7th: Jajangmyun

The One True Pairing

Time was ticking away and with each second passing, Chaerin could feel her sweat trickling down her face. Even in all the chaos that was taking place, Chaerin knew she needed to calm down. She wasn't nervous or anything but it has been awhile since she's been in this kind of situation. She needed a moment, just a moment, despite the dangers that could happen during that brief period of time to find her zen state. With a plan being constructed that very second, armed with all the training and experiences she had, Chaerin took a deep breath and opened her eyes. It was time.

Counting to three, following her heartbeat, Chaerin sprinted all the way across the corridor as lightly and swiftly as she could together with Bom Unnie to the staircase at the corner. Chaerin held Bom Unnie by the hand, tugging her along as she followed closely, almost as if acting out as her shadow. Moving around the place, it didn't take too long before Chaerin discovered they were in an abandoned factory. There were all sorts of materials left behind by the previous owners. Although it might seemed like rubbish to the untrained eye, to Chaerin, it felt like a personal armory for her, picking up scraps after scraps as part of her escape plan. Bom Unnie who was following Chaerin was rather worried seeing that time was passing by very quickly and couldn't help but to wonder what on earth was Chaerin doing picking up garbage along the way. Chaerin found a hidden spot within the big machineries and pulled Bom Unnie down to hide to take a breather and at the same time,  build her gadget.

"Can I ask what are you doing, Ciel?" asked Bom Unnie, looking at her fiddling with the items as if she knew what she was doing.

"Do you have a bobby pin with you?"

"Why? What do you need it for?"

"Just give it to me. We don't have much time."

"Then, we shouldn't be,"

"Listen, Unnie. So far, we haven't seen much of the men that had kidnapped us in this building which means they could either be on the ground floor or outside. Between the two of us, there are not many chances of surviving if we go up against them face to face which means we need a distraction to get their attention while we try to make a run for it."

"So what you're making is a distraction?"

"Yes, so do you have a  bobby pin or not?"

 

 

Judging by the time, Youngbae knew there was a need to delay the wedding but at the same tie, he knew that his sister would be outraged if he did. He was at lost on what to do, the first time he ever felt like this, restless and worried. Firstly, he didn't know who had kidnapped his sister and fiancee, secondly, he didn't know where they were and thirdly, most to most, he didn't know whether they were alive or not. Seeing that they were members of the underground world, it was solemnly based on assumption that the kidnappers was the same as them. The only thing was who was daring enough to make an attack against the Kurusugawa Family? While it was true they had tons of enemies, Youngbae thought that he had did enough to scare them away and refrain them from ever touching his family. It seems that he haven't done enough to show them not to mess with the Kurusugawa Family and took a mental note to make sure whoever were this kidnappers, he will surely make them pay. His anger was radiating from his fist as he clenched tightly with his nails almost piercing through his palm. One of his men needed to remind him to keep his composure as people were watching.

Youngbae instantly calm down, knowing that there was a time and place for everything. For now, getting angry will get him nowhere so he would rather focus his energry trying to find them than getting angry and do nothing about it.  He straighten his suit and walked towards the door. No matter how many men he had send to rescue them and used whatever connections he had to locate them, Youngbae knew the only thing he could firmly believe in for sure was Ciel. He knew of her abilities and talents that made her rise in the underground world regardless of the name she bore and he himself had witnessed firsthand of the raw prowess she had when she made up her mind. While he wished he could go out there to help find them, he knew he would be better of in the church, making sure that everything was going as smooth as possible, even if it was missing the presence of the bride and her maid of honor. Although he was just a guest, wanting to keep his privacy to himself, being the brother of the bride, he knew he needed to explain a few things to the bridegroom, not nessecary the truth to keep the peace but enough to go by to delay the wedding an hour or two. After all, lies and deception was part of the world he was living in.

 

On the other hand, five miles away from the church.

Kwon Ji Yong, dressed in his finest tux, was in his white Lamborghini Aventador car, making his way to the church to attend his hyung's wedding. Even after all the trouble waking up early to make it to the wedding on time, luck was never on his side, for out of all days, today he was stuck in traffic again. He didn't know what happened and not wanting to dirty his suit from stepping outside to the smoke induced environment, he sought the use of his twitter to find out any news about the traffic. True enough, a huge accident had taken place on the very street he was on, created by a long collision of cars one after another. While it was a miracle that no one was hurt during the accident, it might take awhile to remove the cars out of the way before any vehicles can passed through and being the only road to the church made it much worse than it already did. Being the Best Man, he knew it wouldn't be news that his hyung would want to receive on his wedding day but the least he could do was have the decency to inform his hyung earlier before anything else could happen.

Although to Ji Yong, this might be just an unfortunate event to him, this accident was in fact orchestrated by none other than Youngbae to make sure there was simply more than one thing delaying the wedding. With making Ji Yong late for the wedding, it wouldn't put such a bad light on his sister as the given excuse was that she was stuck in traffic due to a road accident while making her way to the wedding.

