Chapter 6

I'm Pregnant with my... Ex.Boyfriend Baby!?

Sica's POV

 

' It's time like these that i wish i was a woman,' JungSu said as he tapped his foot on the carpet floor of the waiting room and played nervously with his own hands. I laughed out loud as he ran his fingers through his dark hair nervously.

 

'What? why?' I said through fits of laughter.

 

'So, I wouldn't feel so out of place. ' he mumbled, sounding increasingly uncomfortable.

 

I laughed some more.

 

Today was the day Mom had maede an appointment to see an Ob/gyn to get my pregnancy checked out. Unfortunately for Jungsu, Mom had scheduled the appointment for when she would be at work, leaving jungsu to take me. No matter how long he argued good-naturedly that i could drive myself, Mom said i shouldn't have to go alone.

 

'You're really scared of the lady doctor?' I asked jokingly as jungsu kept his eyes trained on his lap, never allowing himself to look up at the...detailed..posters on the wall depicting all sorts of 'wonders' of the female body.

 

'No' Jungsu stammered nervously, still not looking up.

 

'Do i need to go get a brochure and look through it with you then?I teased.

 

'Okay,okay.. I admit it, I'm terrified.' he said with a chuckle.

 

I laughed

 

'That's what i thought'

 

At the moment, a nurse in purple and pink scrubs came in, clutching a clipboard.

 

'Jessica?' she called. I stood and grabbed my bag. Jungsu rose to follow me, looking pained.

 

'Stay here' I said with a laugh.

 

'Your mom will kill me.'

 

'Then I guess we won't tell her' 

 

Jungsu satdown, looking like the most relieved man on earth. I followed the nurse into a room, where she weighed me and took my vitals. Then she left me alone at the examination table, telling that Dr.Song would be in a second.

 

When the doctor entered, I instantly liked her--she was a beautiful chinese/korean woman with a bright eyes and a healthy of laughliness.

 

'Hi Jessica' she said brightly,shaking my hand with a warm smile. 'How are you feeling today?'

 

'I'm great,Thanks' I said, smiling

 

'Awesome, I'm just going to ask you a few question to see where we're at okay?'

 

'Alright' I replied

 

'A few?' Try a few thousand! For the next half hour, Dr.song grilled me on very aspect of my life, asking me a question about previous pregnancies, any past surgeries, my allergies, whether i smoked , whether i drank, my family history, what pregnancy symptoms i had, whether my partner and i had any birth defects, and what seemed like hundred more topics. After that she explained to me what i should expect from pregnancy and what i should look for a warning signs that something for my first ultrasound and another appointment for a series of test that we'd have to conduct to make sure my baby and i were both healthy. After that, she gave me a through physical, took a urine sample and gave me some advice on things i could do to stay healthy.

 

Finally, she said:

 

'Now, i know that's alot to take in. do you have any question?'

 

I paused for a moment, about to say no, when a question popped up in the back of my mind.

 

'What if i need like a DNA test? i said. ' To like..see who the dad is.' It had been a week since Sooyoung had demanded I get a DNA test, and i was eager to get it done.

 

Dr.Song looked at me for a minute. she must thought i was the biggest on earth, a pregnant seventeen year-old who didn't know who her baby daddy was.

 

'You don't know the father of your child? she asked

 

'I do' I said nervously. ' It's just...he doesn't believe me.'

 

'Well' Dr.song said,' If you can get the father up here, we can run a quick paternity screening to see if there's a match.' 

 

'Yeah..' I swallowed. ' Okay, I'll try to call him?'

 

Dr.song smiled warmly, which made me instantly feel comfortable.

 

'Great, I'll be back in few minutes to see if you've had any luck. ' with that, she left.

 

When the doctor was gone, I whipped out my cellphone and stood up walking around the rooma and rubbing my belly, which was now getting sort of noticeable. I knew Sooyoung's number by heart, I dialed it and waited for him to pick up.

 

'What is it? he asked on the third ring, so much for hello.. :3

 

'I can get a DNA test.'

 

'Okay'he replied 'Great' He sounded the opposite of enthusiastic.

 

'Like,today' 

 

'So what do i have to do to prove it's not mine?' he sounded impatient. That's okay, i told myself. Atleast, that'll get him down here.

 

'Come down to Dr.song's Office in town. she can test us.'

 

'Okay.. when?'

