5th: Won't even know it

The One True Pairing

The birds were chirpping in the distance, fluttering their wings from one branch to another. An elderly man came into the garden and took out a small packet of sunflower seeds and scattered it on the ground, attracting the birds around him. Afternoon was fast appoarching and the man was just enjoying the calm weather as he felt the gentle breeze under the blue skies. Unlike the serenity of the ambience that encircled him, it would only be moments later when he would receive a call that would soon create a storm within his household. An old man nearing his seventies should be retired and enjoying his golden age yet here he was, despite his frail health, continuing on his work, his ever growing legacy that had started all the way from his great-great grandfather.

"Grandmaster, there is a call from Master Xuanyao."

"What is it regarding?"

"It's about the Ferreria commission."

"Ah, that deal." muttered the old man under his breath, still tending to the birds. "Tell him if he still insist in wanting to start a war with the Ferreria Family or the Kurusagawa Family, the blood will be on his hands, not mine."

"But Grandmaster,"

"My word is final. If he still doesn't want to listen to me despite my warnings, I got nothing to say." exclaimed the old man. "Besides, he will soon take over my position so why listen to me? I'm just some old man babbling nonsense."

"Master Xuanyao insisted on telling you that,"

"I'm tired already. I need my rest. I'm going to sleep now, so don't disturb me." interrupted the old man as he went inside the house, ignoring the man altogether.

The man couldn't defy the Grandmaster's orders and seeing that Master Xuanyao was still on the phone, he took over the call and repeated to him what the Grandmaster had told him.

"If grandfather still continues on being neutral, that is fine by me." remarked Master Xuanyao on the other side. "It just gives me more freedom to do as I see fit."

"Master Xuanyao, is the preparations completed on your end?"

"Who do you think you are talking to? Of course the preparations are done! It's finally time to take revenge on the Kurusagawa Family for all the shame they have done to us in the past. Don't think they can escape this unscathed. There will be a price to pay and their price is BLOOD!"

 

 

The sun was dawning in Seoul, just another day in the busy metropolitan area where style and culture mingles with technology and everyday lifestyle. Chaerin woke up finding herself back at her hotel room, covered in her thick, cashmere blanket and silk pillows.

Just as she arrived at the hotel the night before, the whole lobby was deserted except for the security intel that was guarding the area. Bom Unnie was waiting for her, standing right in the middle of the room as she walked in. Chaerin didn't knew how to look at her and she practically didn't said much. Bom Unnie went up to Chaerin and hugged her, uttering words meant for her ears only.

"I don't know why you went up to Jeongseon-gun but you should know that my family won't tolerate any hidden business when it comes to their daughter-in-laws. I should know because I'm their daughter. I won't ask any questions but make sure you watch your back, Ciel." she whispered.

Bom Unnie let go and smiled at Chaerin, who knew that behind her smile had potentially many meanings and one of them meant that whatever she whispered to her just a moment ago should be taken seriously even if she belonged to the Ferreria Family.

"I'm sure you're tired by now so I'm leaving you here to get some rest. Make sure you wake up on time for my wedding and dress nicely for my brother."

Bom Unnie was about to walk away when Chaerin stopped her in her tracks.

"Soichiro, is he here?"

"No," answered Bom Unnie as she turned around. "Although he arrived at Seoul just a few minutes ago, he won't be staying at this hotel. Don't worry, you will finally meet him soon. He's attending my wedding on the behalf of our father, so you will bound to see him."

Bom Unnie left her at the lobby, leaving the hotel with her own entourage. In spite of all the things that happened, she would finally meet her fiance. It wasn't by force that Chaerin was to marry Soichiro. Instead, it was of her own free will that she would marry him. Soichiro Daiki Kurusagawa is the younger brother of Ayaka Seira Kurusagawa, the middle child but the only male heir to the Kurusagawa Family, one of Japan's most fearsome and respected yakuza families. They had came from a bloodline that existed ever since world war two and has been harvesting their power throughout the darkest ages of Japan, secretly manipulating their way within the society and their history.

Chaerin herself had belonged to a french milieu family, the Ferreria Family whose family reputation was on equal par to that of the Kurusagawa Family. They ruled the underground world of the European circuit and just uttering their name would gain instant recognition for housing the worst, most vile mobsters, laying their hands on almost anything they could get their hands on. Chaerin had lived almost her whole life under that the infamy, wrapped in the darkness of what was said to be the most nefarious and corrupted family to ever lived and still walk the streets freely, dominating anything under the skies. Even if Chaerin was just a half-blood, an illegitimate child of their current Head, she was still a Ferreria associated by blood and by name. She herself had played her own part in adding to their notoriety. As such, they were a perfect pairing in the underground society, forming a rare alliance from two different parts of the world.

