2nd: Snoopy Part 2

The One True Pairing

"Do you mind telling me where on earth do you want to go?" asked Ji Yong looking at the girl beside him.

"Didn't I tell you?"

"Of course not! You just hop into my car and took control of everything. If it wasn't for the Snoopy toy you're holding hostage right now, I would have drive to the police station and drop you off there."

"Wait," chuckled Chaerin to herself,  "You would make a police report just because your Snoopy was taken away from you?"

Chaerin's small laughter somehow made Ji Yong's heartbeat quicken faster. Just to emphasize, a bit only.

"It doesn't belong to me. It belongs to my niece. She would freak out if I had lost her favorite toy. I was just holding on to it for safekeeping."

"Well, it doesn't seem like you're doing a proper job of taking care of it since you used it to throw on my head."

"Like I said before, I did not hit you on purpose. You happened to move to the side and got hit instead."

"Yeah right, an excuse instead of saying that you had a bad shot."

"Well, it hit your head, right?"

"So it was on purpose!"

"No! Haven't you been listening?"

"If it wasn't on purpose, then it wouldn't hurt to apologize right?"

"Apologize for what?"

"For hitting my head, for making me spill my food, for wasting my money and for spoiling my breakfast."

"If it's about money, I can just pay you back."

"It's not about the money. It's the apology that matters."

Ji Yong got frustrated and looked away from her before he could blow up. It seemed impossible to negotiate with the lady beside him. After he threw the snoopy toy out from his car, he didn't expected the toy to actually hit her head. He quickly closed his window to avoid being seen by her and hoped that she simply walked away, leaving the toy in peace. Instead, she took the toy from the ground and was about to rip it to shreds.  Ji Yong knew he would regret it later on if anything bad happened to the toy. Immediately, he got out from the car and shouted to her to get her attention.

As he got out from the car, he pushed his sunglasses away. Usually when he reveal his face in public, whether it be anyone, men or women, they would instantly recognize him. Ji Yong was hoping that the girl would just brush off his mistake easily and laugh it off. Maybe, give a signature or a photograph to make her happy.

"Were you the one that throw this at me?" exclaimed the girl, who suddenly started walking up to him.

As she approached him, the bright sunlight behind her shine and naturally illuminated around her.  It was so bright that it blinded his eyes for awhile until she came closer. Even with her shadow blocking the sun, the radiance never left and lingered around her. Ji Yong stopped at his tracks and finally had a good look at her.

She was beautiful.

Ji Yong had seen his fair share of good-looking girls, a perk of being an international celebrity and had mingled with some of the most glamarous actresses of his generation yet there was something about this girl that was set far above the rest.

Her long, thick wavy hair had a set of three different colors, whether it be grey, light brown or actually platinum blonde. She had clear, glistering black eyes that seemed lighter than most people, almost as if it was silver. She had the perfect nose, the excat shape that Ji Yong liked and her lips was curvy and ample, as if it was begging to be kiss. When she came closer than he imagined, Ji Yong was enthralled by her scent, a mixture of vanilla and lavender.

"Hello, excuse me!"

"Oh, sorry," mumbled Ji Yong, getting back to his senses.

"Did you throw this at me?" Chaerin asked again.

"Yes, so can I have it back?"

"What? You threw this at me and expect it back just like that?"

"Yes, so thank you."

Ji Yong grabbed the toy away from her and went back to his car. The distance from the car wasn't that far away but strangely, Ji Yong was walking rather slowly. As he was making his way back to his car, he felt dumb. What kind of person would just walk away after meeting such a rare beauty? It wasn't even a minute and he had left her without even asking her name. It has been awhile since he saw a girl that just ooze attention and without even thinking straight, he simply walk away.

Chaerin could not believe that guy. If she was back at France, she would have brought the guy to his knees, begging her for forgiveness. Yet, she refrained herself because she wasn't in France and South Korea had their own set of rules to follow. Still, it doesn't mean that she was going to let him go just like that. Chaerin was about to chase after him and give him some bittersweet medicine of her own when her instincts kicked in.

From where she was standing, she saw a black mercedes a few blocks back. It might be just another similar car in the city but Chaerin recognised it instantly from the number license plate. It was the same one that she rode in to go to the hotel. She didn't know how they managed to find her that quickly but she wasn't ready to go back just yet, not until she find the place.

Seeing no other way to escape, she run up towards Ji Yong's car just as he went into the front seat and placed the snoopy behind. Chaerin opened the back door and seeing the snoopy, she snatched the toy and held it hostage within her arms. Ji Yong looked behind at the unwelcome passenger, having no idea what on earth just happened.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Just drive!!!"

"Drive? Why?"

"If you don't want me to rip this snoopy to pieces, just drive!!!!"

"Seriously? You think by tearing apart that snoopy going to make me do anything?" smirked Ji Yong, although he was praying deeply that she won't.

But Chaerin was persistent and was about to tear the ear off when Ji Yong screamed.

"Okay, okay, fine!! Just back away from the ear, okay?"

"Thought you didn't care about snoopy?"

"It's not the toy that I care about. It's the feelings of the child who owns the snoopy that I care for."

"Well, if you want to protect the snoopy, then drive!!!"

"If you haven't notice, there's still a traffic jam going on."

"Then just drive across the pavement!"

"With the police going about?"

"I'll handle it so just drive!"

"No way! I can't get in trouble."

"Shessh!!"

Chaerin climbed from the back and pushed Ji Yong away from the driver's seat. Taking control over the wheels, Chaerin kicked the car into high gear, steering it away from the road and into the sidewalk. She continously pressed the horn to warn the pedestrians to clear the way. The numerous obstacles on the avenue was making it hard for Chaerin to drive straight. Having dabbled in some motor racing back in the days, Chaerin managed to maneuver the car without hitting anything or anyone. Ji Yong who was busy trying to get a hold of himself, was watching at the sidelines, horrified of what was taking place.

Ji Yong woke up today, thinking that he might get some time off for himself before going to work this late afternoon. Maybe have a light breakfast, meet up with Seung-hyun Hyung and then go to the salon for his make-up. It was just going to be another day in his 'normal' life. He didn't even had the slightest doubt that anything could change in just a day but he was wrong.

Instead, here he was, sitting beside this drop-dead gorgeous beauty in his car on a saturday afternoon. Usually, he would offer to bring her out for a drive, maybe have lunch together in a cute, cosy cafe, listening to some oldies while staring into each other's eyes. It would really be a dream come true if that actually happen but life is unpredictable. The reality currently was that the drop-dead gorgeous beauty  is the one driving the car, not cruising but rampaging on the streets of the city in broad daylight. As he held on tightly to the assist handle, all that was going through his head as he pray for his life was,

'Seung-hyun hyung's going to kill me.'