Love In Seoul

Love In Seoul

Chapter 1

 

The Totoro alarm clock rang as Tiffany slowly opened an eye to look at the clock.

 

"What?" Tiffany panicked & opens both of her wide, brown, almond-shaped eyes, "It's eight already?" Tiffany jumped out of bed & rushed to the bathroom.

 

"I’m glad you finally woke up." Her mom smiled while holding the laundry basket, full of dirty clothes.

 

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Tiffany asked, while trying to brush her teeth as fast as she could.

 

"I did." Her mom laughed, "You slept so well that a tornado wouldn't wake you up."

 

By now, Tiffany had finished using the bathroom & quickly put on a long sleeve, zip neck & sleeve, bedford top & khaki pippa pants. Tiffany quickly packed her bags & grabbed a peanut butter sandwich from the table. Tiffany said bye to her mom & rushed out of the house. Tiffany ran like crazy, most of the way to Abraham Lincoln High School & made it just in time.

 

Tiffany ran to her locker & was interrupted by Luna.

 

"Hey, guess what?" Luna asked her friend excitedly.

 

"What?" Tiffany didn't pay any attention.

 

"I got an autograph from Mariah Carey." Luna enthusiastically said to Tiffany.

 

"Really?" Tiffany said, "It must be nice to see your favourite singer."

 

"I know it must be hard to hear me babble about Mariah Carey but you are the only one who will actually listen to me." Luna smiled thoughtfully, "Anyway, I have to listen to you talk about Korean celebrities all day, too." "Hmmm." Luna paused, "Especially Junho Jung, I think that's his name."

 

"It's Jung Yunho." Tiffany corrected, "I would wonder sometimes why you are Korean & you don't really like Korean music."

 

"I’m sorry." Luna sighed, "I would sometimes wonder about that too, why you like Korean stuff & Japanese." "That's why we are one of a kind." Tiffany grinned.

 

"Oh." Tiffany suddenly remembered something, "We better get to class if we don't want to be late."

 

"Yeah." Luna agreed.

 

Luna & Tiffany ran across the hall to get to their first block which was Math. Luna & Tiffany went inside the classroom & sat near the back. As usual, some popular girls were flirting with some boys.

 

Then, one of them came towards Tiffany & gave her a fake smile, "So Tiffany, I heard that you have a crush on Park Jeongsu!" The girl said it so loudly that everyone could hear it, including Park Jeongsu.

 

‘She must have overheard me when I told Luna that I have a crush on Jeongsu Oppa.’ Tiffany thought to herself, "Is it true?" She smirked.

 

"Get lost, Sulli." Luna defended her friend, "Don't embarrass Tiffany."

 

"Shut up!" Sulli went on, "Well Tiffany?"

 

Tiffany could feel that she was blushing so hard but what can she do? She knew that she couldn’t tell a lie because she does have a crush on Jeongsu. Tiffany then bravely said, "Yes, you are right."

 

Sulli was shocked that shy, quiet Tiffany would tell the whole class that she likes Jeongsu.

 

Jeongsu walked up to Tiffany & sat at the edge of her desk & smiled at her. Tiffany’s heart was pounding so hard that she could hear it.

 

"Don’t worry, because I like you too, Tiffany." Jeongsu smiled in a way that you know he's not joking.

 

Tiffany was so shocked that she didn't know what to do or say. Jeongsu’s egg-shaped face was now only an inch away from Tiffany’s & they would have kissed if it wasn't for Mrs. Carman. Jeongsu quickly went to his seat.

 

Mrs. Carman smiled & announces that she will put up a hard equation & whoever answer it, will win something. While Mrs. Carman put the equation on the board while Tiffany was daydreaming about marrying Jeongsu. What wedding dress would she wear? Where in the world would they live together? How many children would she have? Before Tiffany could think clearly, she yelled out the number three.

 

Mrs. Carman interrupted Tiffany’s daydream & smiled, "That's correct."

 

"Huh?" Tiffany said, confused.

 

"You win." Mrs. Carman said excitedly, "You would get to go to Seoul for five weeks at a Korean celebrity's home. Although, you would need to do five weeks of work ahead of time, it will be worth it." Mrs. Carman further explained, "Well, we better get back to our normal math class.”

 

Tiffany wondered all throughout class & all day about her trip & who the celebrity would be. She was also worried that Jeongsu might miss her too much.

 

In the end of the day, Luna ran up to Tiffany, "I think Jeongsu doesn't really like you."

 

"What you mean?" Tiffany was worried because her friend never lied to her before.

 

"Come with me." Luna led Tiffany to the boy’s sport locker room & put Tiffany in one of the empty lockers. Tiffany felt weird in the locker because she felt liked she was a nerd hiding from a bully.

 

Then she saw from the holes of the locker, Jeongsu & his friends coming in. Tiffany tried so hard to keep quiet, "Do you really like that nerd girl, Tiffany?" One of his friends' asked.

 

"Am I nerd?" Tiffany asked herself.

 

Jeongsu wanted to defend Tiffany but he was afraid he had lose his friends so he said sarcastically, "Nah, I just wanted to ."

 

Tiffany couldn't believe her ear. Tiffany accidentally knocked her head at the side of the locker, "Ow!" Tiffany yelled, & realized that she had given her position away. So, Tiffany came out of the locker. Jeongsu & his friends couldn't believe what had happened or who they were seeing, standing in front of them.

 

Tiffany went up to Jeongsu & smiled at him sweetly, "So, you were just teasing me?" Tiffany’s expression changed from happy to angry, "Well, next time, find someone else." Tiffany ran out of the boy’s locker room with tears streaming down her oval-shaped face.

 

When Luna saw Tiffany, she started to feel bad for telling Tiffany the truth. To her surprises, Jeongsu ran out after Tiffany.

 

"Tiffany, wait!" Jeongsu yelled out.

 

Tiffany stopped & turned around & said coldly, "You want to embarrass me some more?"

 

"Tiffany, let me explain." Jeongsu plead.

 

"I'm listening." Tiffany glared at him.

 

"I really do like you, truly." Jeongsu admitted, "I was just trying to trick my friends that I was just teasing you.”

 

"Why should I?" Tiffany started to walk away.

 

"Because I like you." Jeongsu grabbed Tiffany’s arms & drew Tiffany closer to him. Jeongsu was about to kiss her but Tiffany freed herself & slapped Jeongsu across the face.

 

"I will never trust you again." Tiffany ran all the way home while Jeongsu just stood there with a hurt & shocked expression.

 

Tiffany ran all the way to her room & slammed the door shut. Tiffany hugged her pink pillow & cried for a long time, "That's it." Tiffany declared, "I'm going to work so hard so I will get to go to Seoul. Who cares about Jeongsu." Tiffany’s mind was made up.