004◇1

Persevere Princess

 

 

“Hi” I turn around and saw a guy smiling at me.

“Did I scare you??” he said holding the book that i just drop.

“No...Who are you??” i pick up the paper i just drop and glance at him, but he’s gone. I search the whole library room but he’s really gone. Where did he go??

 

“Your delivery is here already, PRINCESS!!!” Luhan said shouting and shutting his room door.

“tsk tsk tsk YAHH!!! Be kind!!!” Xiumin shout in the living room.

I immediately go down stairs... “Thank you oppa, feel free to have some pizza.” I said smiling at him. When I pick up my coffee and have a sip... my whole mouth feels like burning then I cough blood and fell down the floor while my both hands holding my neck...

 

“Shin Yeong!!!.....” Xiumin dip his finger on the coffee spilled on the floor... “It has vervain on it!!!” he lifts me up on the couch. I saw Luhan and Xiumin looking at each other like they are having conversation in their mind.

 

“I will do it.” They both look at me in confused “I know what you two both planning... getting revenge right??.” I said standing up on the couch and took some pizza slice. I’m surprised when Luhan slap the pizza in my hand before i can bite some... “OUCHH!!!” i shout at him..

 

“Are you out of your mind...you just accidentally drinks a coffee with a vervain on it then now you’re eating this pizza??”

“I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING!!! Im going to bite a little bit to check if there’s no vervain okay!!!!” i pick a slice of pizza again and bite a little bit... “There’s no vervain on it...happy??” i said mockingly.

 

 

 

 

“Hey guys why you’re soo loud??” that’s voice I hear that a while ago.... I look at my right and finally i saw him.

“Yixing!!! When did you arrive??” Xiumin approach him and hung his left arm on his shoulder...

“Lay...” Luhan just gave him a pound hug...and go upstairs.

 

“Hi” he said looking at me. I’m busy eating my pizza so I didn’t bother to greet him. “I’m Zhang Yixing but call me Lay.” He said sitting beside me.

“You are the guy in the library right???” I said not looking at him...and picking my 4th pizza...

“Are you really hungry?? You will almost finish the whole pizza.”

“That’s not my question...” I took some slice of pizza and gave it to him. “Here.”

“Thanks...but i’m full.” He said smiling at me. So I ate the pizza...

“Xiumin Oppa, you’re not eating?? Btw, where’s Yeonju eonni??” i ask him.

“I’m not hungry My Lady; Noona are with her friends right now.” Xiumin oppa said while walking towards the storage room.

“Oppa, just call me Shinyeong. Okay??” I pick up the tissue, wipe it on my hands and clean the spilled coffee... “Ouch...”

“Are you alright??” the dimple guy hold my hand.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” I said removing my hands from his hold.

“Let me do that. Just sit.” He grabs the tissues in my hand and clean all the spilled coffee.

“My L—I mean Shinyeong why all of this is here??” Xiumin oppa pointing at the book and papers on the top of the piano.

“It’s mine. I’m reading it.” I said walking to the kitchen and putting the pizza on the refrigerator. I hear Xiumin Oppa going upstairs and opening Luhan’s room, and then I saw the dimple guy throw the tissues and wash his hands. I walk to the piano and look at the drawing again... the wolf...the man...

 

 

“Are you curious about that man in that drawing??” he said beside me and glance on the drawing.

“Answer my question first.” I said looking at him.

“Yes, I’m the guy in the library, and I took that book to you.”

“Why’d you disappear??”

“I’m sorry; I just want to know why you are interested in a wolf book??”

“Why? Is there something wrong about it??”

“There’s nothing wrong about it...It’s odd that you like to read wolf than a vampire yourself.”

“Ohh...I see...I took that book because I want to know more about wolf...Because they are our enemies right?”

“Yeah they are...so answering your question a while ago. I’m Lay.”

“I’m Kim Shin Yeong, so do you know about that man??”

“I don’t know him, but I know a story that might be able to help you to know him.”

 

Lay sit on the piano stool and play some piano piece. I sit beside him and look on his fingers gently touching the keyboard. I felt sleepy and my eyelid slowly falling down. The last thing I knew my head touch Lay shoulders.

 





 

In early 15th century, werewolf born by witchcraft, and a witch curse when full moon is awake a mortal imprecation will transform into a wolf.

 

In the days of 1589, Petronius Arbiter had a dog bite turns him into a werewolf. Petronius is a member of the senatorial class who devoted themselves to a life of pleasure. When he become this beast his vicious attitude that his concealing from people worsen and can’t be hidden anymore. He run away from his hometown and just stays in a small house in the forest near an unknown town. End of winter month someone knock on his door.

 

“Who’s there??” he shouts afraid opening the door.

“I live downtown, I just wonder if you have food so I bring some.” A soft voice speaks.

