Big Bang, Big Prank

Fate's Sweet Melodies

 

Big Bang took notice of them. Seung Ri and Dae Sung saw them first as they were walking in front. Dae Sung nudged Tae Yang and nodded toward the Four Seasons. Tae Yang looked up. They all smiled and waved politely at them. Shervonne and Paige gripped onto one another to stop from squealing. Rylee rolled her eyes. Lia blushed and looked away.

Just then G-Dragon, the lead singer, and TOP looked up from their conversation at the back. They spotted Shervonne, Paige and Rylee and, like the other three, smiled but nodded their heads.

Lia looked up and immediately caught G-Dragon’s eyes. When she looked into those gorgeous brown eyes, she felt a wave of electricity flow through her. It was shocking, but nice. She didn’t know what that meant. She looked away and looked back. He looked shocked, but then he smiled, blinking a couple of times. He raised his hand at her and gave a little wave.

She turned to look at TOP, who looked at her and frowned. She frowned too. Why was he frowning at her?

G-Dragon turned to look at TOP. “Museun il-iya?” he asked. “What’s wrong?”

TOP shook his head and muttered, “Ani, amugeosdo. Nah, it’s nothing.” But he looked at her again before walking off.

G-Dragon stared after her again before following the other members. The paparazzi followed not long after.

“What was that all about just now?” Rylee demanded to know once Big Bang was gone. “The looks G-Dragon and TOP gave you?”

Lia shrugged. “I wish I knew.”

“I think G-Dragon likes you,” Shervonne spoke up. “You could tell by the way he smiled at you. TOP, I have no idea. Maybe he was jealous that G-Dragon likes you?”

Lia rolled her eyes. “Honestly, I doubt that’s it,” she replied, “For both of them. G-Dragon liking me seems absurd. As for TOP, I don’t know and I don’t want to even think about it.” She paused. “Although . . . don’t you think you’ve seen TOP somewhere before?”

“Yeah, like, on television,” Paige replied.

But Lia shook her head. “No, something about his face seemed familiar. It’s like I’ve seen him somewhere other than in videos of Big Bang.”

“Probably in those Korean dramas I usually watch,” Shervonne replied. “TOP does star in some of them.”

“Maybe,” Lia said doubtfully. She frowned thoughtfully.

Rylee and Shervonne exchanged knowing glances. Lia was getting way out of head with all this things.

“I think you’re delirious from seeing them,” Rylee said.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” Lia asked.

She shrugged. “No, not really.” No point beating around the bush. She’d never had any patience for that anyway. She checked her watch. “Oh, no! We have to go back now or else we’ll be late!”

“Which way do we have to go?” Paige asked.

“The same direction Big Bang went.”

Shervonne and Paige weren’t pleased. The idea of running pass the five hottest guys on earth like crazy headless chickens didn’t appeal to them.

Lia checked her phone and frowned. She looked at Rylee who just smiled and shrugged. She turned to the other two. “At least this way they’ll remember us,” she reasoned. “It’s better than not knowing us at all.”

Reluctantly Shervonne and Paige agreed. Holding their bags tight so it wouldn’t simply fly around, the Four Seasons made a run for it. They could see Big Bang ahead of them. They were alone, the paparazzi was gone. Dae Sung and Seung Ri were looking at the pond. Tae Yang was on the phone. G-Dragon and TOP were sitting down on the bench. All five of them looked up when they saw the Four Seasons nearing them.

“How much longer do we have?” Rylee asked.

Ahead of her, Paige checked her watch. “We’ve got — hold it!” She pulled to an abrupt stop. Unfortunately Shervonne, who was right behind her, didn’t account for that and crashed into her, sending both of them toppling down right in front of the members of Big Bang!

Rylee and Lia slowed their run into a jog to burst out laughing. They clamped their hands over their mouth to stop from giggling so hard but it was useless. They were doubled over with laughter.

Shervonne and Paige, blushing with great embarrassment, stood up and brushed the dirt off their clothes.

“We’ve got half an hour more,” Paige said, looking accusingly at Rylee.

Shervonne gasped as she now realized what Rylee had planned. She a finger at her. “You sneaky little rat!” she burst out. “You tricked us!”

Lia bit her lips. “Well, I guess that was the most fun we had in — oh, say, couple of minutes?”

Rylee covered her head with her baseball cap, squatting down. She clutched her sides. “Oooh, wasn’t that was fun!” She stood up and got her phone out. “Smile,” she said, snapping a picture of Paige and Shervonne looking ridiculously mad. She laughed and showed the picture to Lia who choked back on laughter.