 

 

"Um Boss, why are we all down here? Shouldn't we be upstairs trying to find them?"

"What's the point of spreading our manpower trying to find two girls when we should just focus our attention here?"

"But won't they be able to escape easily with no one trying to look for them?"

"Stupid! There's no way out except for the ground floor unless they try to jump out which would result to their deaths."

"Oh, so we're just waiting down here until they come to us then?"

"Finally, using your brain!"

"So what now?"

"WE WAIT, OF COURSE!!!!" screamed the man. "CAN YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE? YOU'RE MAKING MY HEAD HURT!!!"

"Geez, you don't need to shout at me." mumbled the man as he walked away.

Looking around the room, there were close to twenty men loitering around aimlessly, armed with handguns and snipers. For him, he didn't knew what was the purpose of having so many weapons when it was simply just two girls they were handling. He didn't knew why they were kidnapped nor did he knew who they were but it seemed too drastic just for the both of them. Wanting to have some time on his own, away from his irritated boss, he went to the corner and sat down on top of a wooden crate. It didn't take that long before he realized he wasn't alone when he felt a cold metal object pressed tightly against his head.

"Don't look behind." whispered the voice. "If you don't want to get shot, act normal and answer me."

"Wha...what do you want?"

"Where's the exit?"

"It's just up ahead."

"How many men are here?"

"Around twenty."

"Lastly, which organisation do you belong to?"

"Sun O,"

"Sun On Yee, right?"

"How did you," the guy asked, turning around.

Just before he could turn, Chaerin used the gun and hit him hard behind the head which caused him to pass out on the spot. Chaerin dig into his pockets and grabbed the gun he had. She opened the catridge and divided the bullets between the two guns she had before she gave it to Bom Unnie.

"You know how to use it right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, after three, whatever it is, just run straight towards the exit. Any man that blocks you, shot them straight in the head. You have only five shots so make it count, understand?"

Bom Unnie cletched the gun tightly, releasing the safety and stood up. Chaerin smiled and took out the bomb and rolled it within the room. With a sharp aim, she shot the bomb, exploding outright into the room, throwing off some of the men who were unguarded by the sudden attack. Bom Unnie and Chaerin took the chance and dashed across the room towards the exit that laid just in front of them.

Chaerin knew that the effects after the explosion wouldn't last long. At the corner of her eye just as they were dashing across, some of the men was getting up. Bom Unnie had already taken a few shots and judging from her shooting, she had only two bullets left. Without thinking but by instincts, Chaerin outran Bom Unnie and grabbed her gun just before she took another shot. Using her gun, she shot another two men coming her way and threw the gun towards another man right on his head. She pulled Bom Unnie towards the exit and soon they founded themselves in the open-air. Still, even with them being outside, the whole thing was far from over.

Soon, more men came running out of the building from all sides and quickly surrounded them, all putting out their guns. Out of the crowd, stepped out their boss, wanting to face them face to face.

He let out a small laughter, typical of a villian, thinking that he had outsmarted Chaerin just with his sheer number of men but he didn't knew Chaerin. To some extent, he had underestimated her and even Bom Unnie for they were no ordinary girls. They belonged in the underground world and whether the boss was aware of it or not, this wasn't excatly their first time being kidnapped. For Bom Unnie, this would be her fourteenth time being kidnapped. It gotten to a point that she was so frustrated of being powerless that she decided to take up shooting lessons against her placid nature just so that she could make herself useful in situations like this.

"Where on earth do you want to go? I doubt that you can escape from this place when there are so many of us."

"What do you want? Money? Power?" asked Bom Unnie, looking around

"Money? Do you think that this kidnapping is just for money only? No, no, no. It's much more simpler than that."

"Revenge right?" interrupted Chaerin staring directly at him.

"Yes, although it was never our intention to have taken you, Miss Ferreria. You were simply in the way and rather than letting a loose end, we decided to take you along in the trip."

"Some trip you have plan out here."

"Don't worry. After the proper settlement has gone underway, we would gladly release you provided that you don't create any problems for us, of course."

It was just then, that Chaerin spotted a headlight coming from a distance. The wind was blowing and waving behind it, Chaerin saw the flag. Her ticket to getting out of here had arrived.

"But you see," she said while smirking, "troubles don't come for me, I'll come looking for trouble."

And with that, she threw another bomb, this time bigger than expected, created by the bunch of fireworks found scattered around the facility. She tugged Bom Unnie along and using the last few bullets she had in the gun, making a pathway among the crowd to escape from them. She shot the men and hastily run up just as the headlight stopped right in front of them.

Dressed in his red jacket and his white helmet with a logo depicting a bowl of noodles, he opened his visor and looked at them confused.

"Um, were you the one that ordered the jajangmyun, miss?"

Chaerin had no time to explain. He grabbed the delivery guy off his bike and threw the metal box to make space for Bom Unnie. She pulled her necklace and throw it to the guy.

"Here's your payment!" she hollered and drove off with Bom Unnie behind her.