Dystopia-3

Dystopia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where did you go today?” Jiwon, the man that Eunji was living with, asked as soon as Eunji was home.

 

“To that abandoned house again,” she answered. There was a click that was the sound of the front door shutting, and then a small rush of air as Eunji sighed.

“Again!? Eunji, do you not know how dangerous that is?” Jiwon followed her through several of the doorways in their home, where they stopped in the living room. It was dark in this room, due to the fact that dark curtains had been drawn over the windows.

 

“Yes,” she answered. “I do know how dangerous it is to go there. And you don’t have to worry about that anymore, because I won’t be going back there again.” She sat down in the armchair in the room.

 

Jiwon’s eyebrows furrowed, and he questioned her, “What do you mean? Has something happened?”

“No, nothing has happened,” Eunji laughed at him. “You don’t need to worry. I’m just going to be visiting a different place, occasionally, from now on.”

 

“Oh? And where will you be going, then?”

“Over to a new friend’s house; they have some paintings on display that I like a lot,” she smiled at the thought. Some small emotion flashed behind Jiwon’s eyes.

“You’ve met some new friends?” Jiwon placed his fingertips over his chin in thought.

“Yeah, when I went to the market today.”

“You went to the market? Why didn’t you purchase anything?”

 

“Oh,” Eunji started, caught in her lie. She had to think of something quickly. “Well, I was going to buy some of the new cereals they had on display, but I got so distracted by these people that I forgot to. They were a really lively bunch, but dressed as if they were still in a rebellious stage. One of them had really beautiful, ice blue eyes!”

“What were their names?” Jiwon asked; his eyes were narrowed slightly. The question caused Eunji to freeze. She had entirely forgotten, for a few moments, that Jiwon was a teacher at the school system, and he often spoke of a couple of bad students, whom somewhat fit the description of the people Eunji had been describing.

 

“Uh,” she gave a nervous laugh. “Woohyun… and Dongwoo”

“I see,” Jiwon nodded. “Eunji, did you know that today, two of my students- who had apparently called in sick- had been spotted, with a young woman, carrying a strange canvas bag from your favorite house to visit? A young girl who just so happens to look a lot like you, in fact.”

 

Eunji froze.

“Uh, no, I did not,” she told him. “I must have left before they visited.” She scratched the back of her neck, smiling up at Jiwon. Jiwon’s eyes remained narrowed with suspicion.

“Alright, then,” he sighed, giving up on interrogating Eunji. He left the room Eunji was sitting in.

“What a relief,” she mutt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter