Dystopia-5

Dystopia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you remember that time when you first met me?” Eunji asked during dinner. Jiwon let out a short laugh, setting his glass of wine down.

“Eunji, I’m only five years older than you,” he smiled.

 

“So?”

“So, I’m not a dinosaur,” he rolled his eyes, picking his glass of wine back up and taking a sip from it.

“So, do you remember?” Eunji pressed again. There was a small sigh from Jiwon, and he looked up at her from his glass.

“Of course I do,” he answered; there was a very gentle tone to his voice. “I was… about twelve years old. You wore your pretty, yellow dress… and your parents asked mine to take care of you, if anything ever happened to them.”

“You were wearing a crisp, blue shirt. I remember hating you…”

 

“I remember hating you, too,” Jiwon chuckled again. “For a while, at first, but then…” He set his wine glass down again.

“…But then?” Eunji encouraged, noticing the odd look in Jiwon’s eye. Jiwon snapped out of whatever daze he had been in, smiled sheepishly, and shook his head, looking down at the table.

“No, never mind,” he told her. “It’s not very important.” Eunji smiled lightly.

 

“Okay,” she allowed the subject to drop. Dinner continued peacefully and quietly.

While washing the dishes, Eunji thought back to when she had run into Kai and Sehun. She remembered how she had hid behind the sofa, and how her bag had given her away… Her bag! She had left it at the house, because she had gotten so carried away with helping the two boys steal the paintings. She had already told Jiwon that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter