Seven

Rivaled Society

The giant land that was once for sale for a suburb was sold by a rich owner who created his own school. In order to pay back the bank the school students that attended were rich. They were unaware where their school fee were really going but after a few years of running the owner was able to pay it off and take the school seriously. The school had every facility others schools could not afford such as pools and gyms. While some schools were able to have one small classroom for a gym or have one section for a pool this school had a whole section for it, like an arena. The school had enough space for each individual specialisation. For work experience, students would work in retail shops selling school items with their logos on it. Or for hospitality there were sections of cafes and restaurants. It was more than what a university was. This high school was ridiculously rich that it went to many students’ heads.

“I don’t see why there are other schools around, I mean why not just come here? We have everything! The places they attend aren’t fabulous like ours” spoke one girl, goes by the name Krystal. Long brown hair that stops about waist length, she thinks that the surrounding schools are trashy and are literally made out of junk. The sight of another uniform makes her cringe no matter the smiles on the others faces, she despises them.

“well some people aren’t as rich as we are” another girl spoke, black hair with a longer length than Krystal, goes by the name of Sulli “we were born in better lives”

“So true Sulli” Krystal agreed, sitting in her seat at the centre of a classroom. Students standing around chat amongst each other at other desks. Sulli and Krystal both fix their nails with their personally styled nailfiles.

“Well it’s not their fault” a girl spoke from behind interrupting the girl’s wealthy pleasure, short blonde hair she can at times be mistaken for a boy.

“It may not be the kids fault I guess, but their parents must be horrible to have such low incomes” Sulli fixed her words extending her arm out to have a clearer view on her nails.

“It’s not their fault either, don’t be so rude Sulli” the girl spoke again, folding her arms staring down the girl.

“Shut up Amber!” She yelled looking up at the other girl, scaring Krystal and making her stuffed up one of her nails burning a bit of her fingertip as well. Shocked she got up and screamed causing heads to turn.

“Sulli look what you made me do!” She yelled shoving her finger at Sulli’s face, the girl looking just as stunned and scared as Krystal.

“Now how am I supposed to ask Taemin Oppa out with this finger!?” She complains pulling her hand back examine her index finger.

“It’s small, I don’t think he’ll notice” Amber reassured barely noticing the faint, red circle on Krystal’s fingertip. Krystal growls, her hand scrunching into a fist.

“Go back to your class you two are not even in my year” Amber takes a stand back with both of her hands up backing away from the short tempered diva. Sulli pouts and gets up from the seat in front of Krystal muttering to herself that Amber was the one to blame as she existed out.

Huffing Krystal sits back down ignoring the fact that she had some concerned stares directed at her. Fixing up her clean white blouse with the school emblem stitched onto it and patting her red square patterned skirt she pulls out her pocket mirror from her bag and checks her hair and makeup. Not a moment too soon did two familiar boys walk in; one with blonde hair, brown growing through his roots and the other was all brown headed. Krystal’s head pops up, looking past her classmates in front of her to look at the two boys chatting with another but older male, her heart exploded. Taemin had entered the classroom as well. His black short hair was styled to be messy today as he wore his uniform that was too loose on his body. Not hesitating to check him out she saw that he wasn’t wearing a singlet underneath his white blouse today, how she was tempted to throw water at him that very moment.

Ogling her eyes at him for minutes the boys remain to not notice her existence as they were too busy in their conversation. Soon to be dazing out, she woke up from the amount of books hitting her desk “hey are you even listening!?” Snapping out of her daydreams Krystal looks up beside her to find her friend Luna looking down at her with a grin on her face.

“Too busy I see” she says teasingly “weren’t you going to ask him out today?” she questions, Krystal looks up at her.

“It’s still morning, I have all day. But look at what Sulli made me do!” she whines lifting up her finger to show Luna. Luna examining the tiny bruise pushing back her short black hair behind her ears to get a better view “that’s nothing Krystal, he’ll barely notice” she reassured.

Krystal looks down at her finger examining it once again “just don’t touch, it’ll only make it more noticeable” Luna is one of the few in the school that does her school studies without a butler. She knows how to calm Krystal down since she has the understanding of a human’s emotion other than screaming and blaming others.

“Okay” Krystal said trusting Luna’s words. Luna moves to the seat in front of her and fixes the books off Krystal’s desk and moving them onto hers. After organising the books she turns around to speak to Krystal.

“So, when are you going to ask him out? He is right there” She said, a sneaky smile appearing on her face. Looking behind Luna she stares at Taemin still holding conversations with the other two; Sehun and Kai. Kai being Taemin’s brother and Sehun being their friend Krystal preferred if those two in particular weren’t around.

“His brother and Sehun are there, you know how they are” she gave a begging look to Luna silently pleading to not push her to ask him out now. Luna frowned when she turned to look at the two boys turning back to Krystal she agreed “yeah you don’t have to ask him out now”

The bell rang for their class to start and for Krystal’s disappointment her eye candy had to go to class, waving a goodbye to his brother and friend he left. Krystal sighed, slumping into her seat not wanting to do any work now that he was gone. Looking ahead at her friend, Luna had her note book flipped open wide on her desk and a pen is out to take notes, how does she do it? Krystal wonders. The rest of the class are still chatting amongst each other and when the teacher enters, she ignores them as they ignore her back. The teacher only talks to Luna about the work that was set for the day. At times would Krystal if she got too bored would listen along learn a small detail but it gets too boring and never pays attention for long and goes on her phone.

When recess came around Krystal found it to be the time of nerves approaching, she was going to do it. She was going to ask Taemin out but the thing was, where was he? During recess Krystal was searching for him, he wasn’t at his usual spot by the soccer field, and this school is large. She curses at the size of the campuses and gave up ten minutes before the bell.

Where Taemin was really at was to check up on his brother, or more for getting detention again. Resting against the door frame he smiles at the annoyed effort his brother and his mates put into sweeping the floors. Running back and forth sliding the broom on the ground the teacher leaves the room for a while to get food. After getting out of sight from the hallway Taemin gives the signalling nod and the three boys collapse.

“How did you guys break another window? You know how angry Lay is going to get” Taemin asked smiling at his exhausted Dongsaeng

“It wasn’t intentional! It just happened” Kai complains,

“Tao challenged us to see who could kick further, and I won!” Sehun explained blaming Tao but praising himself.

“No! I won! Didn’t you guys see I made it to the other side of the field?” Tao complained,

“No that was me!” Kai blurted out,

“No I swear it was me breaking the window!” Sehun argued back. Kai snaps his head around to Sehun’s direction and points “Ha! He admits it! So you clean the room by yourself!” Kai said throwing the broom in his direction.

“It was Tao’s idea so don’t blame it all on me!” Sehun said tossing the broom back.

“Since when was it my idea?” He asked frantically,

“Please don’t repeat it again” Taemin spoke up amused but a bit overdone with the argument.

“I guess it’s not all that bad, when we get up early we get to see that girl” Sehun smirked, Taemin’s ears perk up at the mention of it.

“Girl? What girl?” He questions, somewhat interested in this topic.

“A girl at that poor school, Cube High” Kai answered a smile appearing on his face as he stares at his older brother.

“From Cube High? Why are you bothering a girl from there?” Taemin questions smiling tilting his head to one side. Taemin knows that his brother would never bother with that school at all in the nicest way. But Taemin was curious about his plan Kai’s smile grows into a sleazy grin

“No reason, she is just pretty. Too bad she is already with someone though” Kai replied not sounding sad about it.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to break them up” Taemin said a bit alarmed, Kai looked down at his feet then back up with a darker grin.

“What if I was going to?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Actually I don’t think they’re dating, he looks more like a sibling” Tao pointed out, the grin becoming more evil on Kai’s face “even better”

“What are you going to do to her?” Taemin asked sounding a bit dark and protective of the girl already.

“Why do you even care Hyung? Anyway you need to see her” Kai suggested,

“Then how about I tag along in the morning? I’m not letting you walk without me anymore. I’m worried about what you do to girls on the way”

“I don’t do anything! But sure, come along”

Taemin was for sure now worried for this girl and for all the girls his brother comes across. Being a dancing major did have some perks and his brother had to break a window in his classroom, he was always such a trouble maker. If Kai cried Taemin would like to get it on camera, as blackmail for all the things he has done. Taemin watches his brother and his friends lay on the ground in the dance classroom. At first he was smiling teasingly but now he is frowning worriedly. His brother at times was really troublesome and to think they are only a year apart.

“Taemin!” A voice called from outside. Taemin turned to look outside, pulling his head back to look at the caller, it was his friend Key.

“Oh hey Hyung! What’s up?” he greeted his blonde diva friend. Key was wearing his uniform, sleeves rolled up at elbow length, hand in pocket. Key struts his way closer to Taemin like he was a working model in the middle of a shoot.

“Taemin, what were you doing here?” Key asked in a serious tone, hands on his hips scowling at Taemin

“Watching Kai take on detention” he said grinning looking back at his younger brother who scowled at him. Key poked his head through the door and gave a little wave before focusing back on his friend.