Chaerin and Soichiro was engaged when she turned eighteen years old and was promised to be married before her twenty-fouth birthday. So far, she has yet to meet her future husband, the one she chose to marry on her own accord for whatever reasons she herself knew only. Just like how she felt perturbed to meet her aunt, she felt the same excat way to meet her fiance.

All these new found feelings was making Chaerin uncomfortable and she hated it. She hated for being so unsure, uncertained of anything, no ground for her feet to firmly land on, no confirmation that things will go as she wanted to. She hated that she felt weak, that she was vulnerable to changes that might happen in her future when all she did in her past was to strenghten herself to prove her worth. Nevertheless, even with all the changes that took place, Chaerin had no choice but to carry on forward with her instability and uneasiness. She wanted answers, she needed answers and she wouldn't stand any day or so, being ignorant of anything and everything about herself when others knew far more about herself than she did.

If power was what she needed to get what she wanted, she would grab it without any second thoughts to achieve that peace that she so desired. Soichiro was just one of her many pawns that she will used, even if it meant sacificing herself in the process to obtain that direction.

Today was Bom Unnie's wedding. While it marked a new chapter in her life, it was just another day for Chaerin, another chance for everything to work. The clock at her bedside showed that it was about ten o'clock in the morning. She needed to get ready and dressed for the ceremony that would soon started in a few hours' time. Bom Unnie had already prepared her dress for today, carefully placed and hanged in her wardrobe. Her outfit consisted of a few pieces put together specially for her. She had purchased the Thom Browne's Fall 2014 mermaid skirt, a lovely mixture of Bamiyan Blue and Pale Lapis for her bottom with a fusion style ladies military jacket finished of with an oriental chinese collar and button custom made for her by Thom Browne as well. Her jewelry pieces was said to be handpicked by Soichiro himself, a prized limited edition jewelry set designed by Tiffany which was released only during their anniversary and sold only at their main shop in Fifth Avenue, New York.

It was burdensome to wear something that could easy buy a house yet she was required to dress up for the occasion. After ordering room service for breakfast, her hair stylist and make up artist arrived to help her with her appearance, not that she needed anything special to add on to her beauty.

After everything was done, she took a good look at herself and was pleased with the results, noting that the very least she could move even with the heavy dress she had on. Putting on her diamond earrings for herself and grabbing her small Gucci clutch, she opened the door to her hotel room where Mr Hwangsu was waiting for her with her security intel.

Even if their face was motionless, the eyes reacted quickly to the sight in front of them. Chaerin was clueless to what they had thought of her. She, herself was not aware of the effect she had on the opposite gender or even women at times. Walking through the front lobby to get to her car outside, almost all the guests that was checking in or out, stood still, admiring and staring at the goddess that had just graced her presence. Chaerin didn't take notice of the attention that she had brought to herself and continued walking. All she had in her mind was that she would finally meet Soichiro and even with all the emotional baggage she had on her, today would be the day where she would wear her status proudly as she should as a Ferreria and stand beside Soichiro, as his partner and his future wife.

Like Bom Unnie, she will start another chapter in her life very soon but it was coming much faster than she had hoped and when the curtain finally dawns on her, it will be the beginning of the end and Chaerin won't even know it.

 


Author's Note:

Guess the secret out! Yes, the whole story is based on a mafia theme. With Chaerin, GD and Taeyang possessing that intense charisma, I wondered what if they actually bore real power in the world, power that could easily change everything, breaking rules and all badass hence I decided to write this story.

If you guys don't understand, there are different mafia families in the different areas of the world.

The mafia in Japan are known as the Yakuzas which in this story is the Kurusagawa Family.

The mafia in France are known as the Milieu which in this story is the Ferreria Family.

The mafia in Hong Kong which is the short scene at the beginning of this chapter is known as the Triads. The family belonging to this catergory will be explain later on in the story.

I decided to write 2 chapters in one day because I knew when I posted the chapter before this and revealed some secrets like Chaerin and Taeyang being engaged, you guys will immediately think it might be a sunsky ending. Well, like I said, I'm just playing with the coupling and nothing set in stone. I just wanted to write more depth between Chaerin and Taeyang's relationship to give an equal footing for both men as they fight for Chaerin's heart. Well, I won't indulge in anymore spoilers, so that's all I can write for today. I'm going to be busy again so maybe, just hopefully, I would post another chapter next week. Until then, stay tune!