 

He thinks for a minute hesitating to open or not. When he opens the door he just saw in the floor mat the basket full of breads and some fruits. He didn’t see the soft voice that speaks to him. Then that night full moon is shining bright on the sky Petronius transforms into wolf.

 

Waking up from a knock, dressing him before opening the door but again he just saw a bottled of milk, bread and a pie in a basket. He just pick it up and take it inside the house. When spring finally set on the small house and the city, another knock from his door heard.

 

He immediately open the door and saw a long brown hair lady putting the basket down on the mat.

 

 

“ohh hello...” the lady said standing up and surprised at him.

“Hello...may I know what this beautiful lady name??” he said kissing her hand.

“Neela.” she said looking in his eyes.

“Finally I meet the person who always brings me food. I’m Petronius.” She smiled and pick up the basket to give it to him.

“I’m sorry if I disturb you...Here some pie, fruits, bread and water.”

“Thank you. You said pass months ago that you live downtown I was wondering how did you know that someone living in here in the middle of the forest??” he said confused.

“When I was gathering woods here, I saw a small house and thought that you’d be starving and bring some food.”

“I have meat to eat in here, there’s no need to worry.” Petronius look at the sky and the sun is going down the west.

 

“It’s near nightfall already I must go home. Good bye Petronius, I will see you tomorrow again.” The lady turns her back on Petronius while walking to the forest. Petronius close his door and put down the basket on the table, but something bothering his mind. He runs fast through the forest saw the lady that his mind screaming for.

 

“May I, accompany you until you arrive from your home my lady? It’s dangerous for a woman like you to walk home alone...” he grab her hand and look on her eyes. Neela just smile and continue walking.

 

Walking in the forest, not clearly seeing the way, tripping on the arch tree roots or big tree logs and creepy owls, but Neela is not terrified because Petronius is there to hold her waist and hand not to fall.

 

From a long walk they reach the boundary line from the forest and the town. Neela stop Petronius from walking forward to the town.

 

“I can walk by myself in here; you can return to your house and get some rest. Thank you for your kindness my lord.”

“Bye Neela.” Petronius held his hand and kisses it. And Neela walk through the town.

 

Petronius didn’t know what he’s doing but he just wants to know where the girl lives so she secretly followed her. He saw Neela enter a small house not far from the forest. Petronius begins his way back, when suddenly he overheard a voice shouting inside the house, glass shattering, and a girl crying. The slowly he get near the house the louder he can hear the noise. Neighbourhood starts whispering, he slowly sneak behind the old ladies to learn information...

 

“Poor child, her husband beating her again.” A lady holding a fan and have too much make-up on her face said.

“That girl is really pathetic at her young age marrying a man that never loves her back.” the second lady said.

“Let’s go ladies, the guards are there already to rescue that girl from that drunkard man and lessen the noise. I can’t stand hearing that girl pleading again not to imprison her husband.” The third lady said while walking away from the house.

 

Petronius heard Neela beg and defending her husband from hurting her. Giving reason that her husband is drunk that he does something bad at her...Petronius didn’t want to hear Neela beg, so he run fast away from that house. Collide to all people in his way, to the forest not minding roots being crash and to his house slamming the door too loud. Because of the anger and hatred of what he saw, he forces himself to trane. That night Petronius whole body is full of blood; he killed a human.

 

 

 

The pass few days, Petronius always stalks Neela everywhere she goes and seeing her crying in the cemetery. It’s his entire fault why she’s in sorrow now. He killed Neela husband, he know that it’s good for neela sake, but she don’t want to see Neela cry; He want her to smile. The smile that his waiting for to look at when he heard a knock on his door. But there’s nothing. He approach Neela and offer her a handkerchief.

 

“Petronius??”Neela said in confused not seeing clearly the man standing in front of her.

“Yes, It’s me.” Petronius response to her.

“How did you know I’m here?”

“A beautiful lady like you must not cry loud like a little girl anymore.”

“He’s gone. My man of my life. He died.” Neela snivel and touch the tomb in front of her.

“M-my condolence my lady.” Petronius lower his head.

“Thank you.”

“Is he ill? Homicide? Suicide?” he said looking at the tomb.

“I don’t know, the guards said that they saw a leg in the forest, after it a head, an arm, another part of leg and his body. They put it all together and it was m-my h-husband. H-his r-ripped f-from p-parts and p-pieces. I-i... I-i...” Neela stutter and didn’t finish his words because of fright and anger she have.

“I-....ahh...i-i’m very s-sorry Neela. Forgive me.”

“Why Petronius?”

 

 

Neela startled when he hears a growl and saw a big wolf beside him. He move backwards and find a rock or something for protection. Neela saw a long stick not far from her, she run and grab the stick. When she looks at the place the wolf where it was, it’s missing. She saw a wolf footprint leading to the forest; she follows it and saw the brown wolf waiting her. Neela draw near it, trembling hands touch the wolf head and she felt warm, their eyes met and she recalls that look in that brown eyes that night.

