Wishing For Your Return

A Yearning Desire [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Key: Character's thoughts = text -Example- text Character's actions in between speeches = "text (Example) text." Flashback = (Example) Next scene = ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

A bright light bulb lit the spacy room and the sound made by a pencil scratching against papers created an offbeat sound to the ears. It was 11p.m. in New York in the United States and an important exam, that decides whether you pass or fail, was going to be held tomorrow morning. Kim Gun Tae, or Park Gun Tae, had his textbook that contained about some odd five hundred pages opened to a particular section, in which he was relying on for his notes. Upon coming across the term 'miss' in the aligned sentences imprinted onto the white page, he suddenly remember something, or someone. 

Kim Yoo Jung. The only girl whom had captured his heart from six years ago and is his second younger sister, scratch that, according to him she is his lover.

He drew in a deep breath. It has been two years since he was forced to cut off any kind of contacts with her in order to do well abroad. Afterall he was the first in line to inherit his parent's assets and business. The parents that adopted him when he was ten; is has been seven years since he became their oldest son and brother to four others.

All of his past emotions was making its way downward to the pencil that was tightly gripped in between his middle to thumb's fingers, and he stopped himself before snapping it into two pieces. "You're still up?" His gaze detached from the firm materials on the desk and pivoted skyward just to see his other sister. Although Kim So Hyun was only a few days younger than Gun Tae she really gives off an older and more mature aura. She was looking directly into his light brown eyes and once again her sparkling dark ore pupil reminded him of Yoo Jung. Except Yoo Jung's eyes were more almond-shaped and wasn't round and big like cartoon animations. Which only reminds him that this was real life, and his love for Yoo Jung wasn't accepted by others. If only like in cartoons or made up stories where the hero always ends up with the heroine, he wouldn't mind being an animation. 

Gun Tae finally regain his senses when Sohyun's gaze turned into an intense stare. "Oh, yeah.... I'm studying for tomorrow's exam." he explained in high hopes that she would leave him alone. Unlike him So Hyun had the looks and brains in which she doesn't have to resort to spending hours and hours of studying. Gun Tae's knowledge wasn't at all slacking, but compared to her, that seem to be the case.

So Hyun stepped closer to the front of the desk and disappointed her brother, whom she had been crushing on as well. "Would you like some help?" 

Gun Tae declined her offer with a quick shake of the head and she pouted before circling the desk to have a closer look. Slightly bending she used one hand to pushed her long hair in the front closer to her chest in order to see everything on his desk clearer. Gun Tae's face was only a few inches away from her pale wrist that was wrapped with three bracelets. All three valued up to at least a total of three hundred USD. "Gun Tae you got the wrong answer written down here." So Hyun used her spare hand and rested it near the pencil texts on the paper. Her brother leaned inward to see what she had wanted him to fix. "It's not the twelfth amendment, it's the fourteenth. All slaves currently or former are given citizenship in the United States since 1868." So Hyun said in English as if she was reading from a visible text somewhere. 

Gun Tae apologized and thanked her for catching that minor error. She laughed and poked his cheek with an index finger, "You better keep that in mind, if you make a similar mistake later on then I'll really scold you." she warned and he smiled weakily at that.

With only five hours of sleep Gun Tae woke up to the screaming of his alarm on his smartphone. Upon turning it off he groaned faintly irritated due to the lack of sleep as he sat upright on his single bed. Gun Tae counted two knocks to his door and is fully aware of who it was. "Are you up yet? Hurry or we'll be late." So Hyun called from behind the coaled-colored door. 

"Yeah, I'll be down there in a few." Gun Tae replied before ripping the thin sheets off him. Since it was already summer here the thinner the sheets the better. While he was washing up he heard a chirp coming from the direction of his phone, on the nightstand, and he dry his face as he approached it after coming out from the bathroom. When he turned it on he noticed it was a message, a message from his father, "Forget and do your best on your test." 

Forget he say, do your best on your test he ended with. -Forget? You want me to forget about her? Supporting me like how you're doing now, was it something impossibe back then? Was my honesty that upsetting that sending me abroad was truly your way of punishing me? 

So Hyun was stealing glances at Gun Tae from a seat away. Inside the classroom the teacher was passing out their test packets to the student in the front row and knowing what to do one of the dark-skinned African American boy passed the remaining packets to Gun Tae who sat behind him. But to the spacing out boy he didn't even noticed the stack of papers nearly stabbing him in the neck. 

"Yo Gun Tae." The brown boy said aloud calling him back to earth. Just when Gun Tae snapped out of it their teacher peeked over toward their direction. 

"The test's out, why are you, Jacob and Gun Tae talking?" He asked and the boy known as Jacob grunted. 

"Oh we're not talking, I was just trying to get his attention." the boy lifted up the stack that was still in his hand and the teacher motioned for them to continue. Jacob innocently smiled at the teacher until his focus turned to his computer as his desk and Jacob swing himself around. "Dude, if I fail this test by default I'll have you beaten." he growled and slapped the packets onto Gun Tae's desk then turned around to start his test. Gun Tae didn't let the warning that may never occur bother him, and soon he joined the group of testtakers.

As expected So Hyun was one of the few who was finished early and was given the right to take a nap. Although her head was resting on her crossed arms over her cleared desk, she was looking at Gun Tae. She could see the drowsiness in his eyes to his long eyelashes. They shared the same amount of sleep and she, herself, could barely keep her eyes open as well. 

Because it was finals week, once they were done with all exams in each class, they were given four days off before they receive their test results. 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Kim Yoo Jung was tracing the posted papers behind a glass window in search of whether she had passed or failed the course. She found herself in the top ten and smiled proudly. Curious as to who was first she looked at the two numbers and names and one name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter