First Day of School

A Yearning Desire [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Key: Character's thoughts = text -Example- text Character's actions in between speeches = "text (Example) text." Flashback = (Example) Next scene = ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Some scenes contain strong language. Please note that~

The first day of school has arrived. At Jawoon High School there were at least 1,300 students enrolled from first to third years. The school is known for its math, social and natural sciences, let alone humanities. 

Gun Tae and Hyun Woo were dressed in their school uniforms, ready to face the new school. It was Gun Tae's second year in high school while it was Hyun Woo's first year. He and Sae Ron were the freshmen this year. 

Behind them, So Hyun, Yoo Jung, and Sae Ron were also looking at the beautiful school. The five marched in to the school together to find their classes. 

It didn't come as a surprise when they all share the same classroom with their same grades. Sae Ron and Hyun Woo's class were down the hall in 1-D, while Gun Tae, So Hyun, and Yoo Jung were in class 2-B. On the second floor, Gun Tae and Yoo Jung were walking together with So Hyun behind them. She watched as they walked closed together. 

Inside the crowded room, with six rows of seats and five chairs/desks in each. 

Gun Tae found two seats near the back but So Hyun took one and gestured for Yoo Jung to take the other. Yoo Jung and Gun Tae shared a moment of gazing into each other's eyes, before Gun Tae moved to the front and sat with a group of boys. 

So Hyun noticed the group of boys. They were the boys she had met before on the streets with the skateboard. Then the familiar pink-puced hair from behind stood out to her. "Kim Taehyung?" She asked herself, surprised she could remember his name. 

An elder man entered the room in a nice dressed suit. Right as he entered the bell for class rang. 

"Everyone please take a seat for now, uh, I am Choi Sung Guk, call me Teacher Choi. I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of this year. I'm going to call roll for now so-"

A boy with dark skin entered the classroom. and stopped by the door as he looked around. "Oh, I'm late. Should I go to the office teacher?" The boy asked, the teacher looked over to him. 

"Huh? Oh, uh can I get your name first." 

"Park Ji Bin." The dark-skinned boy replied with a dimple smile. 

"Oh Park Ji Bin? No, come, come in and have a seat." The teacher quickly motioned. 

"Oh.... Okay, sorry for being late." The boy apologized and moved to sit in the center of the room. 

"Life happens and sometimes even good boys run late, don't worry about it." The teacher said with a smile as he pulled out a roll call sheet. Everyone was a little surprised at his statement but let it slide. "Alright, class of 2-B, we're all in the right room right?" 

"Yes!" The majority answered. Gun Tae was sitting next to the dark-skinned boy and to the puced hair boy, Taehyung. He kept his gaze forward, not daring to make any eye contact. 

"Okay, it looks like everyone is here, 29 students and only one seat left open. Great! Now I'll call roll." 

As the teacher goes down the list of 30, students listened carefully for their name. Finally he was at the Kim's, "Kim Gun Tae?"

"Here." Gun Tae answered quickly. 

"Kim Jiyeon?" 

"Here." It was a pretty girl who looks Japanese. 

"Kim Namjoon?" 

"Here." 

So Hyun could see it was that boy she had tripped using the skateboard. 

"Kim Seokjin?"

"Here!" It was a boy with brown hair and mature features. He was sitting with Namjoon. 

"Okay, Kim So Hyun?" 

"Present." So Hyun answered and from the corner of her eyes she caught the whole group looking at her from the front, even Taehyung spun around after hearing her voice. She avoid their gazes until they spun around. 

"Kim Taehyung? Kim Taehyung are you here?" The teacher repeated.

"Oh here." Taehyung raised his hand. So Hyun smiled at that. 

"Oh, aren't you this year's Team Captain in basketball?"

"Yes sir."

"Great! Kim Youngjae, then Nam Jung?" The teacher proceed with the roll calling. Once he was done, The last two students were Park Jimin and Park Jibin. "Okay, now that this is done, I will give you all five minutes to pick a seat of your choosing for today, then tomorrow I will assign seats. I want everyone to be comfortable on their first day back to school, then we'll get going to math." 

Some students cheered and began moving seats. Jibin watched as everyone moved around him, none of the boys at the corner, nor did Guntae moved seats. Yoojung wanted to take the seat behind Guntae, but she couldn't leave Sohyun in the back alone. Sohyun watched as Yoojung played with her fingers, "Go, take that seat before someone else take it." Sohyun said, knowing her intention. 

"What about you?" Yoojung asked. 

"I won't die sitting next to strangers." Sohyun said with her arms crossed and faced forward. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter