Chapter 12

I'm Pregnant with my... Ex.Boyfriend Baby!?

The next month was a rough one. Ever since Sooyoung's little visit(and some definite proof that I was majorly into him)loneliness had set in. Steph was off at college, and so was Sooyoung. Both Mom and Jungsu worked most days, and that meant I was home alone most of the time, thumbing through baby name books and scrolling through catalogs of baby supplies online. 

 

I was home alone one day, getting together the pieces of a baby scrapbook that I was going to suprised Sooyoung with after the delivery, when the doorbell ring. I stood up, pulled one of Sooyoung's sweatshirt over my camisole, and went downstairs. When I opened the door, Yuri was standing on the other hand.

 

"Yuri. Hi." I said. He looked at me awkwardly. I hadn't talked to him since last month, when he told me Sooyoung had been cheating on me, which ended up being false.

 

"Hey Jess." He said. "Can we talk?"

 

"Sure," I said, as I led him to the front porch swing. We sat side-by-side, both of us staring out at the crisp October air in silence for a few minutes.

 

"I wanted to apologize to you Jessica. I know now that Sooyoung wasn't cheating on you. He posted a status explaining the picture two days after I skyped you. I'm sorry for ever making you doubt him."

 

"It's Okay, Yuri. Really. I know you were just looking out for me and the baby."

 

"And please, don't think that I did it on purpose to make you hate Sooyoung or anything. I don't want that at all."

 

"I know," I replied. "You were drunk. I forgive you."

 

"I've felt so awful about it for a month," he said. " I don't know why I didn't have the guts to just come out and apologize."

 

"Really,Yuri,it's fine. But I really appreciate you coming all the way out here to apologize," I said.

 

"I didn't come all the way out just to apologize, Jess." Yuri replied.

 

"Oh?"

 

My mind race. What could he possibly want besides to apologize?

 

"I came to see how you and my future godson were doing," he smiled warmly at my belly. 

 

"I know one thing," I said with a laugh. "I'm ready to meet him, and he's squirming around like he's ready to come out!" 

 

"So you're feeling bad?" Yuro looked concerned.

 

"Not too bad." I said with a laugh. "My ob/gyn warned me that during the next trimester I was going to be really uncomfortable though."

 

"Man," Yuri said, giving a low whistle. "Pregnancy bites."

 

I laughed.

 

"You'd think so, wouldn't you? Cravings,puking,mood swings,acne ,stretch mark,snoring and all kinds of other good stuff. But I'm really happy being pregnant. At first, I was beyond nervous having this baby. But now I know that he's a gift, and no matter how hard this pregnancy gets, I'm never going to regret it, and I'm always going to enjoy it. " As I said the words, I cupped my hands around my now very big belly and felt as my son kicked.

 

"So why don't i take you and your bundle of joy out for something to eat?You hungry?" Yuri asked.

 

As a matter of Fact, I was starving, but I didn't really feel driving myself to get some food. Knowing how awkward this would be, I said yes anyway.

 

"Sure."

 

"Alright." Yuri said as I followed him to his car. "What are you hungry for?"

 

"Hmmm Tuna waffle and Ice cream." I blurted, even though I hadn't meant to. I blushed. Yuri was going to think I was crazy. 

 

"Fine ," he responded , as though I had said something normal, like burgers. "Let's go to Waffle House. We can stop at the grocery store on the way and some Ice cream."

 

"Seriously? You don't have to do that. You know that, right? It's just a stupid craving. It'll pass."

 

"Come on," Yuri said. "To the grocery store we go."

 

An hour later we were sitting in a grease-coated booth at Waffle House, each of us with a plate of three tuna waffles. A strawberry pint container of icecream sat between us.

 

"This is crazy," I said as i stared at the strawberry pint container of the ice cream. "I hate Strawberry." But even as I said it, my stomach growled. Hate or not, those strawberry looked amazing, and it seemed like my son REALLY wanted some, too.

 

"If you're craving them. Go on," Yuri said encouragingly.

 

I sighed and shakily grabbed the ice cream. I gripped the lid and tried as hard as I could to open them.

 

"Having trouble?" Yuri teased with a chuckle. "Here."

 

"These are AMAZING." I said instantly as I shoved a forkful of Tuna waffles into my mouth and chewed it with the ice cream until the mixed together, creating a flavor combination I never thought would be so good. Yuri laughed wildly.

 

The rest of our lunch went better than I ever through it could. We laughed and joked like old friends, and I never thought things would go so smoothly. Even couple of girls from my high school pointing and laughing at my baby bump couldn't bring me down. We were having a great time, and I realized just how long it had been since I'd laughed out loud.

 

"This was awesome Yul," I said as we climbed my porch steps. "I haven't hung out with anyone in way too long."

 

"You shouldn't have to be lonely in here all the time Jess just because you're pregnant and you didn't go to college. I didn't go either, remember? I'm waiting a year to mature. It being at home while everyone else is gone, I know, but that doesn't mean we have to be bored and lonely. We should do this more often Jess, Like, weekly."

 

My breath caught in my throat. Weekly? Like, as in almost date?I wasn't sure if Sooyoung would like that. In fact, I was sure he wouldn't. And Yuri? What was he thinking? That we were going to get back together now that Sooyoung was out of town?

 

"Yul....I can't have you falling in love with me again. I'm sorry, I - - "

 

I was cut off by Yuri laughing out loud. And he wasn't just chuckling. He was all-out, clutching his stomach, tears pouring down his face, turning bright red laughing. 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn;t know the idea of anyone falling love with me was that funny." I said hotly.

 

"Oh Jess, it's not,"Yuri said, still smiling, wiping tears from his face with one hand while putting the other on my shoulder. "You're perfectly loveable. but you have to get out of the mindset that every guy you talk is going to fall for you. " He smiled at me like one would a toddler who had just fallen on her backside.

 

"It's just, we have a history and -"

 

"It's been six month Jess," Yuri said, still chuckling. "I'm perfectly happy being your friend and watching over the little man, without expecting anything more from you. "

 

I instanly felt better.

 

"Alright then," i replied. "From here on out, we'll do something fun together once a week, so neither of us gets too bored."

 

"Perfect,"Yuri said, shaking my hand on it. "See you next week, Jess!"

 

I watched as he walked off my porch and into his car, in better spirits that I had been all week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Spheres, Update again ^^

Peace be with you Mwaaaa....