“Rylee, that wasn’t funny,” Paige said, trying to calm down.

Giggling, Lia darted a look at the members of Big Bang and saw that they were smiling, understanding the joke. She shook her head. “Nah, Paige is right. It wasn’t funny. It was hilarious.”

Rylee slapped high fives with her but Shervonne glowered. “You’re such a child,” she snapped. She straightened up. “I’m going back to the bus so I won’t be late.”

Paige followed after her.

Rylee and Lia exchanged glances and shook their heads. They were used to Shervonne’s temper whenever she gets embarrassed.

“Well, can’t blame me for wanting to have some fun,” Rylee said to Lia once the other two were gone. She paid no attention to the boys of Big Bang, who were still looking at them curiously.

“But, you gotta admit, it was kind of mean,” Lia replied.

She shrugged. “Hey, you know what I’ll do for fun. Besides, knowing Sher, she’ll be at my feet begging for more.”

Lia had to laugh. Rylee was so . . .  happy-go-lucky. “Just make sure it doesn’t lead to total friend-ship destruction.”

“Hurtful.” But she was smiling. “Trust me; your lives would be boring if I wasn’t in it.” She looked toward the pond. “Oooh, little ducks. They’re cute.”

“Is there a time when you think before you say or do something?”

But Rylee just beamed, turning back to face her. “Say, Lia . . .”

“Oh no.” Lia looked at her warily. “I know that look.”

“What?” she asked innocently.

But Lia shook her head, holding her hands up. “It’s the look you have every time you have a lame joke,” she replied. “It’s not exactly something I wanna hear, I bet.”

“Oh, come on! Is it that bad?”

“Yes!”

She pouted.

Lia sighed. “I’m so gonna regret this. Fine. What is it?”

“It’s just a thought, okay? You know how a person who guides someone is called a mentor, and a person who is being guided is called a mentee, right?”

“Yes,” she said hesitantly.

“If someone who bullies is called a bully, what do you call a person who gets bullied?”

“Erm . . .” Lia knew it was a trick question. The actual answer is victim, but she had a strong feeling that wasn’t the answer. “Let me guess. Bully-ee? Bully-er?” She shrugged. “Oh, I don’t know. What is it?”

“It’s a victim, stupid,” Rylee answered with a straight face. A second later, she burst out laughing.

Lia slapped her forehead with her hand. “Oh, major facepalm,” she muttered.

“Ha, good one,” someone said on their left. They turned and saw Taeyang grinning.

Rylee grinned back at him and gave a thumbs-up.

“Don’t encourage her!” Lia groaned and looked at her friend. “I’m pushing you into the pond!” she threatened.

“I crack myself up.” Rylee giggled.

“You crack yourself up? But, Rylee, you’re not an egg,” she replied, smirking.

Rylee’s face turned from a laughing one into a disbelief look. “Sweat,” she commented. “I think you hang out with me a little too often. You’re starting to get the lame bug!”

“Still walking perfectly fine,” Lia replied sarcastically and this time, Rylee laughed too. They linked hands and ‘limped’ back to the bus where everyone else has now gathered back, waiting for Ms. Payton.

Rylee walked up to Shervonne and Paige. “I’m sorry. I already deleted that ugly picture. I promise I’ll not pull a mean prank on you during our time in Korea.”

“Really?” Shervonne asked, surprised. “Do you really mean it?”

She nodded seriously.

“Group hug,” Paige said and they hugged.

When they got into the bus, Lia pulled Rylee aside. “Did you really, honestly, delete the picture or were you lying?” she asked in a low murmur.

She grinned. “Of course I was lying. And besides, I made a promise saying that I won’t pull a prank on them while we’re here. I didn’t promise I’ll never play pranks again.”

Lia shook her head. “You are one sneaky little rat.”

“Well, I don’t know what you mean by ‘little’,” she replied. She looked down. “You are shorter than me.”

Lia punched her in the stomach and moved to sit down next to Shervonne at the back seat. “Next stop is the aquarium,” she said.

Shervonne groaned and leaned back in her seat, snuggling. “Someone wake me up when we’re there.” She closed her eyes.

Rylee was tempted to whack her face and struggled to resist. “Must — not — whack — Shervonne’s — face,” she said. She forced her arms to stay pinned to her sides. Shervonne looked up and glared at her.

“What? Hey, it’s working. If I say it, I’d be less tempted to whack your face.”

Paige sighed. “Rylee, seriously,” she said wearily. “Enough. Go to sleep. Use your energy for something useful.”

Lia rolled her eyes and went to sleep.