Interrogation by Choi Hyo Min, Lee Ji Hyun and Bang Min Ji

Guys... Don't fight for me!!!!

“Lee Sung Yeol, you’re such an annoying person!” I angrily stated while sweeping the floor. Why? Thanks to Lee Sung Yeol, I got detention from Miss.Kim, the scariest teacher ever for skipping her class.

FLASHBACK

“Stay with me, stay with me, STAY WITH ME!!!!!” He repeated over and over like a child. I was born to be bad at refusing requests so I reluctantly stayed with him. Slowly, I went to his right side and sat.

“Do you always staring at people like that? No wonder if boys don’t get close to you. You stared at them as if you want to eat them. ALIVE.” Sung Yeol said when he caught me staring at him. I faked a cough and averted his gaze. Somehow, I felt my face was getting warmer.

“Yes, that’s my way of looking at people. Bear with it if you really want to make me fall in love with you.” I sarcastically replied. I wondered - how did he get into the elite class when he’s always skipping classes?

“My parents sent me to extra classes and I’m too genius to learn from the teachers.” He told me, as if he read my mind. “By the way, it’s Add Math now so I’m skipping it. I’m too genius for Add Math.”

Again, I stared at him.

“What?” He also stared at me.

“Based on Mid-Year Exam analysis, you’re one of the few elite students that failed.” I said, remembering the analysis that I had see in Mr.Park’s record. He always let us saw the analysis.

That time, it was Sung Yeol’s turn to ask me, “How did you end up not being the elite student?”

“My brain was designed to perform horribly during exams.” I simply replied, earning whole hearted laugh from him.

“Wow, totally unexpected answer.” He said between laughs. Then he continued laughing for a minute before he stopped and asked me, “What was the subject now? I mean, your class.”

I thought for a minute and suddenly the horror music played in the background (imaginations, of course).

“It’s Hi-Hi-History.” I stuttered after recovering from my two-seconds-mental-breakdown state.

“It’s just History. What are you so scared about?” Sung Yeol said.

‘It’s just HISTORY you say!?’

“Yah! It’s HISTORY that I’m so scared about!!!! It’s HISTORY!!!!” I screamed. Sung Yeol covered his ears with his hands. He was about to utter something when I said, “It’s Miss.Kim’s!!!”

His face lost its colour. Then, he, at once stood and also pulled my right hand. I followed him and stood up. He glanced at his wristwatch.

“Let’s go! There’s still some time before her period end. Just get in and say that Mr.Ok called you.” He said and pulled me. We walked along the quiet corridor.

By the quiet corridor, I mean it. It was so quiet that the sound of our footsteps echoed. Scary, isn’t it?

But that wasn’t the problem now. The problem was,

Will Miss.Kim believe in that?

Of course it didn’t. By the time I finished explaining, she fished out her iPhone from her handbag and called Mr.Ok. You know his reply.

“Why should I call for her? She isn’t my wife.” The whole class that was quite as the graveyard was now full with laughters.

Mind you, Miss.Kim putted on the loudspeaker. All that I could do was,

Mentally hit myself at the blackboard.

END OF FLASHBACK

That’s how I’m stuck here, in my class, sweeping the floor. The punishment was to clean up the classroom. As I proceed to rearrange the tables, someone came in. I want to ignore it but…

“Oh, Kim Eun Ae-sshi. Where were you during Miss.Kim’s class?”

It’s them. You know, my best friends - Hyo Min, Min Ji and Ji Hyun. I sighed before ignoring them. Too bad, as mischievous they were, they kind-heartedly ‘rearranged’ the tables back to their position. Girls, I’m very grateful for your help.

“You better hurry up. I saw Him Chan Oppa’s car.” Ji Hyun said and I scoffed.

“He just called me to tell me that he can’t pick me up. You have to upgrade your acting skills, Lee Ji Hyun-sshi.” I teased. Ji Hyun looked flustered.

“Okay, let’s get to the point. There’s no point of hitting around the bushes.” Min Ji took over. She continued, “Where are you during Miss.Kim’s class? It’s rare for you to skip classes.”

“That’s wrong, maknae-yah.” Hyo Min cut her. She cast a curious yet mischief look at me, “What are you doing with Lee Sung Yeol?”

“Gosh, I really recommend you girls to be investigators. You would make a great team.” I answered without answering Hyo Min’s question. This time, it was Ji Hyun’s turn, “Well, before that, how did you get close, by that means REALLY close to Lee Sung Yeol? You aren’t that close before even though he is the President of Red Cross while you’re the Vice President.”

I’m done. These girls seriously wouldn’t let me go.

I let out a loud sigh and stopped from arranging tables. I took a seat. So did my best friends. I took a deep breath and let it out as a symbol of mustering courage. I looked at my friends. They looked very serious as if I’m really doing something bad and was about to confess. To be honest, their serious expressions got me scared. Ha ha ha. Funny, isn’t it?

