Refreshing Romance (Jaehwan)

✿ vixx drabblessss ✿

your name: Kim Jina <3


'How was I supposed to know that he was hired for the same job as me?' I thought to myself as I saw him preparing a customer's order of a caramel latte with chocolate syrup and extra-extra caramel.

 

Frost Warm Cafe is a pop-up cafe made to test their new recipes to see if people would like the delicacies created by the Go family ancestry. They have a variety of drinks and hot sandwiches to serve to those who need a quick warm up this fall/winter season. They also add a little bit of their korean 'sparkle' to every single order. Since cafes are my favorite places to calm myself and I needed a job just until I graduate in a month, I decided this would be the perfect place to find work.

 

Today was the first day the cafe would be open to the public. I arrived at work thirty minutes before my shift started along with four other employees that I've never seen in the outside world before.

 

While cleaning the display cases Mrs. Go, our kind boss, approached me. "Ms. Kim, you will work the front. Cha, Park, Heo, and Jung will work on the food in the back. Lee will also work out here with you."

 

"Okay," I quickly responded before she disappeared behind the swirling doors. 'Lee...Where have I heard that name before....It's probably just a common name....'

 

While wiping down the windows in the front I noticed a familiar face enter the cafe.

 

"Oh, hi Jina." It was none other than Mr. Lee. Lee Jaehwan.

 

I almost lost grip of the towel in my hand. "Hi Jaehwan. You work here too?"

 

"Yep, you-"

 

"Hello Mr. Lee!" Mrs. Go interrupted. "You'll be working the front with Kim here. Now you two position yourselves," she clapped. "We open up shop in three minutes!"

 

Jaehwan checked the coffee makers while I finished cleaning the windows. When 6:30 struck, I flipped the sign to Open before walking back behind the counter, far away from my recent crush.

 

Two minutes. No customers.

 

Five minutes. Still no customers.

 

Ten minutes. An eight year old orphan I offered a free hot chocolate to. I mean why would you not give a sad-looking kid a drink for no price?

 

"That was a nice thing you did for her. Charging her nothing for the drink," I heard Jaehwan say while mixing up the caramel order.

 

"It was nothing really," I replied softly. "It's just a thing you just have to do for lonely kids."

 

"Right."

 

The cafe wasn't as busy as I hoped it were to be. But all the customers that did show up were more than satisfied. I'm not sure if I'm satisfied myself considering the fact that all Jaehwan and I conversed about was quick sentences like "Where's the creamers" and "How do you work this thing".

 

Mrs. Go and the other employees left right at closing, leaving only us to clean. Jaehwan went to clean the windows and the coffee machines and counter while I went to clean up the dishes in the back.

 

Next thing I know, I was laying on the floor with a sharp pain on my back and a bit of blood flooding from my hand because of a shard from a glass cup.

 

Someone left a huge puddle of orange juice, and I somehow slipped and broke the final glass cup.

 

I laid there with my non-injured hand covering my eyes, panting from the sudden discomfort throughout my body.

 

I felt a delicate hand wrap a fabric gauze around my bloodied hand. "You're okay Jina. I'll take care of you."

 

"Jaehwan?" I peeked through my hand to find him caressing my mummy-wrapped hand.

 

He let out his hand towards me. "Here I'll do the rest of the work. Just rest yourself in the main room."

 

Jaehwan pulled me up when I took his hand, and I accidentally landed myself in the warmth of his chest. Before I could pull off, he wrapped his arms around my center.

 

We stood like this for a moment, resting with the other in peace. He moved away to clean my mess while i situated myself at one of the tables near the entrance. My eyes drooped up and down before they rested into a calming sleep.

 

I woke up to my head on his shoulder and his hand petting my messy hair. "Are you okay?" I heard him ask.

 

"Yea I'm mostly okay, but I think I'll get fired for this." I lifted up my right hand and let out a short laugh.

 

"I'll convince Mrs. Go somehow to not fire you. You're good company here." He then slipped my left hand into his right. "We should leave. Let me take you home."

 

 

He slowly stood and walked backwards with his hand still in mine. I giggled before standing close to him.

 

 

We left the cafe, not forgetting to lock the front and back doors. Our hands were glued to each other the whole calm walk to my house.

 


For once, the silence between us wasn't awkward at all. It was lovely.


BOOM double update and triple Lee Jaehwan~ I'm actually pretty satisfied with this one for once >< some of you might have noticed that i have yet to write a drabble for our maknae Hyukkie~ I remember writing a story for him but I LOST IT TT...  I'll make sure to rewrite an even better story for him~^^ please request and look at my other stories too >3<