“Well you better head back. I heard Krystal was looking for you” he said calmer, staring at Taemin with an eyebrow raised.

“Why is she looking for me?” He asks, Key folds his arms raising the tone of his voice “Don’t ask me! She came up to me nervously asking if I have seen you” Taemin’s eyes widen, nervously? He thought, it must be something personal.

“Okay I’ll go look for her” he said, looking back into the classroom he gave his brother a farewell wave, Kai not really caring just ignored him. Taemin turns and walks down the hallway, Key following behind. Reaching the exit of the quite hallway Taemin and Key continue walking, even past a large crowd of people jumping to the pumping music on a polished wooden dance floor outside of the classrooms, haven’t guessed yet? This was the dancing department. Taemin and Key knew that Krystal wouldn’t come around here so they just continued walking straight.

“So, where is Minho?” Taemin asks looking at Key, Key dramatically sighs

“You know more than me, why don’t you tell me where Minho is” Key asks. They both knew where Minho was, in the large arena where they held the sport competitions for all schools. SM Town students didn’t enjoy the events where other schools had to enter their territory and neither did the other schools. But Minho was at the arena, training every lunch break and free lessons to train. He rarely saw his friends but unlike Niel he was able to control himself.

Hands in pockets Taemin hums walking and appearing calm but something remained on his mind.

“You okay?” his stylish friend asked noticing the others quietness.

“Yeah, I’m alright. It’s just that my brother seems to be bothering a girl” Key looking at his tall friend raises an eyebrow and smirks.

“Bothering? That does sound like your brother, who is it? Do you think its actual interest or a play mate consideration?” Key questions,

“I’m hoping interest but that doesn’t appear to be the case, it’s a girl from Cube High” Taemin explained “he was willing to break her up with a guy that could be her boyfriend”

“Oh I see why he thinks that, that school is junk.” Key bluntly says

“Don’t be rude, they might not be like that!”

“I think they are such a trashy school I’m guessing the people are like that too” Taemin slaps Key on the shoulder, the other letting out a sharp gasp Key covers the burn with his hands

“What was that for!?”

The bell rings “its class time, go to your fashion studio” Taemin orders walking off from a stunned Key “Yah! I’m older than you! Don’t tell me what to do, and it’s Drama!” he yelled before walking a different direction

Taemin furrows his eyebrows in deep thought, something else began to linger around Taemin’s mind but he doesn’t remember what it was…

Slumping in her seat, Krystal lets out an exhausted sigh letting herself fall forward on her desk. Luna turns around to look at her disappointed friend “you couldn’t find him?” She asks, Krystal groans rubbing her face in her arms as she lies on her desk.

“No, I couldn’t find him anywhere!” She whines in her arms,

“Do you need help? I could—” Luna asked but was cut off from Krystal lifting her head up struck with an idea.

“Wait, I think Sulli is in the same class as him right now!” She said excitedly “and that means, that he has dancing next!” Luna taken aback for a moment sorted out her mind before asking.

“You know his classes? Isn’t that a bit creepy?” she asks cautiously not wanting to offend her in some way.

“It’s not creepy when you’re in love” Krystal bit back sticking her tongue out as she pulled her phone out of her bag to text Sulli.

“Yeah, right” Luna said slowly before turning back around to work.

Krystal texting away was happy that Taemin was currently in Sulli’s class. Clicking her tongue she realised something, oh man that means I have to go to the dance department oh well anything for my Taeminnie! She enthusiastically thought to herself squealing no-one noticing.

The bell rings again for the second break and all the student’s break out of their classroom. Krystal dashes out like every one of those students only more eager. Running and pushing past the crowd she tries to be the first out of the shoving bunch to escape, but fails. Krystal stumbles on her feet giving the students behind her to take advantage and rush past. The hall emptying Krystal is left behind with Luna just exiting the room next to the one she was in.

“Someone’s eager” she teased watching Krystal stand staring at the crowd run into the distance, breathing heavily she calms down and starts to run off. Taemin must be out of his class now, dang it! She thought but she continued to head over to the dance department in hope to run into him. About a mile away she was able to make it. Satisfied with him in sight walking along with some of his other friends she starts to walk up to him before she was halted by Sulli.

“What the hell Sulli!?” She argues shoving off Sulli who had gripped onto her arm tugging her away

“Bathroom. Now!” She ordered before handing Krystal her mirror, eyes widening in horror Krystal lets out a piercing scream before dashing off to the nearest washroom Sulli following closely behind. After storming through the bathroom door Krystal heads to one of the many sinks in the area. Placing her hands on the sink she stares at the sweaty and fizzy haired monster in front of her.

