You're My Destiny

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Infinite]

 

Early 2010


Myungsoo walked into the dorm he would be sharing with six other guys. He had been told he would be training for a new band called Infinite. The name didn’t fit the band. It seemed like a high standard to follow. They were to be based on dance. 

Noticing the lack of space, he groaned, going through his belongings. Everything was in its place, as he thought it would be. As he was pulling his computer out, Myungsoo heard voices. “Great…” he mumbled to himself. This was going to be interesting. 

When the others walked in, he noticed there was a girl with them. He didn’t remember any mention of a female member. She was nice and slender…also tall for a girl. The ‘girl’ turned around and smiled at him shyly. Myungsoo felt stupid immediately. The ‘girl’ was actually a guy. He had been staring openly at a GUY. Grabbing his bag, he started walking to the beds. He was going to try and get first pick. 

He flopped down on the bed, noticing to his annoyance that there were only three beds. Weren’t there seven guys? He just hoped he would get one of the beds that had only one other person. 

Hearing someone enter the room, he turned to see the girly guy standing in the doorway. His eyes moved down to the guy’s arms.  “That’s my computer.” He stared pointedly at his computer.

“I know,” the guy answered softly, handing it to him. Myungsoo was ignoring the scared look on his face. 

Myungsoo took his computer, opened it to check if someone had snooped on it, then placed it in its case. Zipping it up tightly, he rolled his eyes. “Thanks…” He stood up and began putting his things away. 

The guy smiled at him, though Myungsoo didn’t see him with his back turned. “My name’s Lee Sungjong.” When Myungsoo didn’t respond, Sungjong sighed and pulled out his own things. He was used to this of treatment. 

 “I’m Kim Myungsoo…sorry for being snappy. Thank you.” Myungsoo turned around to face him, noticing just how sad the kid looked. He almost looked like he was going to pass out with nervousness. “Nice to meet you, Sungjong.”

Sungjong nodded, smiling. He had a great smile. “Yeah. I mean, nice to meet you, too.”

As the weeks went by, they all started to rely on one another for support, since this business was tough. They were supposed to debut sometime soon and they needed to be a workable unit. Things began to fall into place, and Myungsoo had become very close to Sungjong. They understood each other. Every time Sungjong hugged Myungsoo, he felt a rush he had only felt when he saw a cute girl. This was stronger somehow. Despite getting close to Sungjong as a friend, he kept a personal distance, as much as possible. 

*******

2014
Myungsoo took a long drink from his water bottle, leaning his head against Sungjong. The maknae smiled at him, also exhausted. They had just finished dance practice, after four hours of dancing. Sungjong could feel Myungsoo’s chest rise and fall from his weariness. All Sungjong could think about was how different it could be if he wasn’t exhausted in the dance room, but in their bedroom. He had it bad. All he thought about was Kim Myungsoo. 

Sighing, Myungsoo  turned to Sungjong. “I’m kind of hungry. We should go get something to eat.” He glanced in Sungyeol’s direction. Their closest hyung was talking excitedly to Woohyun, and Myungsoo wondered where he got all the energy.  

Sungjong smiled at him, and Myungsoo felt his heart jump. That seemed to happen any time he was around Sungjong and he did something cute. He fought down the feelings he was having. They couldn’t stay alive. “Let’s escape while Sungyeol’s still talking to Woohyun,” Sungjong winced. “I don’t know about you, but I would like to not be around him for a while. He’s been driving me crazy.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Yeah…” Sighing again, stood up and reached out a hand to the maknae. Sungjong took it firmly and let Myungsoo pull him off the floor. 

“Thanks, hyung,” Sungjong grinned at him. “Let’s go before he sees us. They can get their own food.” They left the dance room and walked to the kitchen. Looking in the freezer, they found some pizzas and began to pull them out. Sungjong had just started to open the microwave, when he got a text from Hoya. 

When they got to the kitchen, Sungjong began pulling pizzas out of the freezer, when he got a text from Hoya. ‘‘I know you guys were trying to run away, but don’t eat. Sunggyu’s ordering pizza. Just go take a shower or something, okay? Sorry.’

Sungjong rolled his eyes, sighing. ‘Okay. Thanks, hyung.’ He scrunched his cute nose at L. “We have to wait to eat. Leader’s ordering pizza. I guess that means we’re all eating together.”

 Myungsoo nodded quietly, taking the pizzas and placing them back in the freezer. “Okay.” Sungjong was amazed at how calmly Myungsoo did everything. He rarely got angry, which was so different from Sungjong.   

‘Fine. Sounds yummy!’ Sungjong took the individual pizza L was holding and placed it back in the freezer. “We’re eating with the others. Sungyeol, too. Leader’s ordering pizza. At least we were on the right track, right?” He grinned, looking cute through his irritation. 

“Okay.” Myungsoo pouted. “I guess that settles our dinner plans. Let’s go change, then.”

While they were in their bedroom changing into their pajamas, Myungsoo noticed that Sungjong watched him as he pulled his shirt off and changed, but it was a regular occurrence. It made Myungsoo somewhat uncomfortable, since he knew that Sungjong wanted him. That fact made him feel bad. 

Turning to Sungjong, he smiled. “Ready?” He had changed quickly and definitely hadn’t watched Sungjong change. That maknae was alone in that. 

Sungjong smiled back. “Let’s go.” 

Sungjong grinned at him, snapping out of his daydream of keeping Myungsoo in the bedroom for ‘quality time.’ “Yeah. Let’s go eat. I’m starving!”

*******

When the pizza arrived, everyone started eating. 

 Sungyeol sat next to Myungsoo and the younger man didn’t show a reaction to it. He had been meaning to AVOID Sungyeol, but that wouldn’t happen. Sungyeol was happy to smother him with meaningless chatter, when Myungsoo want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter