Something Stirring in My Heart

Fate's Sweet Melodies

Lia woke up at seven to get ready. By seven-thirty she was ready. Her phone beeped and her friends stirred. She checked her message box.

 

Hey bday gal, open the door 4 me

- Ji Oppa

 

Puzzled, Lia went to open the door. She gasped when she saw Ji Yong standing outside looking incredibly hot with his black shirt with white polka dots and jeans, his brown hair spiked up.

What was more surprising was that he was holding a bouquet of roses in his hands.

“Ji Oppa!” she cried in delight, throwing her arms around him. “Awww, you didn’t have to!”

He leaned down to kiss her on the cheeks. “Happy birthday,” he said.

“What are you doing here so early?” Lia asked. “I thought you guys weren’t coming until nine-thirty!”

“Oh, I came alone,” he explained. “I want to make sure that you’re feeling okay about today. Plus, I want to get to spend some alone time with you.” He gently caressed her cheeks. “How are you feeling?”

She smiled. “I feel so much better now that you’re here,” she replied honestly, stepping aside so that he would come in. She took the flowers from him. “And the roses are beautiful. Thank you.”

He put his hand on her back. “I’m sorry I didn’t get any present,” he said sheepishly. “I didn’t know what you would like.”

“It’s okay; I like the roses.” She hugged him to let him know she was happy. “Er, my friends are probably still sleeping so . . .”

But they were already awake and they were surprised to see that they had a guest inside their hotel room, especially when the guest was Kwon Ji Yong.

“Er, hi girls,” Ji Yong said, embarrassed.

Lia steered him back out. “Whoops, wrong idea. Ji Oppa, could you wait outside?”

“Sure.” He kissed her lightly on the lips before walking out.

She came back. “Heh, sorry about that.”

“Aww, he was so sweet, kissing you like that,” Paige said dreamily.

“I saw how he couldn’t keep his eyes off you,” Shervonne teased which made Lia blush as she put the flowers in a vase. “He looked so sad when you told him to wait outside.”

Rylee took out a box. “Happy birthday, Lia,” she said. “It’s from all of us.”

Lia opened it. It was a photo frame with four square empty slots. They were filled with pictures of the Four Seasons except for one that was a picture of NMD and Lia.

“Oh my, I love it! Thank you!” Lia hugged her friends, squealing. She hugged all of them again. “I really love it!”

They laughed.

“You shouldn’t keep lover boy waiting,” Paige said. “Have fun, okay?”

She nodded as she dashed out of the room. “Bye!”

Ji Yong was outside waiting for her. Once she came out, he grabbed her and kissed her deeply. She closed her eyes, kissing him back. This feels so good.

A door across from them opened and they pulled apart quickly. They turned to see Mark stepping outside. He stopped in his tracks when he saw them out in the hall. His eyes landed on Ji Yong’s arms around Lia’s waist. He scowled darkly.

“Morning,” Lia greeted politely.

“Good morning. It’s Mark, right?” Ji Yong said.

“You’re good,” Lia stated. “I didn’t think you’ll remember his name.”

“Oh, I have a good memory,” he replied.

“Morning, Lia,” Mark said. He nodded toward Ji Yong. “What are you doing up so early?”

“Oh, I’m going out with Ji Oppa and the rest of Big Bang,” she replied.

“We’re going to —” Ji Yong started to say.

But Lia interrupted him. “We’re going to celebrate my birthday,” she told him.

“Oh, right. Happy birthday,” he replied slowly. He still had that look on his face. “Where are you going?”

“To —” Ji Yong tried again.

“Oh, nowhere, really,” Lia cut in again. “We’re probably going to be hanging around the park or town or maybe go to the theme park. Who knows?”

“What time will you be back? I think the other guys have presents to give you.”

“Probably late,” she replied.

Mark scowled. “Fine,” he snapped bitterly. “I’ll give you your present tomorrow.” He turned to go back inside his room.

“Mark —”

Bam!

Lia was faced with a closed door, stunned. Ji Yong hugged her. “I don’t get it,” she said with a frown.

“Why did you lie to him about where we’re going? Why didn’t you tell him?”

“He’s my cousin,” she replied, turning to look at him. “He might feel jealous if he hears that I found my family. Yeah, sure, he’ll find out eventually but at least let me meet my family first before I tell him the truth.”

“Oh, I see. So, how do you feel now?”

She kept quiet, unsure of what to say, what to feel. She followed him to the car and was quiet the whole way to the hostel.

Once they reached there and got out, Ji Yong pinned her up against the car and kissed her softly on the lips. “I’m here, babe,” he murmured between kisses, cupping her face tenderly. “I’ll be here for you.”

She smiled. “I know.”

