chapter two

Warrior

w  a  r  r  i  o  r | {02} 


“Fear?” Zitao turned to Luhan during their warm up. Miyeon had left the room to discuss things with Minseok while the boys warmed up before their first day of training. Aside from Zitao, the other guys already knew Miyeon quite well.

“Yes, I know it sounds odd but she has a fear of children.” Luhan said. “She’s not scared of them, but …oh how do I say this? She doesn’t know what to do around them, she doesn’t like interacting with them…she’s not comfortable around them and she gets anxiety around them.”

Yixing nodded. “No one really knows why, even we don’t and we’ve been working with her for years. I met her first, when she first came here. I think she was twelve, or something…I don’t remember.” He starts. “I was fourteen I think? And we were leaving after our judo lessons, my little sister who was four at the time came with my mom to pick me up…And Miyeon completely freaked out when my little sister ran up to her.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Oh God not this again…” He mumbled.

Luhan nudged him. “Let Zitao know.”

“She started crying; even if she was silent about it I saw…she started crying.” Yixing said. “It was bizarre to me; Li Xing is the cutest thing.” He mumbled in disappointment.

Luhan chuckled. “Man your sister is the nicest person ever, none of us know why that happened and it’s been years. Ever since then, she’s been nervous and anxious around kids. None of us were able to crack the code, maybe you could.”

Zitao furrowed his brows as he lifted his weights. “That’s an odd fear to have… Does she have a boyfriend?”

“Why? You interested?” Chanyeol peeked over his dumbbells.

“I-“

“I’m joking!” Chanyeol laughed. “No she doesn’t, she’s never dated or anything like that. She’s afraid of love, I mean we all are; we’re all afraid of getting hurt but , she’s never been on a date…not even one. She doesn’t crush on people, she doesn’t blush…show affection, none of it.”

Sehun sat up from his yoga mat and stretched his legs; the youngest finally broke his silence after mediating. “It’s weird actually, she’s afraid of falling in love to such an extent, it’s like she never wants to find her other half or whatever you call it. Her family status is a mess too.”

The boys shot glances at the youngest, Sehun only sat there with a poker face as he realized what he just said.

“Family status?”

Yixing shook his head. “You’ll find out eventually, if you break Miyeon’s surface…Trust me man, she has a thick layer of ice you gotta break through before the real Miyeon comes through. She’s all tough at first but then she softens up.”

“That didn’t sound right.” Sehun mumbled.

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Oh shut up Sehun, it’s not like you could be the one to uncover Song Miyeon.”

 

Zitao put his weights down and stretched out his arms. “Who knows…” He mumbled.

 

Just then Miyeon came into the training room and crossed her arms. “Oh Sehun, you call that stretching? Drop and give me fifty.”

Sehun got himself into a plank position before counting down the number of pushups. “50…49…48…”

 

She looked around the room. “Chanyeol, try two hundred fifty pounds today, okay?”

Chanyeol looked around the room and nodded.

“Luhan, you too…Squat with weights on your shoulders. If you have no thigh muscles, you’ll never get a chance of winning your first competition.”

Miyeon then turned to Yixing. “Abs.” She simply said, finally, she glanced at Zitao. She looked from head to toe and raised an eyebrow.

“What’s wrong?” Zitao tilted his head.

Miyeon turned around and left without a word. “Give me a second please.”

 

Zitao turned around in confusion and looked at his new team members. “Guys?”

Sehun shook his head. “Oh you lucky bastard, that means you have nothing to work on…It means you’re perfect basically, this is the second time I’ve heard Miyeon noona say that, and even though she’s young, she’s considered a professional trainer.”

Yixing rolled his eyes. “Oh you and your informal speech.”

Chanyeol nodded. “Man, you probably get to wrestle with her without any training. Good luck with that, she’s a tough one.”

Luhan pressed his lips into a firm line. “I feel like you’re going to let her win easily just because she’s a girl, don’t do that…In this field, she’s a man!”

“Manlier than you!” Sehun laughed.

Luhan rolled his eyes. “This kid.” He mumbled.

 

Miyeon came in and walked towards Zitao; she lifted his shirt and said “I need this off.” She said.

Zitao did as he was told, he took his shirt off.

“Chanyeol come here.” Miyeon said. “And Luhan.”

They stood side by side, and even though Luhan and Chanyeol had a six pack, Zitao’s body was ripped compared to theirs.

Sehun snorted and laughed. “Hyung looks like a ten year old boy up there compared to Zitao.”

Miyeon turned around. “Do you want to come up here?”

Sehun ran up there and took his shirt off.

She smacked his six pack. “You got abs alright, but you’re so damn skinny…That’s not cute!” Miyeon wrinkled her nose. “Conceited brat. Take a week off, no exercise for a week. Eat from red meat, come back and we’ll do some muscle defining, you don’t have enough fat to turn into muscle you punk!”

Yixing chuckled and shook his head. “She knows exactly what he’s doing.” He said as he continued to work out.

 

Luhan went back to his weights. “Miyeon, Zitao thinks he could crack your shell.” He said.

Miyeon scoffed. “My .” She said. “We’re doing progress tests in two weeks, Chanyeol and Yixing, Luhan and Sehun, Zitao and…me.” She said. “Alright?  Wrestling…” She put her clipboard aside and handed Zitao some boxing gloves. Miyeon held up two targets and said “Hit me.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but watch as Zitao hit target after target, he was fast and precise too, he wondered how much it would hurt to actually get hit by him.

Miyeon bent down as he swung and called time. “Okay stop.” She said, out of breath. “Not bad, how long have you been doing this again?”

“Fifteen years.” Zitao said.

“Impressive.” She said as she put her targets down. “Have you ever tried wrestling?” Miyeon asked.

Zitao shook his head. “N-No.”

“Well get ready because we’re going to get up close and personal.” Miyeon said as she shoved a plastic mouth guard in , she gave him one too. “Put this in your mouth.”

“Why?”

“So if I slam you on the ground face first, your teeth will still be there.” Miyeon said.

 

***

The boys watched in shock as Miyeon sat on Zitao’s chest, she had her thighs around his neck. One arm pinned his wrist down onto the ground as she other grabbed onto his thigh. Zitao was in pain, but being the stubborn idiot he was, he refused to surrender.

 

Chanyeol flushed red. “Ya know…when she said up close and personal, she wasn’t joking.”

Sehun covered his mouth. “Oh gosh that must hurt; Zitao didn’t get to stretch at all…his poor legs.”

Luhan shook his head. “Nah, give it two weeks or so, Miyeon doesn’t take long to train people. Zitao will be able to beat us in like week’s time.”

Yixing watched, unamused, he had seen Miyeon fight hundreds of times but today was different. “She looks happy.” He mumbled. “I haven’t seen that in years.”

 

The guys watched in a corner after finishing their workout in silence, they were speechless after hearing Miyeon laugh.

“She never laughed when she wrestled me.” Chanyeol whispered. “And I’m hilarious.”

Minseok peeked into the room and stared for a few minutes, and then he chuckled. “Zitao…Huang Zitao, he’s a keeper.” He mumbled.

 

Zitao gritted his teeth. “Okay, fine…I give up.” He snapped under his breath. “Do you enjoy seeing me in pain?”

Miyeon scoffed and got off him. “I do, it amuses me.”

Zitao stood up and then crouched over again. “I can’t feel my legs.” He groaned. He looked up in disbelief. “She’s truly a fighter.” He said to himself.

 

She walked away. “Break!” 


[a/n] comments are appreciated ^.^