Our Last Ever (Jaehwan)

✿ vixx drabblessss ✿

your name: Min Dohee <3


My friends promised me this party would be a harmless one with nothing that can harm me.
 
I was wrong for trusting them.
 
After taking too many shots of electricity-infused alcohol and electricity-infused cigarettes, I decided to ditch the place and head to the hospital lab where Jaehwan works.
 
Lee Jaehwan is one of the lead doctors in Chwe Labs. Today he had a meeting with the lead doctors in labs from all over the country, and right now he's working on some things in the lab.
 
He's warned me plenty of times about the electric products that the enemy lab would release, and I promised myself that I would never take them like I have successfully promised my boyfriend that I would never take the normal ones either.
 
I felt awful walking, even trying to walk to his lab. My limbs were having more and more trouble from each step. My head was pulsing in discomfort. My eyes felt indescribably hot. 
 
Without thinking, I ran, ignoring anything coming that could kill me. 
 
I went to the back of the building and opened the steel door with the card Jaehwan gave me when we first started dating.
 
"Jaehwan," I tried to yell. "Help me, please...." I ran through the halls to get to Jaehwan's lab room. "I should've listened to you.... I'm sorry..."
 
My breathing hitched as I slammed my body in front of his door. I swiped the card by the sensor again and plodded inside.
 
After a few steps inside, my body gave way and fell. "Jaehwan!"
 
I was crying uncontrollably from the discomfort and the guilt I felt. I was in pain all over. This could be the end of me, unless the serum can save me.
 
Jaehwan has been working on a serum that he says can either make or break a person. The result is 50/50. You can be completely healed of whatever problem you come up with. Or the opposite can happen:
 
You lose your senses and die, resulting into dust.
 
"Dohee," I heard him say before he kneeled by me. "What happened?"
 
"I...my friends made me take the electricity at a party I went to.... I'm so sorry... I don't-"
 
"Ssh, I know you didn't mean to do it." He pulled me up into a tight hug. "I'm just glad you came here before I lost you completely without saying good bye. If I have to lose you, it'll be better to have me here to see it happen."
 
"For now, sit there while I get some eye drops for you." Jaehwan carried me bridal style to a metal chair before leaving to grab the said eye drops.
 
I sat there and looked around the room. There were electric monitors all over the room. His best friend who unfortunately sacrificed his body for Jaehwan's experiment was standing in the corner of the room. His head was intact skin and flesh, but the neck bone and ribcage was made of metal and the rest of the lower body was only a metal pole and developing metal legs.
 
"Dohee, are you going to be alright?" The robot, Hongbin asked me. 
 
I sighed and tried my best to speak. "I don't know..."
 
"I'll give you and Jaehwan privacy. Good night." He shut himself off before Jaehwan walked back in the room.
 
Jaehwan had with him the bottle of eye drops and a glass box. He set the box down and kneeled in front of me with the bottle. "Bring your face closer to me."
 
I complied before he pulled my bottom eyelid down with his finger and squeezed a few drops. He went to the other eye. "These are from Minkseu Labs. They relieve the red from the eyes and you can feel your eyes healing immediately."
 
Jaehwan brought over a chair for himself in front of me as I felt the eye drops definitely do its job. "You're right, it does feel like it's working."
 
Jaehwan let out a short laugh. "Yep, the girls there are really smart, and all their inventions have been successful." He took out a little blue candy wrapped in a transparent paper. "They also made these special peppermints that remove scent and taste of the problem from only the mouth. They taste just like normal ones. Your breath also ends up tasting really nicely too." He unwrapped it and plopped it in my mouth.
 
It tasted just like any ordinary red and white peppermint. "Mmh, tasty."
 
While I tried to dissolve the candy, Jaehwan took my hands and gripped them firmly. "Do you know why I gave you that?"
 
I swallowed the remainder of the candy. "Not a clue."
 
"I would think that you would want us to have a good last kiss to remember."
 
My eyes grew wide once he finished speaking. "What do you mean...why would we need to kiss now...and why would it be our last?"
 
"Remember the serum I told you about? The one that can cost someone's life?"
 
I slowly nodded. "What about it?"
 
He took the box on the gray floor and opened it. There was a glowing alien-like teal liquid in a prescription bottle.
 
"What I forgot to tell you was that the committee of lab doctors decided that it would be best to test my product on the first person that comes to me with an overdose of the electric spiked cigarettes and alcohol..."
 
I gulped in fear.
 
"...and honey, I promised them that I would do it."
 
"No, it can't be-"
 
"I'm sorry Dohee...but that first person is you."
 
I sighed as another tear fell again. There's no point in arguing with a committee of doctors. I would have to take this to help the people of the future.
 
"Okay...I'll do it. I'll take that risk of it benefits the citizens in some way."
 
"It w-will..." Jaehwan choked back sobs that would fill the room. "But are you sure you really want to do this? I mean I could lie and-"
 
"You know how much I think lying is wrong. I'm sure I'll do this for everyone's sake. I'll..." I broke. The sobs couldn't stop from coming out. "I'll miss you so much, Lee Jaehwan."
 
Jaehwan cupped my cheeks in his hands. "Just know that I'll miss you too. So, so much. Even when I had to stay here late, I always had you on my mind. You are my everything...and if you do end up dead...I'll find someone that has put in as much love and compassion into everything as you have."
 
He moved his hands around my waist. "I just...I didn't ever think that because of this job, I'd lose a best friend and a girlfriend."
 
I used all my might to set my hands around his neck. "Just make sure that girl that you'll marry in the future is a good girl and accepts your everlasting love for me."
 
Jaehwan let out a snort between his cries before moving his face closer. "Of course, my beautiful octopus girl."
 
I managed to move most of my remaining energy to my lips and melting into the kiss that would be my last, our last.
 
I remember our first kiss in the yard of our boarding house, how he slowly bent down from his tall 182 centimeter height to my short 150 centimeter height. How our combining lips looked to the other members of the house that stared from behind the bushes.
 
It was a perfect first.
 
And it would be a perfect finale.
 
Jaehwan slowly pulled away before measuring 2.5 milliliters of the liquid into a cup. "Are you ready?"
 
"I've always been ready for anything." I took the cup from his trembling hand.
 
"I love you Min Dohee," he said.
 
"I love you too Lee Jaehwan," I replied back before gulping the serum in once swift movement.
 
I couldn't scream as I felt my senses wash away. I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't taste the mint aftertaste in my mouth anymore. I lost my ability to move. I couldn't smell his beautiful cologne scent anymore. 
 
The irises in my eyes rapidly changed to about every single color in existence before I felt my whole eye become black like a eclipse.
 
The only thing I felt was Jaehwan feverishly kissing me again and again, but I couldn't kiss back. I was able to hear his cries of my name until all my senses were vanished and my body disappearing back into dust where it began.

i'm sorry i couldn't help but make this a Min Dohee x Lee Jaehwan thing