They went up. The other boys were still asleep so they crept quietly into his room.

Ji Yong stifled a tired yawn, which he failed to hide from Lia.

“Go to sleep,” she told him. “You need it.”

He nodded, too tired to argue. He got into bed and pulled the blanket over him. “Come here,” he said.

Lia got under the blankets with him and snuggled up close to him. He wrapped his arms around her. She could feel his hot breath down her neck. She held his hand and it. They closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep. . . .

 

When Ji Yong woke up, it was nine. He felt a hand on his chest. It was Lia. She was faced sideways to him, sleeping soundly. He smiled. She looked so serene.

He kissed her forehead, hugging her close to him. Something was stirring in his heart. He her hair gently. “My girl,” he murmured, thinking it had a nice ring to it when he said it. He shook his head.

What is he saying?

They’re not even a couple yet he already thinks of her as a girlfriend. Why does he feel like this?

There was a light knock on the door. “Ji Yong, wake up,” Tae Yang’s voice came from the other side of the door. “We have to go pick Lia up at nine-thirty.”

Ji Yong didn’t bother telling him Lia was here with him. He didn’t even bother to reply. He just hugged Lia, who was unperturbed. He kissed her lips lightly.

“Ji Yong-ah, wake up,” Tae Yang said, sounding annoyed.

Lia stirred a bit. Ji Yong held her gently, his heart thumping wildly with her being so close to him.

The door opened and he closed his eyes, sighing. Now the beautiful moment of us being together is wrecked, Ji Yong thought. He didn’t open his eyes. He let Tae Yang believe he was still sleeping.

Tae Yang strolled to his bed, ready to jump on him when he saw Lia. He stopped himself. “Uh . . .”

Ji Yong had to smother his laugh. He knew his friend thought Lia had spent the night with him. He knew that Tae Yang wasn’t sure what to do; should he call hyung or wake them up?

Ji Yong opened his eyes and sat up. “Good morning, Bae,” he said, grinning evilly.

“You didn’t . . .?” Tae Yang was lost for words.

He shook his head. “No.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I went to pick her up earlier. We came back; you guys were still sleeping so we decided to sleep as well.”

Tae Yang looked relieved. “I thought I had to call hyung to . . .” He stopped, looking warily at him. “You didn’t . . .?”

“No, not even then.”

“Okay.” He looked tremendously relieved. “Could you wake her up?” he asked. “Since she’s already here, we can go now.”

“But she’s sleeping so peacefully. . . .” Ji Yong hated to disturb her.

“Probably because she’s with the man she loves,” Tae Yang joked.

“Ai, no.” Ji Yong waved a hand. “How do you know if she loves me? We are just dating. She’s going back to Korea soon.”

“How do you feel about that?”

Ji Yong hesitated. He felt sad, depressed. He wanted her to stay. He didn’t know why but he really did like her. There was just something about her that captured his heart.

He gazed fondly at her. He’s dated a lot of other girls, some who were prettier and hotter than her, but they never made him feel like this before. Lia made him feel alive, but not as in the sensual kind of alive. More like she made him feel so like himself. He couldn’t really explain it.

All he knows is that he wanted to make Lia happy, nothing more, nothing less.

He sighed, turning back to his friend. “I don’t know what’s happening,” he told him. “I’ve never felt like this before.”

Tae Yang smiled. “I don’t know, lideo. I’ve never felt like this before about anyone. I’ve never even been in a relationship before.”

Lia stirred again. And then she opened one eye. “Morning, Bae Oppa,” she mumbled. She yawned and pulled the covers over her head.

“Wake up, lazy,” Ji Yong laughed, shaking her a bit. “We have to go soon. Besides, you’ll have plenty of sleep on the way there.”

“Mmm,” she grumbled. “Don’t want. Carry me there.”

Shrugging, he threw the blanket away, lifted her up without much effort and she cried out in surprise. “You told me to carry you,” he said with a cheeky smile.

Lia blushed. “Put me down!”

But Ji Yong was carrying her to the door. “It’s okay; I can carry you if you don’t want to walk, unless you feel shy about it.”

“Ah . . . please, put me down.”

He set her down on the floor, smirking. Lia was blushing furiously.

Tae Yang shook his head. “You two ah,” he said as they walked out of the room. “I think the two of you would make a cute couple.”

Seung Ri, Dae Sung and TOP were shocked to see Lia emerging from Ji Yong’s room.

“He fetched me earlier,” she replied. “You all were still sleeping so we decided to sleep too.” She walked over to give her brother a hug. “Morning, Oppa.”

“Morning, Mei. Well, now that you are here, I guess we can head straight there. Is everyone ready?”

They all nodded. “Let’s go.”