Summer Break: July

A Yearning Desire [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Key: Character's thoughts = text -Example- text Character's actions in between speeches = "text (Example) text." Flashback = (Example) Next scene = ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Some scenes contain strong language. Please note that~

The screeching of tennis shoes on maple wood planks inside the school gym and a single ball bouncing against the floor echo through the whole building. A tall and slim boy with peachy puce hair and pale flawless skin made up a lay-up using one hand to throw the rounded basketball into the hoop. Scoring a point for his team in which they ran over to him and cheered for their victory point. 

After the game Kim Taehyung headed into the boy's locker room where he found many of his teammates in there changing out of their basketball uniforms into their street clothes. Many bowed and complimented him for another good game he'd pull off.

And once they had stopped giving him attention and left the building, he slide off his netted team's vest over his head and finally got his locker to open. Once he got done dressing down he headed toward the exit when a member of the other team ran up to him.

As team captain of the school's basketball team, it was his job to know everyone on the team, and he remembered the boy joined last semester and goes by the name J-Hope. 

"Oh Team Captain!" J-Hope greeted Taehyung with a playful smack to his arm and the puce haired boy shook it off with no effort. 

"Hey J-Hope," Taehyung greeted then decided he should start the conversation just to play his role, "how are you liking being on the team?"

"It's great! You're such a great player and I'm glad to be on your team!" J-Hope flattered Taehyung again, but for someone who had been playing basketball since elementary school, he was used to all the compliments related to basketball, so J-Hope's praising towards him meant nothing to him. 

"I'm glad you're on the team. If you need something do let me know alright?" Taehyung invited and J-Hope nodded with his smile glued to his face. This time it was the team's captain turn when he smacked the player's arm and left with a slight smile.

While passing through a neighborhood with poor living conditions, Taehyung noticed something, or someone. Near the dock where fishermen usually leave their boats tied to the availiable wooden poles that lined up along the dock, he could see the figure of an older boy looking out to the open sea.

Taehyung grew up in the area and he was positive he was not familiar with the boy, but the puce haired boy just scratched his nape and slowly make his way home. Whilst he was about to pass the dock and toward his house the boy stopped him. Taehyung turned to the call and the taller and much older boy walked over and stopped about six feet away from him. "Are you Kim Taehyung?" he asked. 

His voice was a bit hoarsed and raspy compared to Taehyung. "I am, why?"

The man took another step closer to Taehyung and this time the gap between them was cut in half. Although the man didn't look baleful Taehyung could feel a threatening presence from the stranger. "Kim Taehyung, second year this year and team captain of Brazen Track Shooters, better known as BTS?" he asked. Taehyung wasn't sure if he was supposed to answer to that, the older boy seemed to have done his homework. When Taehyung didn't reply he asked again, "Are you or are you not the team captain Kim Taehyung from BTS?" 

"I am." 

This time a smirked crawled on the unknown's face and he took another step closer, "Well then, I'll be seeing you once Fall semester begins then. Call me Seo Kang Joon, Team Captain." Kang Joon held out a hand waiting for Taehyung to grab hold, and when he did he could feel the older man's hand tighten around his.

Taehyung knew he was declaring a challenge and not trying to show any weakness Taehyung kept a normal face until the man let go first. Kang Joon gave one last cold smile to Taehyung and then left the neighborhood. 

Taehyung could hear shouting and verbally fighting coming from the inside of the small house while he stood near the door. He waited for it to quiet down before he actually tried to enter, but the door swing opened and his eyes met with his father's. The old man's hair was messed up, his clothes was out of place, and his face read beyond furious.

He glared at Taehyung and stopped beside the puce haired boy. "You useless trash! How come you're just coming home now?!" he shouted and Taehyung's eyes squinted a little then the old man smacked him on the arm as strong as he could pushing Taehyung one step closer to the door. Then the man stormed off after swearing some more colorful adjectives under his breath. The young latter moved into the small house and its state matched his angry father. It was like a tornado sweapt through the area, or someone broke into the house, everything that doesn't belong on the ground was scattered all over the floor. 

In the center of all the trashed and broken dishes and items Taehyung could see his crying mother. Her hair was messed up and just like his father, the two must have gotten into a physical fight, since both of their clothes and hair were out of place. "Mom..." he called out for her under a whisper. His mother turned around and grabbed his shirt.

"You bastard! Why did I have to have you?! Why do you resemble that dog that always bite me!? Answer me you devil-like son!" She pulled and tugged his shirt, Taehyung's face was drained of expressions and blood. "You! Get out of this house this instant!!" She looked around for something to throw at him, and came across a broken plate. She grabbed the frozen glass and threw it toward him, cutting him on the arm and a little over the right shoulder. Taehyung groaned at the fresh wound and his father came toward him again, this time pulling his hair. She tried to drag him outside but he kept inside and uses both arms to pushed against the door. "GET OUT YOU JERK!" she demanded but he pushed some more in which she lost control and fell backwards instead, releasing his hair. 

She got up immediately and grabbed the nearest stick she could beat him with, Taehyung got up as well and when she charged toward him, he just waited for her to beat him. 

It was a cycle Taehyung was used to. His father would gamble and lose all the money his mother made, then he would pissed her off, and then she would take out all her anger on Taehyung. The team captain knew, if he doesn't let her beat him then she might runaway. He didn't want his parents to divorce or move away from one another. That's one major reason why the puce haired boy joined basketball, it was to stay away from home as much as he can. At school he's admired as the Basketball Team Captain, but at home he's nothing more than a punching bag. His fate must evolved around sports, sadly.

Night time was his favorite time, since it's dark it's usually quiet. Taehyung was sitting on the dirtroad looking up at the countless stars and one bright moon. He had one hand over a rag and placed it over his wound made by the glass. He sighed knowing no one would ever come to understand him, he can't even understand him. 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

It was already midnight but the bright lights in one particular two stories house were still on. 

"I told you that's not right, why are you arguing with me?" Park Ji Bin asked a butler loudly. Ji Bin was seated in his large desk, enough for ten students to sit around, with a stack of papers and textbooks opened to the middle. He was irritated when the butler wasn't supportive and helping him with his studies. "How is 'x' to the power of three minus 'n' divided by 'z' equals 0? Can't you see it says find 'y' right here? [(x^3-n)/z=y]" The butler in his sixties peeked over the boy's head to see the problem once again. 

"Young master, if you do not know how would I know? It's been five decades since I've done math." the butler whined and Ji Bin scoffed. 

"I see, you can't even calculate the result for when you last did math. What are those brains for when they can't even do a little math?" Ji Bin mocked and the butler was dumbfounded. 

"Young master, what do you mean?" he asked leaning in closer to the boy. 

"Butler Kwon, you're sixty-three years old, why was it five decades ago since you've done math? Did you only take math classes until you were 13?" 

The butler noticed his miscalculation then quickly try to correct himself but the boy raised a hand. "Nevermind, I'll solve it on my own. Seriously, no one in this house can do math and history. So frustrating." he sighed and started focusing on the problem again as the man beside him kept silence. Then a knock came to the door and as it opened slowly, their attention drew the entering maid, she bowed a 90 degrees bow then stood up halfway. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter