ve dated…”

“How would that be?”

“Mmm...” I thought for a moment, trying to think of the right words, “If you would’ve gone further and gotten a master in music, then we could’ve possibly met at the university… We could’ve gone out on a date during the day without being scared of stalker fans and news media… Ah! Kyuhyun! Think about it! We could’ve been a university couple!”

“So are you saying that we can’t be together because I’m famous?”

“It’s just that I’m scared to be hurt again.”

“How?!”

I rubbed my tired eyes, “There are pretty Korean girls with you, flirting with you every day, single day… I’m scared that you might…”

“I won’t,” he muttered.

Silence came between us. I yawned again, wanting to go to sleep, but he broke the silence asking, “Hey Alex… Do you think that maybe, just maybe, you’re starting to have feelings for me?”

I felt my body growing weak as my heart started to beat faster… I wanted to answer, but I didn’t have the strength to even open my eyes…

Cho Kyuhyun…I think I already fell for you without realizing it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HJIO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIR5rGA-yNc&feature=feedu