“Look at this!” She yells examining closer to her smudge eyeliner. Sulli standing behind pulls Krystal away from the mirror and grabs a clean wipe packet from her handbag to wipe away Krystal’s sweat and to get rid of the smudged eyeliner. Krystal standing on the spot breathing heavily lets Sulli fix up her appearance.

“Why did you run!? He was heading to the soccer field you could’ve done it there!” Sulli yelled working under one eye, erasing one smudged liner.

“Ugh this is why I don’t come here!” Krystal’s reason to why she always avoided the dance department was the travel there. She doesn’t know exactly why but one part on the way the air doesn’t like to agree with her hair. It must be the hairspray she uses but she blames it on the atmosphere. Raising a strand of hair every time she visited Krystal became fed up and avoided that section all together. And now the fact that she had ran, it being the only exercises she is not used to she broke a lot of sweat, encouraging the stands of hair to grow larger.

Sulli done with Krystal’s sweat and eyeliner she pulls out a brush and other essentials to fix up her hair. It took almost ten to fifteen minutes of lunch, it took about half of the second break before Sulli had done her magic and fixed Krystal’s hair and redid her eyeliner. Looking in the mirror she found herself looking attractive again.

“I look amazing!” she said touching her face as if magic struck on her. Sulli with her hair equipment in hands folded her arms and pouted “a ‘thank you’ would be nice too”

Walking to the soccer field Taemin sat down under a full shaded tree while his little brother along with the two other trouble maker’s race their way to the furthest soccer goal. Sighing at their childish competition Taemin took off his bag he was resting against and pulled out his sandwich sealed in a plastic bag.

“What’s that? Is that chicken!?” A voice called from behind, scaring the living daylight out of Taemin he turns around to see his eldest friend Onew who was at his ear drooling at the sight of his sandwich.

“Oh for crying out loud Hyung, what a way to give a heart attack!” Taemin complained shoving Onew off his shoulder that he started to fall on when looking at the chicken sandwich. After attempts of trying to politely shove him off Taemin had enough and pushed him harshly causing Onew to roll away. Getting up and walking hastily back to Taemin, Onew sat next to him by the tree eyeing the sandwich.

“Are you going to have that?” He asks pointing to the food that did not make its way out of the plastic packaging yet. Sighing Taemin looks away as he passes Onew the plastic bag, his friend’s eyes widening and gasping at the generosity of the other. Taemin knew that Onew wouldn’t give up trying to obtain chicken when he spots it, he would constantly persist the other to hand it to him. So he saved the trouble and passed it to him.

“Oh thank you!” Onew said cheerfully, turning away to his own bag. Onew pulled out two other chicken sandwiches and hums in delight closing his eyes inhaling the faint scent of chicken. Taemin eyes widen.

“Yah hyung! Is that other people’s sandwiches? You thief! Give it back!” He demanded reaching an arm out to grab his sandwich back but Onew extends his arm out with the other food away from Taemin’s reach shaking his head.

“No they’re mine!” Onew rejects childishly,

“Like yours is now mine” He said smiling cheesy, Taemin pulls back then lunges forward to retrieve back his sandwich. Onew was amused laughing at his younger friend’s attempts but he was hungry. So when Taemin lunged more harshly a second time Onew panicked and started to complain feeling one sandwich fall out of his grip. Taemin lying on top of Onew’s side he forcefully pushed down Onew’s head and grabbed his sandwich out of his hand.

Onew whined “No! No! No give it back! That’s mine!” He sat up and extended an arm to snatch it off but stopped when Taemin bit a corner of his sandwich. Ripping it off and chewing it in delight, in front of Onew. Onew’s heart broke, he felt himself shatter at the loss of a chicken sandwich. Onew pouted and dropped himself beside his friend, taking a glance at the munching boy the eye contact was quick and negative as Taemin caught him eyeing his food again.

 The company grew when two other people appear from behind the tree. Key greeted with a smile and sat down next to Taemin holding back the little irritated grin he held for the last two periods of Taemin slapping him. And the other, Jonghyun, walked over to the dropped forgotten sandwich and picks it up. Staring at it then back and forth at Onew he complained.

“Yah! Onew don’t you like my sandwich? It’s made of chicken! Didn’t you say that you had nothing to eat, why are you throwing it away!?” He yelled grabbing everyone’s attention. Onew who flinched at the loud voice looked up at his friend who didn’t address him as ‘Hyung’, looking at the sandwich Onew’s eyes grew. Jumping up he reached out to snatch it off Jonghyun unwrapping it viciously before taking a large bite. Eyes glaring at Jonghyun as the other stood stunned.