“Yah! Stop doing those expressions! They really scared me.” I voiced out. They laughed and said that they didn’t expect me to get scared with their expressions. Then, I gulped my saliva and started talking. Seriously, I’m feeling as if I’m standing in of Miss.Kim herself.

“Ok, I’m gonna make it short but packed.” I joked but they were not patient and I got scold. So, I continued, “Well, do you girls remembered that day when all of you told me that Min Ji is dating Ji Min?”

They nodded like kids when we asked them about something. They looked very cute!

“Then, during recess, I told you that my fever’s back and went on my own way. Am I right?” I asked them, still playing the ‘detectives game’. Seeing them getting impatient each second, I continued, “Before going to the infirmary, I went to the library. As you all know my hobby, which is reading books.”

“Please go on.” Ji Hyun added, playing along. The rest nodded their head. So, I went on.

“Well, it happened in the library.” I said as I remembered the scene. I felt that my face was getting warmer by seconds.

“What happened? Did both of you accidently kissed?”Min Ji’s voice went up a pitch higher made us slightly jumped.

“Our maknae isn’t innocent as she seems to be.” Hyo Min teased, making the maknae blushed. She added, “I wonder what she had been done with Ji Min?” Making the maknae as red as tomato. We were all laughing except for the maknae. She was left speechless.

“Enough with the jokes. Detective Eun Ae, please continue your report.” Min Ji, still with the ‘detective game’, seriously spoke brought laughter from us again, leaving the maknae pouting in the corner.

“Auww, where’s Ji Min? Ji Min-sshi, your girlfriend is sulking!” Ji Hyun added. Then, she went to Min Ji’s side and hugged her, saying, “Min Ji-yah, we’re just kidding. We’re sorry.” Then Min Ji laughed, saying it’s all an act. The table turned, it was now, we who were dumbfounded.

“Ok, what is happening next is we are fighting for this novel.” I faked a cough before continuing, “He held the book over his head so, I stood on my toes to take it. But,” Before I couldn’t finish my sentence, Ji Hyun continued.

“You slipped and fell on top of him! And did?” I know the next word so before she could finish it, I cut her.

“I did NOT!” I yelled but not on top of my voice. Then, I continued, “Why did you love to imagine the kissing part!?” Hyo Min smirked.

“It’s because that’s what happened mostly in dramas.” Hyo Min replied followed by Ji Hyun’s “And novels and fan fictions and stories.” Min Ji nodded, making me covered my face.

“Girls, this isn’t dramas, novels, fan fictions and stories. Mind you, Lee Ji Hyun, those three words are the same thing – stories. In fact, four of them are.” (Author : It is girls… *evil laugh*)

“That’s all? I don’t think it’s just that.” Min Ji questioned. Ah, maknae. You’re too smart to be fooled.

“Okay, that’s it and we’re chased out of the library. He got the book.” I continued. However, these three ‘detectives’ were still eyeing me with there are-you-sure eyes. I gave up.

“Fine! On the way home, I passed out thanks to the fever and when I opened my eyes, I was in my room, with Him Chan by my side. End of the report.” I spilled it out and ended it with the ‘detective game’ style. I was about to rest but Min Ji raised her hand. I faked a smile. It’s the ‘journalist game’, huh? I went along, “Yes?”

“Did he caught you and sent you home?” I just nodded. I did not have any energy left thanks to them. Ji Hyun was the next that asked me, “How did you know?”

“Him Chan told me.” I simply answered. Then, I looked at Hyo Min, “Yes?”

“Did he leave something for you?” I half-heartedly laugh and nodded, “There is. It’s the novel that we fought over.” Their laugh filled the class. Hyo Min, still did not satisfied with the answer asked, “Did he left anything else?”

“Yes, he left a memo, on it was telling me to read this and return it back to him when I finished reading.” I answered.

“Did he leave anything that might be ways to contact him?” As expected from Hyo Min. She will get through the whole.

“His phone number.” With that answer, the class was filled with their laughter again. I let out a sigh and continued arranging the tables. It’s a good thing that they didn’t disturb me. Instead, they talked about me dating Sung Yeol.

“I’m done! Let’s go home! By the way, why did you stay in school? Did you get detention too? Where are you boyfriends?” I asked as I walked towards my seat and picked my bag.

“We told them about you and Sung Yeol and that we were staying to interrogate you.” Ji Hyun said, making me wanted to hit my head onto the wall. Ji Hyun’s also.

“You better don’t tell them anything or all of you will end up being single by the end of tomorrow.” I threaten them and eerie silence enveloped us. They nodded their head and just like that, we went home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be post yesterday but thanks to my 'lovely' internet connection i had to post it today...

Enjoy!