 

“P-Petronius?” she said. But the wolf response a growl and look at her in sad eyes. They both started walking and reach Petronius house. The wolf transform into a human and neela saw a Petronius on the ground. She run to his house and bring some clothes, gave it to him in close eyes and cover it with her free hand too.

 

“Here. Put this on. I’ll wait inside your house.” Neela run to his house and after a second Petronius close the door.

“Thank you my dauntless lady.” Petronius pick some apple in the table and bite.

“It’s my pleasure my lord. Wolf truly exists?”

“Indeed my lady, you saw me transform from a wolf to a mortal being.”

Neela didn’t answer him and look at the window.

“My lady, can you believe me if I tell you that I’m the one who killed your partner?” Petronius said directly.

“W-what!!!?”...... “You wouldn’t do that. You didn’t know that I’m married and....and......” a tear fall from Neela eyes.

“I’m sorry. I follow you that night in your house, hear you crying from pain and beg for your husband. I felt rage that I, myself don’t know what I did that night. The morning comes, I saw you crying over a corpse, and then I remember everything.” he explains.

“When my eyes laid on him when we first met, my heart scream so loud that I love him. When I force him to marry me even he has ladies both side in his arm every day I saw him in the streets, I still love him. Drunk, beating me day-to-day, I still love him. The day I saw him in pieces, my hearts felt sadness, pain, miserable, despair, everything...” Neela flop down and sob.

“I’m sorry Neela.” Petronius moved toward her and hug her. “It was fault why you’re being like this. Let me replace that with happiness and joy. I can fill your heart with love and warmth. You can change the old life you have before. Have a life with me Neela.” Neela look up at him and kiss him with passion.

 

 

 

Sun flash through the window, Neela is the first one to wake up; she put some clothes on and prepares something to eat. Petronius hug her from the back and kiss her on the shoulder. Neela stir in pain, Petronius turn her around to face him and shove the oversized shirt from her shoulder.

 

“A Wolf bite. I bit you. Why you didn’t tell me?”

“It will heal my dear, it’s just a-a...” neela turn his back from him.

“NO... When a wolf bites you, you will be like me. You can’t survive the torment and arduous.” he grab Neela arm and turn her around again.

“I-i can make it. I’m strong enough to take all the risk to become one of you.” teary eyes look directly to him.

“It’s a big mistake last night. If I didn’t tell you my feelings this might not happen.”

“You did the right thing. I love you and I’ll do anything to be with you forever.”

“I love you too my love.” He cupped her face and give her a short kiss “the full moon is coming; you will transform into a beautiful wolf, my love. It’s a tough start so be ready.”

“I will.” Neela kiss him again.

 

 

Week past, full moon is radiant in the sky, Petronius chain her tightly in the cellar and put some wolfs bane in a bottled water. He hug neela and kiss her forehead.

 

 

“My lord, you need to go now.” neela hold the bottle tightly and drink. She coughs and feel aflame inside her body.

“Don’t drink too much my love; do you want to kill yourself?” he lift her up to stand and look at her eyes.

“P-please...*cough* P-petronius l-leave m-me a-a-alone.” she push petronius to the gate.

“Neela, promise me you’ll survive.” he pick up the chain to put all over the gate so she can’t get out and kill anyone. “Look at me.”

“I’ll promise you. aaaaaa........” Her arm began to move back and her bones going in different ways.

 

 

Petronius locked the gate securely and closes the door sturdy. Even his far away from the place she can hear Neela yelps, he transform into wolf and run fast to the forest not likely to hear Neela dying in an execrable way. His mind is full of suspicion, in the first place he shouldn’t let her knew that he was a beast, his feelings, and he’s beginning to uncontrolled his vicious attitude again. He moves in that small house even his not liking because he wanted to change his bad attitude and go back where he belongs.

 

 

While Petronius is running in the forest, Neela is sweaty, tired and feeling she’s dying right now, but she wants to fight for him. She drinks the whole bottle water and cough blood. The transformation it’s not done yet, she breaking bones again and trying to break the chains in her. Her eyes turned brown, fur growing from her skin, muscles and wolf teeth forming. The chains that holding her snap, she breaks the locks from the gate and smash into the wooden door. She ran from the forest, looking for someone she wants to see all the hardship she done for him.

 

 

 

 





PLEASE DO NOT PLAGIARIZE, COPY, OR PRINT. IF TRANSLATING TO OTHER LANGUAGE PLEASE PM ME PLEASE...ANY SIMILARITIES TO OTHER STORIES, DRAMAS, ANIME, ETC. IT'S PURELY COINCIDENTAL. THIS STORY IS PURE FICTION. OTHER INFORMATION IS FALSIFY. PICTURES, GIFS, VIDEOS, ETC. ARE NOT MINE, CREDIT TO OWNERS.