“It’s my sandwich” Onew said with a mouthful, his eyes slicing Jonghyun with a sliver slash.

“Okay” He agreed slowly confused at why he was acting so possessively towards his food. Looking down at Taemin who was spacing off into the field, Jonghyun stared wanting answers.

“He had too many chicken sandwiches today so I cut him off by one. One which was already mine!” Taemin explained turning his head to Onew who faced him back defensively hiding away the chicken he had been eating.

“You gave it to me! It was rightfully mine!” he said protectively holding the bread closer to his chest dropping his mouth to munch on it, Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Before I knew you had two others in your bag!” Taemin pointed towards his black backpack that rested against the tree. Onew’s eyes grew wide before jumping forward hugging his bag away from the group shocking everyone.

“Hyung! You don’t mean to say that you have more in there!?” Taemin asked stunned,

“No! No I do not!” Onew rejected with a mouthful of his first sandwich, hugging his bag not too harshly as he flung it around his back and fled.

After yelling the word ‘thief’ Taemin huffed and rested his back against the tree, fed up with his Hyungs chicken . Key chuckled a bit and pulled out a box of green salads while Jonghyun waved it off and went over to sit down beside Taemin where Onew previously sat.

“It’s always been like this, you know that” Jonghyun reassures placing an arm around Taemin’s shoulders, shaking them to try and calm down his unusual temper.

“I know” Taemin sighed dropping his head,

“Can you tell us what’s on your mind?” Key asks, not sure if he wanted to touch the topic if he was going to get another slap.

“Where’s Minho?” Taemin tries to change the subject

“No Taemin, tell us” Jonghyun pressed. Taemin sighed again.

“It’s just Kai” Taemin muttered,

“With that girl thing!? That’s what has been really bugging you throughout the day? You don’t even know her! She could be a *l*t for all we know” Key complained not listening to his stubborn and inappropriate words he earned another slap on the shoulder. Key reacting painfully to the hit was about to yell incoherent words at him before Jonghyun stopped him with his hand signalling for him to be quiet.

“Why are you worried for the girl?” He asked watching Key frown at him and Taemin tense at the question,

“Because it’s Kai! You know what he does, he may be my brother but he really can be a real ****head. Especially with girls…” Taemin explained clutching his fist into his sandwich, not wanting to imagine what kind of things he would do to them.

“…and considering that he was going to break her up with someone… really worries me.” He finished off, not wanting to go in further detail. Jonghyun sighed dropping the arm he had around Taemin’s shoulder “then just keep an eye on him”

“Oh I will” he said in almost an instant reply. The day ended with worries and concerns, for both Taemin and Krystal.

The next morning was a more of an eventful part of the day. Taemin got up earlier than he was supposed to, got a quick shower, brushed his teeth and dressed himself in his uniform. Locking the door Taemin and his brother head off to Sehun’s place, then after meeting up with him they went to Tao’s. Purposely falling behind, he watches his brothers every move. Taemin felt that the girl spoken about was not going to appear today. A sigh of relief escaped his lips and his shoulders relaxed but then Sehun whispered “hey look! There she is!”

Like lighting his eyes shot up at the scene, coming from behind a corner was a girl with long brown hair. Smooth and fragile looking skin as pale as his came in full view, her uniform sure did define that she attended Cube high. But closely following behind was a male, could really be her boyfriend, Taemin thought. The boy called out and she turned her hair following nicely, the boy catching up to stand beside her he hands her mobile phone. A shocked expression turned into a grateful smile as she retrieved the item calling the male ‘Oppa’. She doesn’t look like a *l*t, not at all! She looks… really sweet.

“Hey can we get your number?” A voice shouted out, cutting out from his daze Taemin turned to look in front to see his brother call out to the girl. Throwing a sleazy grin towards her Kai had captured their attention. The boy she was with grabbed her arm and pulled her away mumbling to her to ignore them. The girl quickly obliged and followed him not a hint of hesitation, so she is close with him, Taemin thought. When passing distantly by the boy was not afraid to glare at each and every one of the SM Town boys. Kai and his mates sarcastically pretend to be scared as Taemin stood still watching the pair with a serious expression. Knowing later that he had left a bad first impression to the pair he will distantly try to protect.

A/N

This is a really long one :/

But thanks for taking your time to read this! It makes me happy :)

Having this chapter out may bring up some questions but it's straight forward yeah? No? You might be wrong :3

Anyways, I have more free time at the moment so I will update more frequently so please look forward to my future chapters!

Thank you!!!