 

'Now'

 

Sooyoung's reply was an exaggerated sigh that nearly blew my eardrums out.

 

'Fine' he grumbled. 'see you in fifteen minutes.'

 

He hang up without saying goodbye.

 

Twenty minutes later, Sooyoung stood up a respectful distance away from me, leaning against the door frame while i was still perched on the examination table.

 

'Alright, you two' The nurse said as she came in with two syringes in hands. 'We're just going to take a little blood from both of you and then put it through testing, No big deal '

 

First, she took blood from Sooyoung then from my arm, saying she was going to seperate my DNA from my baby's then look for a match to Sooyoung's.

 

We'll have a results in a couple of hours. ' she said when she returnes from taking our blood samples away. ' Have a nice day! '

 

Sooyoung didn't say a single word to me as he left.

 

*******

 

I paced back and forth across my bedroom floor like i had done for almost an hour now, nearly wearing a hole in the carpet. Sooyoung and I taken the paternity test at the Ob/gyn's almost four hours ago, and no one called with my results yet. I stopped my pacing to look in the mirror. I had change from a loose-fitting lace shirt and shorts to a tight white cami and grey sweats. In a shirt this fitting, you could see where my baby bump was starting to grow.

 

The loud sound of my phone ringing from where it lay on my bed made me jump. I sprinted across the room and pounced on my phone, grabbing it in my hands and staring at the number that was calling. It wasn't one i had saved in my contacts. I crossed my fingers, hoping it would be the paternity test results.

 

'Hello?' I said as i answered hoping not to sound overeager.

 

'Hello, is this Jessica jung? ' a cool voice asked.

 

'Yeah, it's me. ' I replied, trying to keep a calm tone.

 

'This is Dr.song's office calling to confirm the result of your paternity test. The result were positive. There was a definite match.'

 

My hands were shaking and i suddenly felt unable to reply. 

 

'Hello? the voice called. 'Are you still there?'

 

'Yes.. yes. I'm still here. Thank you very much. '

 

I flopped down on my bed staring at the ceiling, shaking with relief. So now what? what i had know to be true all along was now 100% proven. So what happen next?

 

I had to tell Sooyoung. I didn't know how much it was going to change things between us, and quite frankly, i didn't care. I just felt like I  needed him to know. I needed to make sure he knew that what i was carrying inside of me was half him. I didn't want my child to be stuck in the constant confusion of not having a father force present in their life.

 

I picked up my phone and called Sooyoung. 

 

No answer.

 

I called him again.

 

Still no answer.

 

I called a third time and this time, I got disconnected on the second ring. I couldn't believe it! He was pushing ignore on my calls intentionally. Adrenaline rush through my brain, I decided it was time to put an end to this nonsense, once for all! I pulled a T-shirt over my cami and went downstairs, grabbing my keys off the counter and yelling over my shoulder to Jungsu, giving him some excuse to where i was going.

 

 

As i drove down the road, probably going away over the speed limit. Rain began to fall, little spritzes at first that eventually grew into big, Fat raindrops that slid down my wind shield like tears. I tried calling Sooyoung again. No answer. I pushed down harder on the gas, sending up sprays of water as i droved through puddler. I caught a glance of my reflection in the rearview mirror and shuddered. My hair was falling out my messy bun in stringy pieces, and my eyeliner was running down my face. but it didn't matter now. I drove on the rain sounding heavy and angry on all sides of my car. I didn't slow down a bit though, not until i reached Sone Lane. Sooyoung's street. 

 

 

I didn't care if i was being a crazy stalker. I had to get this done, and i had to get done today.

 

I pulled into Sooyoung's driveway, sending water flying with the suddeness of my stop. His car was at home. Good, I stormed up to his front door. My adrenaline still flowing, and knocked three times. I waited a few times. No answer. I rang the doorbell and waited someone. No answer. I stomped my foot and screamed in frustration. When i couldn't wait any longer, I my heels and walked quickly back down his walkway into the rain, the water coming from above mixing with my tears. I screamed out loud, but my cries were drowned by a burst of thunder. I stood there, my head hung while rain poured over my body. I was going to be completely alone in raising this baby. That much was clear how. 

 

Sooyoung would be no use. 

 

***************************************************************


Hi again? Spheres?You're disappointed to Soo right? keke

Peace Mianhe 

 

I know some of you like this :

 

 

 Positive and Negative comment are welcome here. 

2nd Update! 
Bye!